sequels/prequels/midquels you wished happened but never did (yet)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Crazy Ramjetty, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

what are some sequels, midquels and prequels you wish happened that never did? for me, Conan the conqueror and ghostbusters 3 are the first to come to mind.

2. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I've always wished for a sequel to Nightmare Before Christmas. Doesn't have to be stop motion. Could be CGI in the same style.

3. Primal1987

Primal1987 Creator Of The OptiBrony

News Credits:
    Most likely alone in this, but an actual sequel to Ang Lee's Hulk.

4. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Jumper
    Hell Boy
    Aliens vs Predators

5. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I wish Batman & Robin had been Dick Grayson's transition to Nightwing and the introduction of Jason Todd instead of that mess we got. Supposedly, if Batman & Robin had been a success, the sequel was going to feature the Scarecrow and Batman was going to have wicked flashbacks of Nicholson's Joker after getting napalmed with Fear Toxin. I would have paid good money to see that.

Me too. Ang Lee said he wanted to do the Grey Hulk in a sequel iirc.

6. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    That...that sounds pretty awesome,honestly

7. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid TFW2005 Supporter

Big Trouble In Little China 2
    Ace Ventura 3
    Beetlejuice 2
    Spaceballs 2
    Another Mad Max movie
    Gremlins 3

8. ironjazz

ironjazz Tie Fighter pilot

News Credits:
    space balls 2 the search for more money but they gave us this instead

gremlins 3
    ghost busters 3
    jumper 2
    daredevil 2
    prince of Persia 2
    hell boy 3
    and pretty much every old james bond film rebooted

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The Adventures of Tintin

Seriously one of the best films of the last year, totally deserves a sequel. The problem is it hasn't made much money in North America and i'm scared it won't get the sequels it should.

10. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:
    ET 2: Invasion

11. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Robocop 4: Frank Miller Strikes Again.

I was also gonna say ID4-2, but looks like ID4-2 & 3 are already in production. :lol  I love it!

12. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - Bangkok 2 Dangerous - The world's greatest hitman returns in this thrilling new sequel. After faking his death at the end of the previous film, Bangkok Dangerous (Nicholas Cage) had been enjoying his retirement in peace. But that peace has been shattered as he must once again take up his guns to face off against his deadliest opponent ever - his mentor, the original Bangkok Dangerous (Pawalit Mongkolpisit)!

- Bangkok Dangerous 3: Why So Dangerous? - At last, the secret origin of Bangkok Dangerous is revealed in this thrilling prequel! Prepare yourself for the journey of a lifetime, as an ordinary young man sets out on the path to become the greatest assassin the world has ever known. Starring Jaden Smith as "young Bangkok Dangerous" and narrated by Nicholas Cage.

- Bangkok Dangerous 4: Let's Get Dangerous - After the events of Bangkok 2 Dangerous, Bangkok Dangerous (Nicholas Cage) is once again the world's pre-eminent hitman and the first choice for any potential job. But being the best there is can put a huge target on your back and now Bangkok Dangerous finds himself under siege by every other contract killer on the planet. Can he fight his way through all of the world's deadliest killers and undercover the truth behind a lethal conspiracy that rises to the top of every government on Earth?

13. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

An Indiana Jones sequel/prequel/midquel that's not Kingdom of the Crystal Skull would have been pretty cool. The Last Starfighter should have sequels that expanded the universe we were introduced to in the first film. A Harry Potter prequel could be really interesting and we could see everything from the beginning of the how Voldemort started the war and also show James and Lily Potter's deaths.

14. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It hasn't been made, but I still find it rather annoying that all these years later, people are still begging and pleading for a 'Back to the Future Part IV.'

At a Q&A a few years ago, co-creator/screenwriter Bob Gale started it off by going, "Let me answer one question before anyone asks it, which is, 'Is there ever going to be a Back to the Future Part IV?'. No."

Supposedly, this illicited groans and moans from the audience. Gale worked against this by saying:

"Well now, wait a minute now. We've all seen, sometimes, where they make one too many sequels, and you say, 'Maybe they shouldn't have done that.' I'm not going to name any names of movies, but you know what they are!

"But more importantly, as I'm sure you all know, Michael J. Fox is not in the best of shape with his Parkinson's. The idea of making another Back to the Future movie without Michael J. Fox... you know, that's like saying, 'I'm going to cook you a steak dinner and I'm going to hold the beef.' You can't do that.

"I'm sure Universal would love it if we were to say to them, 'Hey, let's do another one!' but we don't think we could ever make a fourth one that would live up to how great the first three are, so we're going to leave well enough alone."

15. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Silver-screen sequels to the original Star Wars trilogy. Luke founding a New Order of Jedi, Grand Admiral Thrawn's campaign, the courtship of Princess Leia, the rebirth of the Emperor, the assault on Mon Calamari, the Sun Crusher/Battle of the Maw and all that other great stuff from the Expanded Universe.

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    While there's still the chance of it happening, I'm worried for any Green Lantern sequels that WB will want to make. I think the first one is a really good movie, but I'm not confident that they'll be able to get a sequel out there with how badly received the first one was. I'm trying to remain hopeful...

If it wasn't for the new Superman movie coming out, I would love to see a prequel to the original movies made. Have it set on Krypton before the destruction happening, and basically show what they could have been trying to do to somehow survive the calamity they knew was going to happen. Expand a bit on what was going on, and maybe even work in Zod's trial. Then end it with the sending off of the escape pod. Maybe with the new movie being a complete reboot, they could make a prequel for it...maybe...

That would have been pretty cool, and would have made-up a bit for B&R. Too bad it never had the chance to happen.

17. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

One small note about Hellboy III to the people who are putting here, Del Toro still plans to make it [and he probably will, the guy had the option to direct goddamn Blade 3 and opted for Hellboy, this is one franchise he won't give up for anything in his bloody life], he just intends to finish his projects first, then go for Hellboy III.

As for prequels/sequels/midquels, I was severely disappointed when I learned that the 2010's A-Team wasn't going to get a sequel, that movie kicked ass.

Also, Monster VS Aliens, it was a delightful adventure with excellent jokes and great characters, YET NO SEQUEL. FUCK YOU DREAMWORKS.

Same goes for Mastermind too, great movie, NO SEQUEL. Dreamworks is one cheap son of a duck.

I also wish for Beetlejuice 2 to this day.

18. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Don't worry the sequel will happen it was already confirmed. The book that will be adapted has been chosen, Spielberg is the producer and Jackson will direct it.

We will probably have to wait up until 2014/5 but damn it it will be worth it!

19. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I wanted to see a sequel to The Last Starfighter, but when Robert Preston died a few years after the movie came out, I realized it wasn't worth it.

20. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

this; but i think it'd work better as a series. so they can explore the universe a lot more.

i mean i think the prequel trilogy was made better, thanks to the clone wars series. gave it more time to develop characters. instead of just having them on screen for moments.

you know, the problem the transformers movies ALL share.

"oh cool! it's... oh crap, he's dead. nvm!" :lol