Sentinel Prime -

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Rumblebee7, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Rumblebee7

Rumblebee7 Cassete Player

Just wondering.. was i the only one leaning on Sentinel Prime's side? Returning Cybertron back to its former glory .

' You could never make the hard decisions , OUR planet will survive '

2. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Does he have an Allspark cube or a gazilion tons of Energon to go with that?

No its still dead.

The Matrix? He gave it back.

3. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

I felt sorry for him when Optimus brutally executed him. I can understand why though, but I thought Optimus stood by 'Freedom is the right of all sentient beings'. Guess not.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS, BRO!

4. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

also to any other cybertronian optimus is the traitor (putting another race's planet before yours is evil and unnecessary

5. Rumblebee7

Rumblebee7 Cassete Player

It felt weird when Optimus kept saying Earth was their home now. TRAITER EXECUTE HIM

6. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i figure optimus figures that when Sentinel tried to enslave millions of people, robbing them of the freedom they had a right to, that he himself forfeited that right.

7. AximusPrime

AximusPrime Well-Known Member

One thing has absolutely nothing to do with the other. If you want to pull the "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" card, look at it from the perspective that Sentinel Prime was perfectly fine with enslaving an entire race as well as standing by and watching the Decepticons slaughter masses of humans right in front of him. That, and the countless Autobots, of which he was one himself, which were killed for this purpose, one of whom he slaughtered himself. Sentinel Prime was infringing upon humanity's right to freedom. If we want to twist someone's words to justify things, how about Sentinel Prime's "The needs of the many far outweigh the needs of the few"? Well, in that case the need of an entire race far outweighs the need of one turncoat who didn't have enough faith in his own people and allowed them to be killed off.

8. Starscreamer69

Yeah, you're probably right. He also killed Ironhide, his BFF, so Optimus had every right to be all, "BITCH YOU DIE NAO".

9. Starscreamer69

Alright, chill mate.

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's because Optimus fell in love with a native.

Actually, that just goes to show that this movie had more substance than the previous.

11. a.g.e.1

a.g.e.1 Autobots....Roll Out!!!

Sentinel deserved to die for what he did to Ironhide.

12. AximusPrime

AximusPrime Well-Known Member

Cybertron was already a dead planet. It's downright morally bankrupt to believe it's okay to enslave/slaughter another race. Also, the Primes in ROTF did not believe in draining the Suns of inhabited planets, so Optimus would not be considered a traitor.

13. PrimeFlo17

PrimeFlo17 Tunes

News Credits:
    You're not the only one OP. I felt kinda sorry for him, since he had the right intentions, he was just doing it the wrong way. Shame Optimus off'ed him. :[

14. Starscreamer69

:lol .

I acknowledge that, I just felt like my opinion was being jumped on was all. His post came across as a tad angry, to me at least. Butyeah, it's great that things like this can be discussed because the movie is open for different interpretations.

And by no means am I saying Sentinel didn't deserve to die, I'm saying saying I felt a tad sorry for the bloke while he was begging to Optimus.

15. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Agreed. If someone killed my best and oldest friend for no reason like that, I'd mercilessly kill him as well.

16. jle1076

jle1076 Well-Known Member

Sentinels Phrase: "The needs of many outweigh the needs of the few" made no sense becasue he was going to enslave 6 billion living sentient beings and destroy their planet just to rebuild his own, with MUCH LESS than 6 billion inhabitants

17. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

^By rebuilding Cybertron, they would [supposedly] re-create the TF society, that is certainly composed of more than 6 Bilion individuals [judging by the size of the planet...]

18. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Yes, everyone should have the right to choose for themselves and make their own decision... it does not say however that they can get escape the consequences of making a bad decision.

19. jle1076

jle1076 Well-Known Member

Yeah but he cant say that when the "need" is coming from a party of less than the "few" lol it doesnt work like that. Thats like calling the color green blue, because eventually some yellow will be there

20. Phil

Phil Well-Known Member

As a human, I tend to side with whichever faction doesn't want to turn us in to slave labor and then kill us to death.