Series' as inspiration for TF4?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by supernova222, Apr 17, 2012.

1. supernova222

supernova222 Circle of Light

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i was wondering, since it was mentioned that TF4 was going to be a reboot and not like the previous ones i was thinking

what if one of the TV series is the inspiration for the new movie. it would be a dream come true for me if it was based off of the armada series but the most likely is a tie between G1 and prime. they would both be pretty cool concepts.

2. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey robots turn me on

It kills originality. Why have TF4 if you're just going to do a movie version of another series? You can use certain elements and general mythology concepts, but I'm not fond of taking direct inspiration from what's already been done.

In any case, ROTF and DOTM have plenty of G1 plots already.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Repost:

Make Masterforce the basis for TF4.

4. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    This is sweet.

5. RoadBuster88

RoadBuster88 Studio Ghibli

I liked that whole trailer idea apart from one thing...men in power suits. I can't help but feel it will seem a bit lame, like the suits they use in GI JOE.

6. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    If they're going to take influence from any series, my personal pick would be TFP. I know my 'idea' of what I'm about to describe is basically "Transformers 4: That New CGI Show is So Popular and Well-Made So We're Stealing Stuff", but it's just that they're such great ideas/characters.

Bring in Cliffjumper (Dwayne Johnson), Bulkhead (Michael Clarke Duncan) and have the basic plot revolve around a new terrorist organization (similar to MECH) who has gotten their hands on Decepticon technology (thanks to Megatron's severed head and the last few remaining Decepticons on Earth) and is basically selling anti-Transformer weapons to paranoid civilians (IDW's Revenge of the Decepticons).

New Autobot characters (because the Dino, Sideswipe and the Wreckers would be gone "on separate missions to help guard and protect the planet"), a human threat based on the Decepticons (so it's not just another "ancient macguffin on Earth") and a different story arc than the previous three movies.

My man.

7. Spin-Out

Spin-Out "It's just... Asinine."

Transformers Animated. Having a kid protagonist (Sari) instead of a young adult/teen would hopefully lend itself to a more Spielbergian sense of wonder and not have half the film eaten up by forced romance.

8. toaster

toaster It's Hip to be Square !

Why hasn't that happened yet.

9. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I say just make a brand new plot. There is no harm in reusing story concepts from past series, but they should manipulate them to suit a movie.

I think the plot should be something simple like TF1, and cut out a lot of the human crap. Michael Bay and the writers seriously don't understand how little most of us care about the humans in the movies, and if you try to pull the "it's for the larger audience" crap, I'll rip you a new one. The "larger audience" goes to see these movies for the robots just like we do. They are spectacle films about giant robots beating the crap out of each other, not romance movies. If you try to tell me it's not about the robots, then I'm sorry, we are done here.

Transformers should be about the robots. I have no problem with human allies. It would be creepy as all hell if there was a movie about a war on Earth with absolutely no humans. I think however, the humans in the movies should be reserved to military roles, as the military characters like Lennox and Epps were my favourite human characters in the movie franchise.

I think a focus on the robots as actual characters would really help these movies. Also, if they planned and filmed the next three films in one go, it could make for a more cohesive story, where each movie flows into the next.

I fully support a full on reboot of the movie franchise. You can keep Michael Bay at the helm while still rebooting it at the same time. I say just replace the writers and get Hasbro in here to tell them what hell to do. If I was running Hasbro, I would get on their case about anything remotely offensive in there. That is not what the brand is. Hasbro should keep a tighter leash on these people so we don't get a disgrace of a movie like ROTF.

The movies are wracked with problems that could have been fixed by Hasbro getting up in their grill and saying "No. That is not what our brand is. That is not how Optimus Prime acts. Also, we don't like racial stereotypes. Fix this shit."

Next movie? Follow the damn Aligned continuity. This is the best time for a reboot because Hasbro has this lovely little book of guidelines for writers to follow so they don't make an unsightly blemish in the history of the brand.

10. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

beast wars the live action movie
    maxmials vs predcons

11. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Sounded okay until the -masters part. Then it sounded like fanwank.

12. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I for one really dont care much as i do enjoy the movies for what they are. i would like to see Goldbug replace Bumblebee and would also like to see a movieverse TFP style Ratchet. Hell have him surgically repair Bumblebee into Goldbug in the movie after an awesome battle in the begining of the movie that introduces new characters