Sentinel was the Ark’s only survivor?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, Feb 21, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I find that hard to believe. The way the ship was gunned down, it took out part of the jet engines and disabled it, sending it floating into space for who-knows-how-long until it crashed on Earth. With how long-lived the Transformers are (they were around before the war, the Seekers and the Primes were around before the main Autobots and Decepticons were hatchlings), it stands to reason that some of them must have been alive in the Ark.

But I think I can see an answer. Note that in the meeting with the Russian cosmonauts they produced photos showing pillars and Decepticons and stuff. I think it’s fair to say that when the Ark was tracked to the Moon, the Decepticons who arrived on Earth with Soundwave at the time raided the ship, killed all survivors aboard (except for Sentinel, who was in the crash vault) and took the pillars with them. Sentinel must have been aware of what was going on, but couldn’t do anything as:
    1 His energon levels were falling
    2 No way he’d reveal himself to the Decepticons without Megatron to vouch for him.

Does it sound right to you? Does the answer fit the question?

2. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He was locked away as ratchet stated in a sort of crash position so he would be alright

3. FeelingLuckyPnk

FeelingLuckyPnk Decepticon Punks!

Quite possible.

4. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

Sounds plausible. The ship was still on before it crashed so I'm sure there were a few of the crew who were alive or half-alive.

5. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Makes sense that the Decepticons killed whoever was left alive after the crash

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Your explaination sounds logical...up until the whole "Sentinel was okay because he was in the crash vault" thing. I'm pretty sure that would have been the FIRST place the Decepticons would have looked for Spacebridge parts. Megatron must have left orders or something for his troops to get the pillars, kill any other Autobots, and leave Sentinel as the only survivor.

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I think it's more likely that the Autobots outside the crash vault (and who may not have been as hardy as sentinel) either died from their injuries or starved to death.

Soundwave and Starscream would have likely told Megatron about the Ark after his ressurrection, and they would have likely gutted it for parts, munitions, and Sentinel before DOTM.

8. FeelingLuckyPnk

It was Soundwave that killed everyone. He didn't take any prisoners at that time, just trophies :) 

9. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Sentinel survived the crash because he was already in the crash vault.

Anyone who wasn't in there or dead already died in the crash.

Seems pretty straightforward.

:) 

10. adamid4

adamid4 Well-Known Member

I argued this very thing that the crash seemed like an unlikely cause of death and its up for speculation and interpretation.

Tfwiki, timeline says in one place the blast that disabled the Ark knocked all of them into a stasis lock, then further down says the crash killed all on board.

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    They only had room for one more on the return voyage.

12. Stockade187

Stockade187 Decepticon Junkie

Sentinel & Megatron were the only ones who knew of the deal so I think Sentinel survived because he was in the vault. The other autobots either died in the crash or by the hands of the Decepticons when they raided the Ark. I assume they didn't know of the vault because they would've loved to kill a prime while he's sleeping.
    I always wondered why Sentinel was the only one they rescued because the matrix could revive the whole crew......maybe they only had seats for 3 haha kind of f@#ked up though

13. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that any survivors may have been killed by the decepticons who raided the ship and took all the other pillars.

14. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Not necesserily. Remember the Decepticons raided the pillars in a way that made it look like they hadn't been there, as part of Megatron's overly complex "Trick Optimus into thinking we're trying to get to the Ark so he gets Sentinel and revives him, but then realizes we tricked him so he rushes Sentinel to the base" plan.

15. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

I believe that Sentinel Prime killed them before they ever reached the moon. If not, we all know that the Autobots would have put up a fight, not been seen dead in their seats inside the Ark.

It's entirely plausible that he murdered all of them while they were attempting to flee Cybertron, while the seekers fired on their ship.

16. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

If Megs and Optimus can be revived, why cant the other autobots on the Ark?

17. FeelingLuckyPnk

Because generibots/genericons are not important.

18. rook

rook Well-Known Member

why can't jazz or jetfire be revived? hmm....

Also, similar old thread for giggles.

19. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Seriously... Seriously?

You're going to ask whether or not a Leonard Nimoy voiced Sentinel Prime was the only survivor of the fucking Ark?

It's pretty obvious he totally beat the shit out of his entire crew, cannibalized them, and then went into a deep sleep after the shit ruining he gave to everyone...

20. Archaea

Archaea Autobot Archeaologist

IM gonna go with, because the storyline called for it?