Sequel Leader Toy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Torque, May 22, 2008.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    who do you think are going to be the leader class toys? maybe Starscream? a revived Megatron? a redo of Prime? Soundwave? i know we dont know the characters yet, but any thoughts?

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

well you can bet optimus prime and megatron will be leaderclass, and most likely the one more, who knows maybe even your guys' "blackout" lol.

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I hope it's Starscream, and that they can better engineer it to hide his arms and legs in vehicle mode. I'm not asking for a perfect, seamless F-22 mode, just a little less obvious robot parts.

4. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    Just give me correctly shaped vertical tails and I'll be happy.

5. gonzo23

gonzo23 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    goota be starscream. hes gonna have a bigger role in tf2! hopefully!

6. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

I want a leader Barricade with working police lights, siren sounds and that thingy he did with his front lights...

7. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    Prime and Megatron are a given but I would suspect ether Soundwave or Shockwave get's the next leader class nod.

8. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Please PLEASE Hasbro give us a Leader Starscream and Supreme Blackout! :D 

9. Chaos Sorcerer

Chaos Sorcerer Well-Known Member

Prime's a given. Likely whatever upgraded mode they give him (trailer armor? Allspark upgrade? New body?) or whatever. The other initial wave leader will be Starscream, i bet. I'm guessing that they'll follow typical Hollywood Trilogy Rules and set up for having Allspark upgraded Megatron (as Galvatron?) return at the end of the movie as a teaser for part three, so he might be in the 2nd wave of leader figures, replacing Brawl as the "refresh" toy.

Then you'll get your repainted Prime and Starscream in the next wave. :tongue: 

10. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    I'm really wondering, with the way Hasbro likes to pump out new toys, will the core characters remain unchanged or what? Seeing as how the Premium series makes all the figures as screen accurate as they can, I don't see them just slapping on TF:M2 stickers on these toys that have been coming out for two years now. But yeah, SS for sure and depending on what Soundwave will be

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I would imagine if Starscream's getting a lot of screentime, he'll get the bigger toy. He's a popular character so he'll sell. It would be nice to think Shockwave or Soundwave will be big guys, but outside of the fans, who knows them? Granted, if they have a pivitol role, it might work, but ultimately, they aren't as widely known to non-fans.

So my guess goes to Starscream.

As far as Optimus goes, if he doesn't get an all-new Leader Class toy I'd be very surprised. I can't see him getting a remolded version of his '07 toy, since he's been done a lot already, and Hasbro will probably want to sell something different for the second film. Returning sales and all that.

12. transfan_seek

transfan_seek Well-Known Member

new stuff is always good, the central characters of the first movie will have less of a role.
    in turn we may get all new characters as leader class.

Soundwave?

13. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    A new take on Prime, I guess. More accurate and less gimmicky, I hope.

Would also bet on Starscream, and if the Constructicons are in it, they'll most likely be sold in a leader-priced giftpack.

14. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I suspect a better engineered Prime and Megatron, to make them look closer to the film versions. And if Starscream has a larger role, than I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a leader class as well. I would bet then that Soundwave would more than like get a Voyager. Just because everyone would then ask why he wasn't a leader and hope he gets a leader update in the next film.

15. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

Yes, but remember, there are probably lots of kids that will not have gotten a character the last time 'round. Consider how many versions of the each character HasTak has been able to sell already. Besides, they'll probably be able to make some improvements via remolding that will make people more likely to buy the TF2 version than get an older one off of eBay.

As for TF2 leader class figures, I hope and pray that we get Starscream, and I'm almost certain they'll make a Leader Soundwave. That way they'll be able to sell Deluxe Cassette-Cons that fit inside, or interact with him in a way similar to Voyager Blackout and Deluxe Scorponok.

This line intentionally left blank.

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  16. diablien

diablien Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You guys are insane if you think they'll REDO Leader Optimus and Megatron. They will just reuse that shit and repaint it slightly. My gut tells me Prime will stay the same because then they can not only reuse the toys, but they can reuse the computer models to an extent.

Expect a Trailer upgrade that fits with Prime. Like a super leader set of leader prime plus trailer, be it armor or a base.

Then I also concur about Leader Starscream. He is in need and will most likely be a main character. But man I would prefer he just gets reformatted because I hate his bot mode so much.

I could see Megatron being remolded slightly to be revival megatron or something. He could have the charred chest.

They just spent way too much overhead creating these intricate leader toys not to re-use them as much as possible. Just like we got cybertron and Energon toys in the Movie 1 line, we will get movie 1 toys in the movie 2 line.

17. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Prime and Megatron are obvious choices. Starscream is a strong possiblity, as well. And if they include Grimlock in TF2, he should absolutely be a Leader figure regardless of whatever form he takes. Anything less would be uncivilized. :) 

18. soundwave34

soundwave34 OBSESSED Transformers Fan

I would be content with just a Leader Class Soundwave. I can just imagine it the greatest toy I can think of.

19. mordecai6

mordecai6 Mexi-con

News Credits:
    Megatron most likely will have a new body so that will rock. Prime will possibly do the redeco jazz. While I hope Starscream gets a leader class, I'm betting they'll do it for one of the new characters, maybe Leader Ultra Magnus to even things out?

20. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    soundwave and starscreamer