Sentinel's Plan in DOTM...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by xxtomboxx, Jul 13, 2011.

1. xxtomboxx

xxtomboxx New Member

When Dylan told Carly that Sentinel's plan was to bring Cybertron into Earth's atmosphere, did anyone else get the feeling that he trying to say that Cyberton would soon become Earth? Like, would Cybertron have transformed and engulfed Earth if the space bridge were kept open?

At first, I just thought it meant that Cybertron would be really, really close to Earth and part of it would be in our atmostpehre, but if you watch the scenes where it's coming through the bridge, there's no way it would fit in the space between earth and the portal. Cybertron would have smashed into Earth well before the entire planet came through the bridge.

Anyway, I had a problem with Sentinel's plan of simply bringing Cybertron to Earth (where's the threat? It obviously didn't affect Earth's gravity or cause earthquakes and tsunamis, so who cares if they succeeded?) and I think it would have been really cool and much more effective if the plan was to transform Earth into a new Cybertron. I think the idea is there, but the film makers didn't make it clear enough.

I think all they needed to do to hammer that plot point home would be to show Cybertron slowly transforming as it got closer to Earth. It would have been awesome to see the honeycomb structure of the planet start to shift and open up almost like a giant mouth about to swallow Earth.

I guess I'll have to use my imagination. haha.

2. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Sentinel Prime said the Space Bridge violated the laws of physics in DOTM.

Here is the thing you have to pay attention to ROTF with Sam's rant.

Basically Sam ranted citing Sentinel Prime that mass-energy equivalence only applies to this dimension not the others that Sentinel discovered.

We've seen this actually happen with the Allspark in TF1 with its inexplicable mass shifting.

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Man they were really setting up the movie while filming the previous one.

4. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    I'm not sure if they were thinking that far ahead. Sentinel was going to be called Ultra Magnus in the original DotM script. Link They may have changed his name in order to make a reference that to line.