Settling for less...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by slugslinger2004, Feb 4, 2012.

1. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With Classics (or whatever acronym the fandom calls it now). Going through my collection I can't help but be disappointed with some of these bots. With characters getting updates all the time, which toys would you replace if a new toy with the same (or similar) alt mode was released, 3rd party or otherwise?

My list:

Sunstreaker/ Sideswipe -I hate the shoulder design and Sideswipe's head is just wrong.
    Galvatron -I already been replaced with the Energon toy in my collection but a new one would be welcome.
    Iron Hide -the blue face and the fact it's facing down. Also the random panel lines that break up the vehicle mode.
    Prowl/Silverstreak/Smokescreen -The neck design and the way the doors swing around during transformation. The doors often pop off for me :( 
    Tankor(Octane)- The concept sketch just looked so much better than the toy we actually got.
    Thunderwing - If the Generations toy was voyager sized I wouldn't have any complaints. Someone was offering a conversion kit to change Energon Megatron into Thunderwing on eBay, but a new mold would be great. :) 

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm waiting for a third party to make a different Voyager sized Galvatron toy. I can't stand the official one. Everything else, I'm pretty much fine with.

3. ifightfortheuse

ifightfortheuse Well-Known Member

I don't have a ton of complaints about them. But my list is similar to yours. I would like to see:

Galvatron
    Rodimus
    Ironhide

I doubt these will ever happen. They should work on new characters. I would like voyagers, but do not believe they will build them.

I love the classics line and will look forward to it as long as they keep them coming.

4. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Rodimus Galvatron Starscream. All three need updates bad, whether they end up as new deluxes or as Voyagers I don't care.

Also want to see a new classics 'bee using his camaro design wouldn't be bad imo

5. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

- Prime: standing next to Jazz, Classics Prime just doesn't cut it anymore.
    - Megs: never liked him in bot mode.
    - Jetfire: Too short.
    - Grimlock: Too short.

I think that's it. Everyone else could be modified to my liking.

6. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Every time i hear a Grimlock complaint i get confused-then remember i use MP Grimmy =] i'm ok with most of the present molds, though Megatron can always use a more accurate bot mode

7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Galvatron is one of the obvious ones, but I'd add Optimus and Ultra Magnus. I may be alone on this, but I hate Classics Optimus. And I'm sick of Hasbro not doing a proper Magnus. Robots in Disguise was the last time we had a decent one, who was his own mold and a fair representation of what he's supposed to be.

8. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Galvatron and Magnus too, in hindsight

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I'm surprised we even got those characters at all.

10. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I swear the Grimlock in that pic is the classics version.

11. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    ^ THAT is a nice amalgamation of Transformers! So excited for Shockwave-once the FOC one hits, I'll have the entire cast of G1S1 Cons :D 

12. ifightfortheuse

ifightfortheuse Well-Known Member

I use WFC Megatron and Soundwave for my classics Decepticons. I like the idea that they wouldn't take an Earth mode. FOC Shockwave will fit great.

13. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I would kill for a Third Party group to make a Galvatron upgrade for the Voyager Megatron mold.

And by "kill" I mean "take Universe Galvatron with me to the Golf course, drive the bitch 200 yards into a water hazard and call a Mulligan."

14. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Considering that I got in early and got my CHUG's all at $8-$12 I'm supremely satisfied with what I had. Sure, some molds could be better, I mainly agree with the ones you listed but instead of settling I'll call it waiting. . .

15. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    With some minor modifications, the front side windows will swivel out, allowing the wheels to tuck inside his body, offsetting the slouchy pose.

If i could FIND my Ironhide right now, i'd take a picture.

16. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    agreed on prowl and co. hate that mold

17. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Probably just galvatron. Nothing wrong with the toy. I just see more of a random tank decepticon from it, than a proper galvatron update.

Even when they make new versions of characters I keep all versions. To be topical I had a thought that the upcoming fall of cybertron generations bruticus won't neccesarily replace many collectors fansproject munitioner and explorer enabled bruticus. Because one is cybertron form and the Other is Earth form.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  18. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

While I will agree that we need a proper CHUG Magnus, I have to point out that TFA Magnus fills your criteria there, and he was released long after RID Magnus.

19. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Well, I pick and choose which TFs I buy, and am more than happy to stick TFA, TFP, movies, G1, anything into my Classics-heavy shelf. So I've simply ignored molds I didn't like - Rodimus, the Lambo brothers, Ironhide, Octane, Perceptor.

The only Classics I think I've settled-for-less on is Galvatron, which is purely a size issue; and two of the seeker mold, Skywarp and Ramjet. Ideally, a plane should be at least a voyager compared to a deluxe car.

I've yet to get a Megatron to go in my collection but DOTM voyager and TFA leader got close. Here's hoping for some sort of voyager+ Megatron from any future Classics or Prime.

20. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    magnus was only a repaint of prime they have proven that there willing to re make the characters that where released into exclusive box sets though dierge so i would worry about that use the titanium one if you want something great

the seeker mold is just fine

as for the prowl mold try folding the wings before transforming him and have them pointing towards his roof then comence transformation then when in robot mode unfold them and tuck it behind his back and in front of his back pack this makes the doors much more useable and more g1 sorry i dont have an answer for the turtle neck

as for galvatron he needs a new toy plan and simple saying that with all these cybertronin mods comeing though he is more likely to get the update we disire

as for megatron well have to admit he could be alot better he was from the first classics line they could always make him agian and have him turn into a tank with a more accurte robot mode

and last be least sunstreaker mold well i find the only thing that holds this toy back is the tab that up the top of his shoulders which i have just ignored the rest is great for the fact i have so many ways to transform them in robot mode