Seperate Super-God Master Force DVD coming

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ioz, Feb 10, 2012.

1. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Masterforce is painful to watch dubbed, not sure I can do subtitles only. But, if your a G1 fan this is hard to pass up. Oddly GI Joe series 2 is somewhat better.

2. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

Thats a bit of a misconception about CMF. The Transectors arent piloted as much as the human becoming the robot. Its kind of hard to explain.

3. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you Shout Factory!

Bought!

4. Roller

Roller Keep on rollin'! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Any news on if the Japenese trilogy collection from Shout Factory will be sold at retail (Amazon)?

5. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    God what I would give for a Minerva to be re-released

I know the english dubs are aweful, but they are still my prefered way of watching these.

Animation is wonderful on these series. so nice to see these characters animated

6. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Hmmm being labeled a G1 purist I was warned about Headmasters being goofy at best. Not saying that G1 was perfect. But we're talking an entire change in premise basically. And the few clips I've seen on youtube didn't sway my judgement any.

So it's not likely that this New Masterforce box set will change my mind either.

PASS! PASS! PASS!!!

Give us a new re-amped G1 direct to video show Hasbro! We know you're listening.......Hell you could even base it off of the new IDW stuff!

7. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    do want

8. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shame your missing a great series. The second half of masterforce has some great character development, the decepticons win just as much as the autobots and are a real threat! (they destroy a whole city in one episode!)

It's got tons of action also and is pretty good. Yes it not like any other transformers show but it's still good. You need to check out a few later episodes on youtube .

9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dunno, maybe it was just because of the horrible dubbing then that didn't explain it correctly(it has been 10 years since I've seen it). Regardless, I prefer my Transformers to be Cybertronians, not humans, but that's just my take on it. There's lots of folks who love Masterforce so I'm glad they'll be able to get this.

10. RavageBeak1000

RavageBeak1000 Well-Known Member

At this rate and at $22 per set...$66 individually is better than the $90 so far the Shout Factory 3 pack set is fetching...

11. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

So your not a fan of how they threw Optimus under the bus they put Rodimus, Kup, and Blurr on.

12. Kid_Convoy

Kid_Convoy Femme Killa

I am very happy that this is still happening. Since we had not heard anything from Shout! for awhile, I thought my "Headmasters" collection would stand alone. Even thought about trying my luck at getting the Takara 3 series box-set.

Perhaps "Victory" will come out over the Holiday season? Btw, think "Zone" may come as an extra in the "Victory" set?

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Indeed. I was so set to dislike this series during the first handful of episodes because of those damn kids, but it very quickly got off them as the main characters and stuff was happening that even made me enjoy episodes they and the other human partners were in.
    It's a very different set-up for a Transformers show, sure, and I can see why some people wouldn't like it, but I came away from the series at the end a fan of it.

14. Ioz

Ioz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Doubtful. I don't see them paying any extra fees to acquire it. The discs will likely be exactly the same as the ones that were in the complete collection set.

15. Kenucme

Kenucme Yes, I'd get that one too

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Package art for Shout Factory Super-God Master Force

Got this in my email a short bit ago. TVonDVD reveals the artwork for the DVD set:

Transformers: Chôjin Master Force DVD news: Box Art for Transformers: Chôjin Master Force - The Japanese Collection | TVShowsOnDVD.com

This ties in to the previous thread posted concerning Masterforce getting its own individual release. Feel free to merge this into that thread if necessary.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...perate-super-god-master-force-dvd-coming.html

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  16. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

So they are coming out with an individual release of Masterforce? Sweet! I hope that they'll do the same for Victory later on in the year.

17. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Sweet! Do want! And I sure hope that Victory will also get an individual release, as I'd rather not pay big bucks for the complete Japanese collection since I already got the individual Headmasters set.

18. Ioz

Ioz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  19. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is that Guido's art?

20. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Technically, we've already seen the cover art for Masterforce -- and Victory, if they release that separately as well -- as part of the trilogy box set, which were just the 3 individual series sets stuck in a box.

I liked the Headmasters cover art, but I have to admit using the same theme and general layout for Masterforce and Victory made their covers come out looking a little dull. You can see all three here:

Transformers: The Japanese Collection (Headmasters, Super-God Masterforce, Victory) DVD set - YouTube

Hopefully, this is with the already fixed Masterforce disc, although from the tvondvd.com picture, it looks like Masterforce retains the mistaken subtitle "The Headmasters" in Japanese at the bottom of the cover. Maybe they thought it said "Transformers". Whoops.