Seven Minutes of Spider-Man

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by misterd, Mar 6, 2007.

1. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Or should I say Peter Parker?

For those who missed it, NBC aired a painfully brief clip of SM3 during Heroes last night, with the promise of another 7 minutes available at NBC.com for the next 24 hours. Unfortunately, there seemed to be problems getting the download to work.

So for those who didn't know about it or couldn't get it, you probably have another 2 hours or so to do so. I highly recommend going to AICN's thread here:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31776

And downloading it for yourself.

Be warned - it's almost all Peter and MJ, Peter and May, and Peter and Harry. There is but the briefest glimpse of Venom, and it's one we've seen already.

2. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I left it open all night and just cehcked it now. No response. If you are going to make a big deal on something, make sure it'll work.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Downloading it right now, at 478K/sec. Thanks d00d!

4. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I got it last night right after Heroes from NBC.com with no troubles.

5. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That was a huge waste of my time.

6. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    Watched it last night online since I watched Heroes on Sunday. It worked in IE but didn't for Firefox, i just tried again, and it's working for both now. Doesn't take long either.

So... is that all we see of Harry/Green Goblin in the movie? He looked pretty much done after his encounter...

7. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Don't thank me. Thank Harry Knowles.

I think it's decent footage. The fight looks great, and I'm getting a feel for where this might go.

I seriously doubt that this preview is of anything late in the film. Most likely it's at the beginning. Makes sense. In a film like this, the decision to propose either comes at the very beginning, or at the very end.

So here's how I figure it (spoilers only for those who haven't seen what's readily available):

Movie starts out with Peter planning to propose to MJ and getting ambushed by Harry, which results in Harry getting put inthe hospital. Soon after, Sandman escapes, and Peter learns he may have killed Uncle Ben. Peter begins to question his own guilt, and the man who died in his thirst for revenge. Is he really any different than Harry? Has he been blaming the wrong man all along? Peter will somehow make peace with this, but the counterpoint will be Eddie Brock who, for reasons yet unknown, hates Peter (clips have implied some professional jealousy).

That still leaves
    1) Sandman's role as a villain - what's his plan? And did he really do it?
    2) Gwen Stacy's role
    3) The origin of the black suit

8. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The fight was brutal! The movie is so gonna kick ass. Can't wait to see that on the big screen.

9. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I agree with Wreckgar. With my work's cable connection it took a whole lunch hour to get the damned thing to load. Definitely not the best way to show the preview to people who could give a rat's about Heroes.

10. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

I checked it out last night. It was a bit odd when a window popped up saying "It's downloading" yet there was no progress bar. I hope there's a bit more to the Harry/Peter thing than just that..

11. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I sorta did. I went right after Heroes, which was probably a mistake. Clicked the DL button and got the window that said 'Press OK once; wait 5-6 minutes.'

Ten minutes later, still no clip so I go do some other stuff. Maybe half an hour later, the thing pops up interrupting whatever the hell I was doing by then. Sweet clip though. The effects look to have come a looong way since 2002.

12. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tried to watch it last night and it was a jumpy, and freezing mess on my cable connection. Just checked NBC.com again and it's removed. Screw you NBC.

13. butz

butz slippery when wet

The fight looked really cool. One more reason I can't wait for the warmer months to get here.