sequels/prequels/midquels you wished happened but never did (yet)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Crazy Ramjetty, Jan 4, 2012.

1. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

A Great Star trek: TNG movie. The closest they came to good was First Contact, and that was still pretty meh.

Also would've liked more Tim Burton Batman movies. I actually really liked Returns, I was pretty surprised to find how much disapproval it has.

2. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Doctor Detroit 2 The Wrath of Mom

3. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Possibly a film no one's heard of, but "Mr Brooks" staring Kevin Costner. I thought it was a really interesting film, and designed to be part of a trilogy, that seems sadly may never get made (despite it being fairly successful, cash wise).

4. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I really dug First Contact, easily the best TNG Star Trek movie.

I think the big problem people had with Batman: Returns was that it was too dark, which meant it was almost impossible to market to kids and wasn't kid friendly. So, for the sequel, Warner Brothers booted Burton and Keaton, brought in Joel Schumacher and kidified the entire thing with flashing colours and shit villains.

Personally, I liked Returns, but I didn't like it as much as the original.

I think the problem is that Del Toro as so many projects that he wants to do, that by the time he gets to Hellboy 3, Ron Pelman will too old and in a wheel chair. Also, I think the general public might have forgotten who Hellboy is.

To this day, I wonder why we didn't get the Thrawn Trilogy, a trilogy of novels that has been almost unanimously praised by Stars Wars fans, and instead the got the Prequel Trilogy. If the Thrawn Trilogy had been done in that abominations place, Lucas probably would have had enough money to eradicate poverty.

Anyways, here's what I'd like to see:

A trilogy of Knights of the Old Republic movies- a trilogy of prequels that would work!

Joss Whedon's version of Alien: Resurrection- Here's a link to his first draft: HorrorLair - Alien Resurrection Script Apparently, the climax would have taken place on Earth!

The original version of X-Men 3: Here's a link to an article on Cracked about it: 6 Famously Terrible Movies That Were Almost Awesome | Cracked.com

Incredibles 2

Ratatouille 2

Bugs Life 2

There are probably more, but those are the ones I can think of right now.

5. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I always wanted Alien 4 (before we really got Alien Resurrection) and wanted it to be a movie by James Cameron and starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. That'd be cool! :D  And more Conan movies.

6. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Kung Pow needs it's long awaited sequel.

7. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Perlman is made of pure, solid awesomeness [the guy is on his fifties and can portray GODDAMN HELLBOY, a bulky demon that acts and looks like a 20-years old, one needs badassery to do that], he will be a perfect Hellboy even if he is 140's years old at time of filming.

Also, Ron. Ron never changes.

As for the general public, you got a point there, but the thing is, Del Toro is two steps of becoming a Spielberg-level director these days, he is one of the greatest of our time, his name will always atract public.

And the public didn't know who Hellboy was back in 2004, yet the movie made success, so I don't see a problem here.

That's true [as TVtropes puts it, the movie borders nihilistic at times], but in a way, I think Returns looks very much like a Batman Comic Book, something written by Frank Miller perhaps, with its ridicuously gothic nature and downbeaten victory at the end, it is very Batman-esque [the Gotham, OH GOD, The Gotham! Than was an awesome Gotham City!]

Burton should go back to doing Batman movies after Nolan goes out, just imagine what this guy would do for Scarecrow [with his ghoulish, nightmarish shtick] and Mr.Freeze [I can picture Freeze in the snow in a Burtonesque way, like Edward Scissorhands or something].

8. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Actually I remember a time my Cousin (Who was GOD to me at the time) told me there were two sequels coming out to movies I liked. one to "Honey I shrunk the Kids" where they have a baby and it gets huge. and "Spaceballs 3: The Search for Spaceballs 2" Since one of those actually came out I've always assumed the other was actually planned and reported on at one point.

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Breakin' 3: Electric Boogalo 2 (I kid, I kid!)

I also am waiting for Harold Ramis to do his Groundhog Day prequel, "Asshole Weatherman"

On a serious note, Incredibles 2. Come on Pixar, you owe us after the Cars movies.

10. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Finding Nemo 2

Megamind 2

Kevin Smith's Daredevil 2

A Brother Bear Midquel with the Moose Brothers.

A Lion King Prequel with Mufasa as The Main Hero.

School of Rock 2

11. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

First, I'd like a sequel to Eragon, after all, it did set the ending up for one.

Then, I'd like a prequel to Reign of Fire. I think the rise of the dragons would make for one kick ass movie.

12. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Demolition Man needs a sequel.