SG homaging outside properties?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kaymac, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

SG Drift being an homage to Deadpool got me thinking. SG seems like the perfect place to homage outside characters, and some outside characters could really suit the natural "opposites" that would exist in the SG Universe.

What characters do you think should be homaged, and what TF should "be" them?

For example: SG Lockdown could be an homage to Dante. SG Nemesis Prime is Master Chief. Etc.

2. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    In that case, SG Dinobot should be The Arbiter.

3. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Hmm. And SG Thunderblast is Cortana. XD

4. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is a character who has already appeared in SG, Star Saber. He's a foul-up who never gets promoted, everyone hates him, except for this wacky sidekick Swoop. Since it's already pretty close, I'd like to see Star Saber protrayed more like Arnold Rimmer from Red Dwarf, while Swoop is David Lister. Also, since G1 Star Saber is the hero of the universe, he makes a good "Ace Rimmer".

5. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    SG RODIMUS could BE MIRROR SPOCK

is your mind blown yet?

6. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Also, I wrote SG Prowl based on movie Barricade.

[​IMG]

SG Overlord based on Santa Claus.

[​IMG]

SG Erector based on Ash from Evil Dead.

[​IMG]

Shattered Glasss Waver based on Moe Howard.

[​IMG]

The Autobot Micromaster Shadow Patrol. Tote is based on The Shadow, Tailspin on Bart Simpson. Balaze Master on no one specifically.

Tote

[​IMG]

Function: Shadow Patrol Commander

Motto: "What terror lurks in the fuel pumps of mechs? The Shadow Patrol knows."

Bio: Tote is the melodramatic commander of one of the most mysterious and effective Autobot teams under Optimus Prime's rule. Tote is a planner and schemer who likes to set up dirty tricks before a battle, then lead others into thinking his team has some sort of supernatural aid that allows them to accomplish the impossible. Slow, but nearly undetectable when his stealth field in operating, Tote not only spies on the Decepticons, but pulls triple duty by keeping the cowardly Tailspin and the lofty Blaze Master working at peak efficiency. The other two Micromasters follow his every order to the letter, leading other to think he has some damning information that he uses to blackmail the others.

Tailspin

[​IMG]

Motto: "It wasn't me, I wasn't there, you can't prove anything."

Function: Reconnaissance

Bio: A coward and a liar down to the diode, Tailspin will make up any story to get himself out of danger. Usually sent in before an Autobot attack to relay the lay of the land before a battle, Tailspin uses his stealth capabilities to blend in with his surroundings and then zip around the Decepticons, relaying back information to his superiors. Would make formidable sneak attacker if he wasn't so afraid of being caught he refuses to engage his opponents. The other Autobots only keep him around because no one is better at gathering quick intelligence.

Blaze Master

[​IMG]

Function: Sabotage

Motto: "Step into my playground and you've already lost."

Bio: One of Optimus Prime's most arrogant war weapons, Blaze Master was given his name because of the victories his has secretly aided the Autobots in obtaining. This high flying aerial recon Micromaster can create and focus an invisible beam of anti-protons which build up in his opponents causing their systems to glitch. Megatron has never suspected that the reason his troops weapons may misfire in battle or scanners go on the blink is because this high villian is actually sabotaging the Decepticons as he flies far overhead.

SG Landshark based on Quint from Jaws.

[​IMG]

Motto: "You have city hands, Flak. You been countin' energon all your cycles. This ain't empty shooting in the rad zone, I'm talkin about Decepticon huntin! Big ones, 25 feet tall and armed."

Also known as "great white" Landshark has been hunting since long before the Great War, a loner, he kills Decepticons for pleasure, but if you pay his fee he will target a particular Decepticon, track him down and terminate him. Carries a hydralic pack for up-close combat. Prefers to harpoon his opponent from cover, then move in to crush them. Sometimes hired by Thunderclash as added muscle for the Elite Guard, but refuses to join the team officially.

SG Snowcat based on Batman.

Toy - Universe Kaybee Exclusive Redeco Snowcat

Motto: "I Am Vengeance! I Am the Night! I am the Snowcat!"

Function: Dark knight of justice.

When the mech who would become The Snowcat was just a newly designed protoform his rich designers took him to see a holovid in the city of Tarn. Taking a shortcut home through a seedier area, the designers were jumped by a violent mech named Prowl who killed them both. Scarred witnessing the brutal murder of his designers, the young protoform went on a quest. He dedicated his life to developing and mind and body to the fullest, learning a combination of cyber-ninja techniques, street fighting as well as training his mind to solve any puzzle, to out-think any criminal. After vorns of training he took to the streets of the city where his designers died. He became the crime fighter known and feared by any Autobot thugs or villain who threatens the innocent. On the rooftops of Tarn a lone figure stalks the predators, he is ... The Snowcat

[​IMG]

SG Swindle based on Jerry Lewis.

Name: Swindle
    Function: Charity Coordinator
    Motto: “Any kindness that I can show to any mech, let me do it now.”

The most selfless Decepticon under Megatron’s command, Swindle would give the back plate off his torso unit if it was for a good cause. A former entertainer in the days before the war, Swindle found his calling in helping the displaced young of Cybertron. He founded “Swindle’s Protoforms”, a group which helps young disadvantaged Cybertronians around the planet. Once a solar cycle he broadcasts a live fundraiser which hosts acts by some of Cybertron’s most famous personalities. Carries a Pinpoint Rifle which fires a single precise shot, but takes a long time to aim. As a backup has a short range Lockup Pistol, which freezes his opponents joints.

Toy: RiD Rollbar Redeco (I figured they never used this deco in ANY fiction as Rollbar, so it might as well be SG Swindle!)

[​IMG]

7. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko Some Internet Guy

All of this is irrelevent. However, SG MetroPlex should be michalangelo, a real party dude some might say.

8. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Case anyone's curious about Driftpool.

9. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

News Credits:
    If I'm not mistaken, SG Ratbat is an homage to Batman and Steeljaw is based off of Voltron's Black Lion.

I can't think of many personality-wise, however.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    If SG Drift is Deadppol then SG Deadlock is Deathstroke the Terminator

11. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

SG trypticon should base off Barney the dinosaur.

SG Razorclaw should be basically every character Jim Carry has ever played.

SG Overload should have the personality of Jean-Luc Picard

12. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    So that new Takara Steeljaw repaint is actually Shattered Glass Steeljaw then ?