Sentinel Prime Rosenbauer form on the moon and N4500X

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by imranbecks, Jul 6, 2011.

1. imranbecks

imranbecks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've seen DOTM twice so far, and on my second viewing, I noticed certain details I didn't see the first time around.. One of which I'm particularly bothered with is the fact that Sentinel Prime's Rosenbauer fire truck form can be seen on him even though he is unconscious all these while since 1961 on the moon.... Very obvious during the scene when Prime and Ratchet flew to the moon to retrieve Sentinel Prime. Hmmm... The Rosenbauer fire truck wasn't around yet in 1961, furthermore, he's on the moon, how did he even scan the fire truck????

And the jet plane used by the director of national intelligence was N4500X, this is in fact Michael Bay's personal jet... Or is it just a normal jet with Michael Bay's same tail number pasted on purpose onto the plane?

2. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

This has been asked so many times now! If you look at his body he doesn't have all the details from the dire truck (wheels, decals etc.). He just happens to be a red Transformers as well. There's even a fire truck in the hanger that he must have scanned off screen.

You just answered your own question. It's a nod to Blackout from TF1 and it's Bays personal plane.

3. imranbecks

imranbecks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But the windows of the fire truck as well as the markings on the fire truck are clearly visible on his chest and other areas when he is on the moon as well as during the scene when Optimus was reviving him in the hangar... He couldn't have scanned a fire truck when he was unconscious either. Also, he doesn't appear to be in the same proto form like all the other Autobots when they first arrived on Earth. Even the decepticons that would arrive later on in the movie in washington had to do some trans scanning...

4. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

Probably just another continuity error then.

5. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    To be fair, we've only really seen Decepticon Protoforms.

All the Autobot ones from the first movie were barely visible, and were their transition/space flight/asteroid modes. Sentinel actually still had a Cybertronian vehicle mode, like Megatron. All the Decepticon ones seem to have been their normal Cybertronian forms, minus the few who decided to scan an Earth Mode.

So for all we know, Sentinel was red and looked like that on Cybertron. Just minus all the firetruck parts.

6. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe its another G1 reference.

After the Autobot ship crashed, the Autobots and Decepticons were dormant until Teletran 1 sent out an exploratory probe that scanned new forms for them.

Whose to say Ratchet or Que didn't have some gizmo like that, and used it on Sentinel?

7. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

TF1 Protoform on the left, DOTM Protoform on the right.

Autobots

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Decepticons
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. optimus124

optimus124 PSN ID - OPTIMUS124

Ebay:
    Easy answer about Sentinel - Instead of creating a totally different render, just removed the markings and the more recognizable fire truck parts. VOILA - Cybertronian Sentinel Prime