Serious disscussion on movie transformations...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by eyeballkid, Jun 7, 2006.

1. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

Okay...so the new robots will look different...how so? A big thing for me is the assumption that the robots should look like what they transform INTO! I.E. If Prime is a semi, will we still see tires, windows, and doors; or will the transformations be so complicated that we won't regognize the vehicle from the robot (like the horrible monster starsceam...?)

Take G1 Optimus, in the new movie his front cab COULD split into 3 parts, so that the allusion of the front part of a semi in his robot mode is no longer regognizable...I don't like that idea...

How will these new robots transform and how will that effect the toys??!!

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I'm worried they may look like what you'd get if your tore an actual car apart, and reshaped it's parts into a human shape.

3. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

Good point... I think that the main idea that they are aliens might lead us to believe that while transforming...they can move parts of there vehicle to other parts of their robot form, which has not been seen regularly in the toys...could be cool ( the idea that transformation has NOTHING to do with engineering, but more 'alien' aspects... (kinda what most humans perceive as magic) BUT..... since Hasbro is in the loop, the toys are not going to be accurate...who knows...

4. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Uh... isn't this the NEWS section? This is only for news items, if you want to discuss recent news find the threat where it was posted to begin with.

5. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    done and done :)  thanks Streck.

Anyways, I think the robot modes will be vastly different than what we have seen so far, they will be very sophisticated and stylized, with cues to the originals, but not over done. I think it will be realistically what it would look like if a jet changed into a robot.

Besides, considering EACH robot model for the CG is costing upwards of $500,000 USD, I KNOW we won't be disapointed :D  :rock  :wink: 

6. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

Sorry for posting in news and rumors...I don't like the 'movie' forum.

7. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    how come? Is there any suggestions you have on improving it?

Although you may not like it, one still has to follow the rules and post where its supposed to be.

8. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

You have the idea that I have, and it could be really cool, but if Hasbro is an investor, how will the toys transform? For example... if Bumblebee is a 2008 Corvette, will the front end split into 6 shapes as opposed to 2 like the toy? Will joints magically appear in the hood to create legs? Are the transformations based on engineering or magic; that's what i'm wondering...

9. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

Reading white on black is annoying, and it hurts my eyes, I simply don't like it.

10. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I think it's still going to be engineering. I just hope it won't be morphing, like with Beast Machines.

11. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i'd like to participate but i am incapable of discussing the movie in a serious manner.

12. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that there is a movie. I tend to expect shellformers the likes of which we have never seen. You will see the parts of a car break up, then piled on his back, exposing a mass of wires and tubes.

13. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

I think the designs will likely come out looking more transtech-ish than anything.

A combination of the car parts being visible, armor plates over wires/metal frame, and exposed innards. All designed to look very sleek and aerodynamic.

I think the biggest change we're going to see is the size of the forearms and lower legs. Transformers have always had larger "calves" and forearms than thighs and upper arms, respectively. In real life, that doesn't work. The weight is too much, it restricts speed and is like wearing ankle and wrist weights when you work out.

I think the limbs of the transformers in this film will likely be more human looking. Perhaps armored, with the armor sticking out, but the actual LEG or ARM itself visible under the armor so you can tell...yeah....i guess he ISN'T popeye.

The arms and legs will probably be more RiD in style than G1.

14. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I should start charging that much for my models. Okay, they might have a tad more skill then I :) 

I'm thinking that we are basically going to have transformations like the Citroen commercial.

G1 cartoon versions were just so very simple. There were never any internal workings of the cars visible.

I agree with RHansen though that most of us probably won't be disapointed.

15. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Or the limbs are going to be more 'beasty', like with what the rumors say about Starscream's animal legs (which COULD work, as long as the lower leg isn't to long and the foot (remember how animal hind legs work) still looks humanish).

16. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

I like the idea of "animalish" legs for screamer.

When I picture that I see something structured like the legs on a minotaur or something to that effect. Like the T-rex legs in jurassic park for another example....

17. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    If it were up to me, I'd just use alternator designs. they look like real cars, even with interiors, and are still 100% recognizable as the TFs we know and love.

18. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    And it would scare the hell out of fleshies a lot sooner then a human body (alright, they'll still be scared, but bear with me here :redface2:  ).

19. Quintesson #1

Quintesson #1 Eater of Fuzzy Stuff

I think Masterpiece or Alternatorish designs would be best. :/ They're instantly recognisable and have the hint of complexity (of course, you can make this look much better with CGI still by adding all the joints and levers and stuff).

However, I expect Citroen commercial style robots, slightly Alternatorish, but fastly more wirey. I'm not sure how the heads will look though. I just hope they don't look like demonic creatures 'just because that looks scary'.

20. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

I've been thinking about the helicopter Transformer (decipticon)...Cyb. Evac is just about perfect. The robot mode of the twin blade helicopter already photographed should be equally impressive. I'm thinking Bumblebee should transform like Alt. Grimlock, maybe Brawl (police car) should to...but maybe I am visualizing the toys too much? I think that IF the computer artists really want alien vehicles to transform on screen, that car parts, such as hoods, should become unregonizable in robot mode. Think of it this way... they are aliens from another planet...Transformations should not be recognizable to us because they are aliens! R.I.D.:D  ; not robots that look like vehicles?!! Could be VERY DIFFERENT ...and very cool! (new!)