SH Figuarts Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Roanstalker, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup, I'm jealous.

Collecting hot toys and masterpiece figures tends to suck me dry lol.

I bought figuarts civil war captain America to go with the 46. And I'm interested to see how the mafex 45 will compare to the 46.

I have the figuarts injustice batman, but I'm definitely going to have to get the dark knight version. Construction-wise figuarts are just top notch in my opinion for this scale.

I'd love to get figuarts mk 3, 6, and 42. And I NEED a mk 7.

I just wish they would include a stand with the figures that can fly, especially with iron men considering they include the flame effects. I tried using a mafex stand, but they're just not good enough or tall enough to hold it properly.

2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I hope Bandai makes Tekken Figuarts, it's about damn time someone made figures for Tekken and Figuarts is an ideal line for it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ShadowOfLght

ShadowOfLght Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Batman is growing on me after seeing the Toyark gallery. And I remember seeing the Batpod displayed, which is also a plus. Just need to announce a Bane and Catwoman. I think The Dark Knight Series would be complete with those 4 (maybe a Ra's Al Ghul as well).

4. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Oh god I want them to make Ras in ninja form and also ninja Bruce

• Like Like x 1
  5. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I almost shit thinking the Dark Knight Batman was going to be TDKR Batman. Even though I have the Mezco and think it's one of the greatest things ever, I'd be interested in seeing how SHF tackles it and of course instabuy. Movie DK is easy pass for me.

6. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Dark Knight Batman looks great! He even works well with Suicide Squad Harley (though I don't much care for Leto's SS Joker). Definitely want to see a Batpod, Catwoman, and Bane to go with Bats and Ledger's Joker. I know Mafex is releasing an improved Catwoman v2 but if SHF does her I can wait for the SHF version.

7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think you should pick them up. The Ryu is really good for a 'generic' or 'anime' version of Ryu. However I would suggest that you pick one in person (if it was possible) due to the 'eye' alignment problem. I picked mine up and the eye issue didn't really bother me.

Oh yeah! And I hope they will be as large as the SH Figuarts Ryu version. I want Bandai to made Kazuya, Heihachi, Paul Phoenix, Jin. King, Armor King, Kuma. Nina Williams, Law etc. I would buy them all!

Its almost criminal that for all these years we still haven't got any decent Tekken figures when the Tekken series has a very strong following. Personally, I prefer Tekken than Street Fighter - its a game simple to play and yet hard to master.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    I've been waiting for a Tekken line since the mid-90's. The PAK's won't cut it for me with their largely PVC construction. I prefer Tekken's story and music over Street Fighter.

There is incentive here as Akuma is crossing over to Tekken 7 and there was a SF x Tekken game using the same engine as SFIV. There was supposed to be a Tekken x SF game using the engine that Tekken used. I think Namco was planning to base it off of Tekken Tag 2 since it incorporated projectiles.

Maybe Tekken x SF will finally happen on PS4. It'll just make me crave Tekken Figuarts even more.

The good thing is, Bandai did include Bandai on their Figuarts survey....

• Like Like x 2
  9. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm hoping that the SF line will give Bandai a reason to do a line filled with Darkstalkers characters.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    That would be great

• Like Like x 1
  11. infinite_virtue

infinite_virtue Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wish I could get into Hot Toys but they are just a bit too pricey for my liking. Maybe I'll pick one up in the future but it'll have to be something really cool that I really like (Rey was a close one though). lol.

Figuarts are like the next best thing I guess. Haha. Though their prices have slowly started to rise especially the Marvel Figuarts.

Stands would definitely be a nice addition for all the figures. The Tamashii Stages Act 4 are relatively affordable though and they come in packs of three which is nice. I like the Trident stage too for the Iron Man figures.

12. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  14. Slave IV

Lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, I actually prefer Tekken more than Street Fighter too. The moves, combos, juggles etc are so much aesthetically pleasing than SF IMO.

The timing of the juggles aren't tighter than SF and can be customized (to a certain extent).

But woe to those to think that Tekken is an easier game when it has harder juggles and 'just frame' moves such as the Mishima's EWGFs!

The music...oh man, I loved the tracks. Example, T2 and T3 soundtrack was pretty dope.

Gameplay wise, T3 showed gamers how a sequel should have been done. The side-stepping and the moves that accompany it.

T4 that's when Namco introduced walls.

I'm also curious why Tekken X Street Fighter never happen? After all, a CPU model of Ryu was shown.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  16. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Had to cancel my AOTC Padme preorder, unfortunately. Too many other things coming out right now/soon. Oh well

17. Boxcarkid182

Boxcarkid182 New Member

Instagram:
    Oh wow hot toys figure holding Figuarts mk 42. I'm a super huge Figuarts iron man fan. Trying to collect every iron man Figuarts has released. Right now I have the mk 3, the mk 42 , 43, 45 and 46. My mk 6 just shipped yesterday with hall of armor piece as I think the New mk 6 sculpt is much superior to the old. All I need is the age of heroes mk 3 (black and gold marvel now) and the mk 6 black version. Can't wait for them to finish this hall of armor thing as well however not too stoked if I want extra pods for my other marks that I'm gonna have to pay 93$ a piece. Also does anyone think or know if Figuarts is going to do a mk 47? They already are showing their homecoming spidey! And hot toys is showing their iron man mk 47 based on the ultimate armors. I really want a Figuarts version. Shouldn't be too hard pretty much just a repaint of the 46. Two of my Figuarts next to my buddy's figma mk 42 to show how the coloring on figmas 42 was way off from promo photos.

Attached Files:

18. Boxcarkid182

Boxcarkid182 New Member

Instagram:
    Yes it does once I got my first Figuarts iron man I could stop. I have almost every MCU character in legends but hasbro does not do iron man justice. Since getting my first mk 46 I know have the mk 3, mk 42, mk43, mk 45 and my new mk 6 with hall of armor piece just shipped yesterday. Now I need the mk 3 black and gold marvel now age of heroes figure but can't find it for less than like 170$, and the mk 6 black version. Also not happy if I want hall of armor pods for my 42,43,45 and 46 that I have to spend like 93$ a piece on them. Anyone know of Figuarts doing a mk 47?? They already released their spidey photos from homecoming and hot toys has their promo photos available for be iron man mk 47 based off the ultimate comics armor. But haven't heard anything from Figuarts on this new armor. I'm addicted to Figuarts iron man armors. Figuarts also needs to do a bleeding edge, extremis, shape changing and new century armor like sentinel.

19. Slave IV

I don't think SHF has comic style rights...A big reason why the only Iron Man figures I like to buy are from Sentinel. That and they are some of the best figures made, period.

20. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    The Sentinel IM figures do look great but they're too rich for my blood. The Revoltech IM figures are pretty good even with the inferior materials and joint system. They'll do in a pinch just standing there in the SHF Halls of Armor while the SHF versions of the figures are free to be posed and played with. Double dipping on characters has its perks. :D