Sequel Improvements....

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Ceasar121, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Ok, I know there was a thread like this BEFORE the game came out. What improvments should be made for a sequel?

My thoughts: Single player. Make it so you can choose whoever from your faction roster on any level. Its disappointing to only be able to play as Starscream once, and even moreso that I can't have Megs, Soundwave and Starscream together. More puzzles and some aerial dogfights would be great.

Multiplayer: Tons of Improvements here that are needed. First off, classes SHOULD NOT be tied to chassis. I can understand that a tank soldier should have more health than a jet soldier, but being limited to class by chassis is weak. First off, it makes it so that certain classes absolutely dominate (leader and scout), one class is average (soldier) and one is only good as support (scientist). Example... Using a jet, I fly in, bomb two missles on a leader. He activate war cry as I transform, activate drain, see him getting drained, start shooting with the repair ray, and somehow, I still get killed. Tanks are to easy to kill in tank form, weapon loadout is restricted by class, jets escape ability is limited, cloak recharges too quick for scouts, while the scientists abilties (which if they charged as fast as cloak, would give more balence to the class) take FOREVER to charge, save the barrel roll. If they want to limit it still, you should at least give two classes per chassis. Host migration for the love of Primus. Tired of games ending because the host leaves.

I've noticed a vast majority of kill count leaders using Leaders and Scouts. I've cleared whole rooms with a Leader and scout, I mean quadruple kills etc. Tanks, triple kills. Jets doubles are hard to pull. I still need to level up and see if improved shockwave and drain improve the jet as a fighter, but every other class is deadly by level 5.

What suggestions you guys have?

2. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    I concur about character selection.

The next game should allow both for levels, barring the flying levels impossibilities, I see no reason they shouldn't be allowed for some levels. Ditto to unlocked characters, they should be added to the campaigns as a choice.

Co-op I feel would benefit from a doubling up. You can do custome bots you created for multi, or story bots. Story bots would give you the cutscenes, and dialogue from the game though.

Escalation the same, needs all the story bots, and custom bots too.

Melee needs to be swappable in the classes.

More characters, and Unlock character challenges. Really push the amount of characters, and varied chasis, which then expands custom bots even more.

Custom bots need swappable heads. Everything else about the color choices and chasis choices can stay as is.

Communication - PC version needs team based voice, or text chat. Or all chat for DM and escalation.

Everything else added needs to be story centric, whether it's triple changers, gestalts, or otherwise.

Like I still wouldn't mind a gestalt add on pack, based around a third limb mode system. But that'd also work for triple changers too. Either way these are all something missions would revolve around, so that's determined by the story.

Triple changers would be a good addition though with the fliers being unlocked for all levels, and not just stuck to flying specific ones.

3. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

Split screen co-op and multiplayer.

I was playing the game last night and my cousin was hanging out with me and asked if she could play with me. Normally I would jump at the chance for some split screen fun but I had to disappoint.

A large chunk of this game cannot be enjoyed because of this. All I can do now after beating the game is play back through the same story missions. If they truly wanted to borrow from Gears then they should have took a lesson from their co-op.

We ended up playing "Splinter Cell: Conviction" instead in co-op. She was awful at stealth but we had more fun playing that together than her just watching me play WFC. I love the game but c'mon High Moon.

4. Darth Trader

Darth Trader Well-Known Member

I agree with everything above. I am very disappointed that we can't choose our own teams for solo campaign. That will really kill re-play value, imo.I really hope that if they release new maps & Characters in the form of DLC, that we can use ALL the DLC/Pre-order Characters in actual levels on teams of our choice. (HINT HINT Activision!)

5. Dinoman96

Dinoman96 Well-Known Member

Well, how would Optimus and Ironhide make it through the flying levels?

6. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Biggest problems for me are lack of balance, lack of variety of weapons ( we get machine guns and shotguns for the most part, woohoo) and vehicle handling. The vehicles are slow, even in boost mode and they don't handle too well. I'd love to be able to pull off some insane driving stunts and just race around a level.

7. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    most of this stuff can be fixed in a patch though thats the thing well MP wise that is.
    They increase the effectivness of weapons attacking tanks etc etc increase damage decrease damge all tweaks which can be done via a patch.

id o hate how a dumb little scout can destroy a bulking tank in 1 - 2 blows i mean COME ON andthen to kill a scout it takes a rediculous amount of amo to kill them.
    Scientists die way way to fast and the missles just dont get the job done.

i really wish highmoon had a forum..(unless im unaware of one) to post problems!
    stability online is the biggest problem me and friends face.
    lag for one thing...
    multiple Disconnects before actually getting a game...
    people unable to join parties...
    game freezes while loading mp...
    i mean i can keep going on and on this is what happens though when u dont mass beta or demo a game before the game is supposed to come out.

hopefully this stuff gets fixednow rather then in the next game becaue all these fixes like i said can be made via a patch!

8. Orion Paximus Prime

Orion Paximus Prime Banned

i think you guys complaining about class stability just aren't utilizing a class for what it's supposed to be used for *shrug*. I do agree about getting to fill your roster how you want during campaign but I think that should be something you get after you beat the game because otherwise your roster is a game breaker like if you pick Ironhide before you actually catch up to him in the story.

9. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Only real improvement is off-line co-op and multiplayer.

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In-story create your own robot and offline co-op.

ty

11. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would like to have the option to fire weapons from the left hand to right or at the very least looking over my left shoulder. Being limited to one shoulder isn't all that fun and limits how much of the world you can really see.

