Sentinel Prime Price

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SquirtleSquad7, Mar 25, 2012.

1. SquirtleSquad7

SquirtleSquad7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want the Leader Class Sentinel Prime, but I'm not exactly willing to pay $45 for it. Do you guys think it'll go on clearance, maybe down to 30? Or should I just suck it up and pay the 45?

2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

$45 doesn't sound like a bad price to me, so I say you should pay that price. It's going to be hard to tell if he will get marked down to $30 or so, and if he does get marked down, if he will still be on the shelves at that price or not.

Believe me, there have been times in the past that I've been meaning to buy some Leader class figures -- like ROTF Leader Jetfire and Animated Leader Megatron -- that eventually got put onto clearance and by the time I came back to buy them, they were gone.

So to prevent yourself from being disappointed that you didn't buy Leader Sentinel Prime when you had the chance, I say just go ahead and buy him now.

3. justamaze

justamaze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Recently I saw the DOTM Leaders for 35 dollars at Walmart, but they only had one Bumblebee. I almost bought it, to exchange for a Sentinal, but ended up passing because I already have both still sealed up. Good luck finding one. You may miss out completely and end up paying 60+ dollars later online.

4. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    aside from the fact that i can't stand sentinel, he's a really good leader class figure. i say he's worth 40-45

5. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Don't pay $45 for it. It's one of the very few figures I've bought that I regret. It's worth maybe $20.

As for waiting on clearance, if you have an epic amount of them in your area at Targets then I suspect you'll see them marked down to the $30 or so range. If there's a bunch at Walmart, your mileage may vary. Some stores clearance stuff properly and others don't. And don't even bother checking TRU for clearance.

6. Cortexitron

Cortexitron Alternate Reality Patrol

I think it really comes down to how much do you want to gamble on $15. It sounds like you want one, and now its just a matter of how much to spend on it. As you can see from the posts here, some people swear by the figure while others swear at it. I myself think it's a good figure, but I paid $49 for it the day it came out. If you can find one for $45, I'd say get it. Chances are it'll be gone as soon as it hits a clearance price.

7. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Leaders are 60 in Canada, but they normally go on sale for like 40% once a year somewhere, and since this stuff always shelfwarms until Christmas, it's worth waiting for a sale. Granted, Sentinel's the one leader that'll probably go before the rest (most of the leader overstock where I live is just Bumblebee), so maybe a 25-30% sale's good enough if you're anxious. At this point, I'm really regretting not picking it up for 30 last year when I could have, especially since I believe I decided against by a rather narrow margin.

8. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd get him for a reasonable price now, while you can.

Movie leaders have been showing a very odd tendency in sneaking up in value after they're off the retail market....

of course DOTM leader bumblebee will likely be the exception :lol 

9. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I laughed.

10. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    DOTM leaders were getting clearanced in our local HEBs this last week for $10

11. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Well see, even when it doesn't happen to this extent, it's posts like this that help me hold off.

12. amp888

amp888 Member

I might be laughed at for saying this, but I say get the Voyager Sentinel instead. To me, the Leader Version looked a little unstable since his legs were hollow. If you already have the Voyager, snag the next Leader Sentinel you see, regardless of price. Otherwise, you'll miss out and regret it.

13. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    I think the Voyager is pretty nice too, and to be honest, the colour is arguably a more favorable shade because it's a stronger red in some parts (the painted ones especially), and from the ones I've seen in person, this is also the case over all, even just slightly. It might have just been the lighting, but eh. Along with that, Leaders in general can tend to take too much space & sort of demand their own attention instead of being easy to work into existing displays, and the fake chest really isn't that bad. It just doesn't strike me as being the complete package for the character, and almost looks like a knock off at times. Then when I look at pics of em side by side, the Leader really wins me back over.

14. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Id start checking Walmarts near you. Mine has a crap ton of leader Sentinels and BBs marked down to $30 right now. Im holding out for $20 for BB.

15. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    THIS.

Its one of the best leaders, and looks great...its fun...Get it. I have not seen a Sprime in awhile. nothin but leader bees and iron hides.