SG Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by AutoCon2076, Mar 14, 2010.

?

What color should I paint him?

1. Green (forest/hunter shade)

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Blue (navy/midnight shade)

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  3. Grey (flat; almost a primer)

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. White (matte)

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Hey there. So I was moving things around in my old house and a came across a Classics Bumblebee. Since it was buried in a box in a corner (with no other TFs), I assume its one of my nephews toys. Well they get like $200/mo of new crap to play with so I'm claiming as my own. So in the SG universe Bumblebee was introduced as Goldbug. Yet in our universe he started as BB before becoming GB. What should I do for colors on this guy?

SG Goldbug is black and yellow. I don't want to keep the primary color of SG BB a happy sunshine yellow. Should I paint him a beige color? Cliffjumper is usually a recolor of Bumblebee; SG Cliffjumper was kinda purple, red compliments yellow in G1, so would green compliment purple? I don't know if SG Bumblebee would be green or purple. Or maybe a dark blue..? I'm thinking green, but I don't want people to mistake him for 'Slugbug.' I don't remember who's idea Slugbug was, but it was a green Bumblebee with a mean-streak.

Help me out on a color if you can. I plan to use black as the complimentary color.

~Z

The picture is only because it wanted one. At least Soundwave there is from the right universe. Woot.

Attached Files:

2. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Dark blue would be the complement to bright yellow.

3. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Dark blue with black and purple highlights.

Basically Rumble(Frenzy) colors, as the tapes were the minibots' opposite-numbers in the early days.

Or hell, maybe you could paint him in BUZZSAW colors, since that would sort of match the Goldbug theme....

D/L

4. kaindarkstar87

kaindarkstar87 Decepticon Outcast

Just reverse his colors, mainly black with yellow arms/legs
    or a darker blue with yellow arms/legs.

remember Goldbug is a seeker in SG, and was in some part yellow before when he was BB...
    (SG Seekers reversing the normal same body/different colors, instead being same color, black, with different bodies)

5. AutoCon2076

Goldbug is a seeker, aye, but before he was a drifter (loner) or somethin, right? Right now I'm thinking he's going to be dark blue and black. He's not going to look like Glyph though, this is for sure. I've already disassembled the figure; next comes priming. It would have been done already, but I didn't get the idea to do this project until after the store closed. 'least it's open tomorrow, eh?

Thanks for reading.

~Z

6. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    The opposite of yellow is purple because purple is made of the 2 other primary colors (red and blue) I'd say make him purple and white. Replace the black with white and the yellow with purple. I think the white would give him a softer edge (since BB is kind of small and almost wimpy) while purple says evil bad guy

EDIT: Dark blue and black are too similar and they'll make him lose a lot of detail

7. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

I sort of imagine him with inverted Bugbite colors- mostly purple with a little bit of white. He should have red eyes as well.

8. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I havent read that much if te SG storyine, but I'd like to see him in black with yellow detailing. Just seems like a good fir. IDK. I'm sure it will rock whatever you do.

9. AutoCon2076

I was really thinking about making him purple, but SG Cliffjumper already had that color. Most of the people who clicked the poll think he should be blue, and I've no real problem picturing that. I've always seen blue as sort of the opposite of yellow. I know that doesn't really make any sense as far as color chart is concerned, but it's just personal opinion.

I also think I'm gonna give him a soul patch...

~Z

10. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Color doesn't really matter as long as he has a soul patch he's SG to me :thumb 

Seems there isn't much consistancy as far as recipe for SG anyways. Sometimes it's an opposite color scheme like Starscream in Jetfire colors or Cyclonus in Rodimus colors but sometimes you get Jazz in standard colors with evil decals