Limited camera view sort of sucks too. I didn't realize how bad it was until playing escalation mode for the first time yesterday with a few members from these boards. When we bunched up together to support one another, I was punished with a face full of wing—I couldn't see Jack! I couldn't maneuver the camera around the wing to get a better angle or switch shoulder views either. The only solution was to break formation, which limited our plan of attack.

I think more than one player should be able to use the power-up disks at one time, too. When you have seconds to purchase an item and four people running here and there trying to purchase goods before time runs out, someone is going to get screwed each time, as they did during my play through due to limited time.

I don’t know whose idea it was, but limiting colors to factions and limited colors in general sucks! It’ll suck more so, if a color palette is offered as a payable DLC down the road—I won’t be paying for it should that happen.

I’ve only been playing War For Cybertron for a few hours now, so I still have much to see, but at present these are things I’d like to see improved.

12. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Moderator

News Credits:
    Unlimited ammo please. I'm tired of running out and having to search for some to never find it before the next firefight. That and character specific weapons.

13. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lack of ammo in co-op campaign. It still gives ammo based on the single player experience instead of somehow allowing us all to receive ammo.

The decepticon customization color palette is pretty bad. Every color shade basically looks the same after all is said and done. At least the autobot colors look distinct.

14. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    I second character specific weapons. Prime needs his iconic G1 Blaster, which DOES NOT fire like a machine gun. BB needs his little pistol, Starscreams nullrays were NOT bullet spewing sniper rifles and Shockwave's cannon arm should fire out a strong photon beam or something, why the hell does he use hand guns and hit people with his gun arm?

I'm hoping for added character specific weapon packs sometime in the near future.

15. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Dont limit customisation so much.
    Unless you like teal or purple (which I do) you're extremely limited on what you can do with the colours.

Also. Cooldown on Whirlwind and Cloaking needs to be much longer.

16. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    Whirlwind needs to be nerfed in damage and in radius. Tired of getting hit by it from 20 feet away.

17. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Better customization and more even amounts of chassis' for each class and faction. That's about the only big thing I want improved

18. graymer

graymer Well-Known Member

I don't mind chassis being linked to a certain class. To counter this though, I'd like to see a wider variety of chassis available - I'm thinking 5 or so per class, per faction.

Give us a full color wheel to paint our bots in. I'm killing for an opportunity to make a white Autobot, or black Decepticon.

Also, more of the finer details should be customizable, such as heads, armor plates, tires, weapon choices. Character specific weapons would be cool - maybe have an achievement required to unlock this in the campaign?

All in all though, I feel like most of this is nitpicking, while certainly valid. TF:WfC is an absolute blast to play, and an excellent jumpstart for what should be a successful franchise if they handle it the right way.

19. Mr knightmare

Mr knightmare Banned

News Credits:
    - It should last a little longer, I hear people complaining it's too shor. Personaly I don't mind I prefer shorter games.

- I say remove the flying only levels and allow us to choose any character for any chapter. Also allow the player to choose the two AI.

- Bigger variation in enemies and guns.

- Not every level has to be kill everythingproceed further. Again have some more variarety. Maybe a stealh mission with a group of scouts, a puzzle solving level and so on...

- Combiners! Seriously it can work. They can be either boss characters or if you're playing as say Silverbolt it would be awesome to have like a special move that allows you to fuse wiht the other members into a combiner to control. It would be a little harder if you play co-op since only one player will be abe to control the character. Maybe it can have a timer. Like you can stay in combined mode for 2 minutes or something so one layer gets to contorl it for a minut and other agan for a minute.
    Besies who DOESN'T want the boy at HMS to re-design the COnstructicon to bea ll badass!

20. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I agree. I hope they make fixes like Halo did, to address some of the balence issues. Scientist missiles require a direct it. I have literally shot 2 or 3 right at a tank, right by it, and had to high tail it because they shoot at back an the next shot will kill me, or they kill me with one shot. Seems inconsistent to get jet missiles kills, you would think the missiles would have about as much splash damage as the tank. Also, I've been one hit melee'd (without being shot) far to often. The scientist should have got backstab or something to enable them to stand their ground a bit.

That's the problem. In a multiplayer game like this, I can understand having the medic (scientist) be weaker, since he has a health grenade to heal himself and a jet mode. But it's easier to shoot down a plane than for you to take out someone one the ground. All the other classes are able to be used in combat effectively, but the jet class require perfect aim, perfect timing and perfect skill to use in combat. No class shouldn't be able to stand it's ground... the jet has the lowest health AND is least likely to be able to escape when health is low, due to their slow Transformation, and it takes a half a second longer to start moving than most other vehicles... soon as you start transforming as the other chassis, you can start moving away. The jets hang in the air for half a second before taking off.

What I'm saying is that the classes are little too unbalenced. To counter not having as much health, the scout has cloak and backstab. To counter not being fast, soldiers have heavy fire power. Leaders have WarCry (which sometimes makes them way too unstoppable). Scientists... are weak, have weak standard weapons, they have no counter to their weakness. If you took WarCry, Cloak and Whirlwind from the other classes, they'd still be powerful. Scientists have a super slow recharge time for their combat abilities (which is the only thing that gives them a chance) other than the health recharge, there's no reason to use them. Hell, if you could start them with and extra bar of energon, the hover ability, the null ray, something, they'd balence the combat out more.