Minor/Repaint: SG Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by AutoCon2076, Mar 15, 2010.

1. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Or maybe not so buch BB, but Cliffjumper instead...

*03-16-10: Waiting on Autobot symbols from CapturedPrey*

So he's pretty much (just about) done. I'm going to fill a few spots in here and there to wipe out the rest of the yellow. I'm waiting for the stickers to arrive - and then I guess he'll pretty much be complete. Sorry there's no yellow on him for those who wanted it, but I just couldn't find a way to use it to my liking. Thanks to all those who helped me decide on blue, and thanks to Frenzy_Rumble for getting me motivated to try this myself. Oh, and a big thanks to Hasbro for not making this piece in the first place thus forcing me to repaint one. yerp

~Z

*Gun is from a Universe Treadshot

*03-15-10* --------------------------
    So I finally started on my Shattered Glass Bumblebee today. Technically I started last night with disassembling, but whatever. Anyways right now there isn't too much to say or show. I have the majority of the figure suspended from my basement ceiling in pieces; right now drying with the first coat of blue atop the primer.

I decided that I am going to keep the black pieces black and the grey pieces grey. The only thing I did was paint up a few details here and there. I think they'll work well with the overall color-scheme. I'll provide pictures of the body panels tomorrow once I get some light down there.

I haven't brush-painted in what feels like forever.

~Z

Attached Files:

2. Trikeboy

Trikeboy Well-Known Member

Is this before he gets upgraded into Goldbug? What colours are you doing his vehicle mode in? It will be good to see the backstabbing brown-nose before he manipulated his way up the Autobot ranks.

3. AutoCon2076

Yep! I wanted to make a Pre-Goldbug Bumblebee. The vehicle mode will be primarily blue; the shade is a bit lighter than navy, but looks nice and dull. I'm still arguing on whether or not I'll add some kind of stripe or something. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

In regards to 'robot guts,' I left all of the black parts their original color. All I did really was repaint the forearms black and dry brush the whole thing with silver. I still need to go over it some more in a few spots, but so far I think this is turning out rather well. Thanks for looking!

~Z

Note: I added a pic of the painted forearms. I also show the hood-scoop, which is what color Bumblebee will be upon completion.

4. AutoCon2076

Added a pic of his head. My phone is iffy with lighting; that's the best one I could take for now.

~Z

5. kaindarkstar87

kaindarkstar87 Decepticon Outcast

i still say a little yellow is needed somewhere, maybe a stripe or something. Really good start though!

6. AutoCon2076

Almost done! Alt-mode pics will be taken when the stickers get here. Until then I give a 3/4 fender shot.

~Z

7. spoonman

spoonman I make bots.

Coming along very well. I don't know if that weathered look is on purpose cuz you said it wasn't done yet but I think it looks great so far!

8. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Hmmm I made something very similar to this (same colors) back when this toy first came out, a decepticon called, QUICKDRAW.

9. AutoCon2076

Didn't know that, but no worries - Quickdraw is still Quickdraw. I liked the blue color for Bumblebee here because it'd compliment SG Cliffjumper's purple. Kind of like G1's red & yellow theme. Infact if I can find another Bumblebee I'd like to make that one into SG Cliffjumper.

~Z

10. godbomber

godbomber Henkei != Hentai

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In the SG fanfics from FunPub, the original SG Cliffjumper is blue, there's a pic of him & SG Drench (as zombies, no less).

11. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Ah, it's cool no worries. It's still a cool paint job. :) 

12. AutoCon2076

Well damn - you are correct. I just found a pic on tfwiki (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Cliffjumper_(SG)) , and while I thought he was purple, he does appear to be blue... well damn. I'm guessing based on the highlighted parts that he'd be a really light blue... I'm confident I can make him look different that Bumblebee. Hell if I can find a beat up enough BB I'll make SG CJ a zombie. Afterall, I did have the first battle-damaged Alternator custom... so I kinda-sorta know what I'm doin with that. :thumbs2:  Then again I could always retcon my custom as SG Cliffjumper and then do SG Bumblebee... in ORANGE! Why did I not think of that? Orange - the hue between red and yellow. That'd be perfect! So later on today I'm gonna grind this figure's face off and make him Cliffjumper!

~Z

13. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think thats more of an SG Cliffjumper. I'd imagine SG BB to be more like reversed colours (i.e. black with yellow trimmings). CJ fits the blue well as a direct opposite to red.

14. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Oh, nice work though! :) 

15. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Funny because I was just thinking that BB might look better in orange the last time I checked this thread. Mainly seems that way because the blue just screams Glyph to me and green is bets for Tap-Out.

Personally that pic on TFwiki still says dark blueish purple to me