Sentinel Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Sentinel Prime1, Nov 2, 2011.

?

Sentinel Prime spotlight

1. yes

19 vote(s)
    65.5%
  2. no

10 vote(s)
    34.5%
  1. Sentinel Prime1

Sentinel Prime1 Active Member

Who would like to see IDW do a Sentinel Prime spotlight or mini series?

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I'd rather see Hasbro do a toy. We saw enough about IDW Sentinel in Megatron: Origins

3. Sentinel Prime1

Does Hasbro do comic specific toys? I think I remember seeing a War Within Grimlock but I'm not sure.

4. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Hasbro has, and yes there was a War Within Grimlock, as well as a War Within Thundercracker,Starscream,Megatron, Prowl, Optimus Prime.

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Not to mention Generations Drift and Straxus

6. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I knew I forgot a few:thumbs2: 

7. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    having a toy does stop them being comic only though...

8. Thunderthruster

Thunderthruster Autobot Supersoldier

News Credits:
    Agreed, I don't think we need a Sentinel Prime spotlight!

9. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

What is left of Sentinel's story to tell?

10. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

I don't know. I could really dig a Spotlight on Sentinel Prime bringing in huge slabs of the TFA version's arrogance and idiocy, and the movie version's (spoiler) y'know... (spoiler).

I'm all for light-hearted cross-pollination of the generations.

11. Sentinel Prime1

He wasn't dead at the end of Megatron Origins. Alex Milne has stated that in interviews, so there is more story post fall of Kaon that we haven't seen. Supposedly he and Megatron were adversaries for quite some time. Prior to him being Prime, we know he was head of Senate security but all we have seen is snippets, so there is quite a lot to tell.

He gets a bad rap for the brevity of their battle but Sentinel was impressive considering he didn't understand how serious the threat was. I am sure he learned from it and future engagements under his command were quite different. Sentinel Prime looses but it certainly wasn't one sided. In fact Sentinel was pretty much unfazed for most of it. From what I read and saw this is how the fight between sentinel and Megatron played out.

SP fires on Megatron and apparently destroying Megs guns. (Megs's arm mounted weapons are both destroyed as pieces of them are seen lying in the blast crater.) Megs has however survived and snuck off.

Megs sneaks up alongside SP and throws the body of Hound at SP destroying part of the Apex armor. Megs then jumps down onto SP tearing at the chest piece of the Apex.

Megs then punches SP knocking him out of the Apex. We then see Megs shooting a blast at SPshowing impact, apparent explosion of some part of Apex and SP being knocked back which is continued in the next panel.

SP and Megs approach each other and Megs punches hitting SP but showing no effect as SP reaches down and picks Megs above his head and slams Megs into the ground. Megs counters by sweeping SP's leg knocking SP onto his back.

Megs standing above SP is about to hit SP again but is knocked back by the open palm blow of SP knocking Megs back over the edge of whatever tower they are fighting on.

Still preaching away SP approaches the edge looking down on Megs who is hanging onto the edge by one hand. SP grabs Megs by the throat and lifts him up, Megs then grabs a hold of SP and pulls SP over the edge.

Megs twists so that SP is below him using him as a cushion as the impact the ground below. Finally SP is damaged to the point of helplessness Megs then proceeds to beat SP to near death.

Points to be noted to all those who think that the fight was pretty much one sided to Megatron that is ;

1. Sentinel Prime is actually pretty much undamaged until the fall.

2. None of Megatron's blows seem to do anything of any concern to Sentinel Prime

3. Sentinel Prime is never on the attack after being removed from Apex and just hits only in defense pretty much tossing Megatron about like he was nothing.

4. Sentinel Prime seems to lose only because he is so sure of himself, letting down his guard. Clearly he is much more powerful then Megatron and sees Megatron as nothing more then a thug.

Given this and his survival according to the creators it would be interesting to see how SP recovered from this defeat. Surely, he would a bruised ego and a desire to redeem himself. It would be neat to see the rest of the IDW history up to Optimus being Prime. Would Sentinel become more cunning to deal with an adversary like Megatron or would he keep making the same mistakes and stay with the wade in, head on approach. I've seen some speculated timelines that SP was Prime for the first 500,000 years of the War. I think there is a lot more fleshing out of the Cybertroinian History for IDW and certainly prior Prime back stories to be told. SP story was left unfinished at the end of Megatron Origins and it would be cool to see the rest of it.

12. G1Prowl

Wow, that's a totally unbiased overview. Do you have, oh, I don't know, reference points where I can see this for myself? I read somewhere (in a fanfic) where Roadhandler took down unicron with a Cesium toothpick.

13. Sentinel Prime1

That was a panel by panel account from Megatron Origins #4. If I had scans, I would post them.

14. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see a reason not to.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yeah i like the idea of a Sentinel Spotlight.

With DOTM and TFA, he's became exposed to the public, might as well in G1.

16. G1Prowl

Sweet, will have to find that.

17. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I love his line when he first meets Megatron.

"So you're Megatron. I thought you'd be bigger!"

I'd definitely buy a SP Spotlight. Always glad to see any Prime aside from the annoyingly overrated and overused Optimus. Rodimus was my favourite TF as a kid.

18. Sentinel Prime1

I don't want to take anything away from Optimus. Given the bleak outlook of the outnumbered, out resourced Autobots for such a long period of time, I don't know that anyone else could have held them together. His virtue definitely inspired a "buy in" to the cause of those he led.

I liked that line to Megatron too. SP was cool because he was the classic "big, strong, harda$$" but his character had substance. His personality was a little Grimlock in that he had a tendency to wade straight in guns blazing but he also had some of Ultra Magnus's salty soldier personality traits as well. His speech at Fastback and Bumber's funeral was a good one and had an inspiring quality to it. Not so much a freedom is the right of all sentient beings type speech but a rev the engines, get fired up type of speech.

I liked Rodimus too when I was a kid and I think he will always be a favorite.

19. Grandus Prime

Grandus Prime Well-Known Member

This would be great.