"Sentinel Prime Expedition"

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Leadfoot, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

In ROTF, there is a clear mention of Sentinel Prime. But what I just noticed was that it was in the context of the phrase "Sentinel Prime Expedition". Sam was talking about a mile a second, so I couldn't make out the vast majority of what he was saying. This was in his classroom mental breakdown. All I can decipher is that it is a theory of energon, something to do with interdimensional energy harnassing, involving the physics of our universe as defined by Einstein, blah blah. But what interests me is the word "expedition" - that, and several other snippets of information we have received.

1. The guard and other sources claim that the big firetruck is Sentinel Prime.

2. The Q/Wheeljack character, presumably, has a face modeled directly on Einstein - could this be some sort of deliberate allusion on the part of the character, perhaps a form of honoring Einstein?

3. These ramblings about the need for/creation of energon, present in ROTF and likely to be a subject in TF3, include allusions to both Einstein and the Sentinel Prime Expedition.

If the firetruck really is Sentinel Prime, then we can establish continuity between this and ROTF, even if it was just a blurb from Sam. Could it be that the Sentinel Prime Expedition discovered a method for creating energon, and that this expedition includes Wheeljack as its scientist, Sentinel as its leader, Hot Rod as its enforcer? Just a thought.

2. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

TF-3's involves the space race and JFK from what we've heard. I already made a theory that something involved with the Sentinel Prime Expedition landed on the moon. Maybe a ship.

3. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
    Probably the plot macguffin. Maybe the Key to Vector Sigma (or Cyber Key) which can open an inter-dimensional portal to massive source of energy. The Decepticons can use it to harvest an unlimited source of Energon or the Autobots could use it to revive Cybertron, thus allowing them to leave Earth in keeping with the "Autobots, Go Home" campaign and "end" the trilogy.

4. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

This should have a spoiler warning.

5. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

How? There is no definite information. Just speculation. If you don't want to hear anything about TF3 don't browse this forum and complain about it.

6. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

I think if it was in the other movie it technically isn't a
    spoiler.

7. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

I wouldn't really search it that far. Bay doesn't either.

8. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

Even assuming that name rumor turns out to be legit, I seriously doubt that they put any sort of thought into it at all, continuity wise...

(Especially considering that TF3 is being written by entirely different people than ROTF was.)

9. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Not true, Ehren Krueger was co-writer on ROTF and wrote TF3.

10. chapsy

chapsy Resident Brony

cool theory. I like it.
    Seems plausible, but can't be too sure at this point haha.

11. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

Oh... :confused2 

Eh, point stands. I don't think it'll be anything more than a coincidence born from a random name-drop.

12. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    This makes sence thats WHY it won't show up in TF3

13. Jolt Customs

Jolt Customs Seacon

its not sentenial prime because in ROTF it was stated that Optimus was the last prime

14. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Unless Sentinel Prime popped thry a portal, making everyone think that he was gone. Then Optimus would be the last Prime... until Sentinel re-appeared for TF3.

15. Jolt Customs

Jolt Customs Seacon

Ok i dont see Bay doing that ^

16. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

Oh and what makes you think that Bay actually gives a fuck?

17. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    2 running fan theories so far that would lead to explaining Sentinel Prime in TF3 if he does indeed show up as the Airport Firetruck:

• Sentinel being thrown in one of the other 17 dimensions lost in time & space mentioned in Sam's rambling in his College Physics Class while having an Allspark Knowledge Flash then somehow ending up on the moon or earth in TF3

this 2nd theory is taken from RedWolf:

• Since it is said TF3 has something to do with the space race what if it also includes the Transformer's own space programs? Forgotten by the Autobots. Maybe there were two exploratory programs. One includes the Seven Primes quest for Energon. The other well is the Sentinel Prime expedition, a science mission. In theory the Nemesis is the ship that carried the Fallen and his fellow Primes. Another theory, there is another ship, let's call this the Ark, led by a Sentinel Prime. Something to do with this expedition is detected by Earth scientists leading to the race for the moon.

well, if The Ark is what is on the moon & the cause of the whole space race plot, then if it was completely out of power/energon & if TFs are on it as well they would be in stasis-lock which means when the Autobots & Decepticons arrived on Earth, Megatron crashing into Earth after detecting the Allspark/flying back past the moon to the Nemesis, & even when The Fallen arrived on Earth none of them would have detected anything on the moon at all cause of this ala similar to Jetfire & the other Seekers on Earth unless they were really looking for whatever it could be they wouldn't really give it second thought. remember Simmons did say that all the Seekers still on Earth radioactive energy output that was detected by Sector 7 was so infinitesimal it wasn't worth investigating. remember that little Allspark Shard that gave all the Allspark knowledge to Sam brought Jetfire basically out of stasis-lock just like the other Allspark Shard brought Megatron out of stasis-lock.

so if the U.S.A. did find something on the moon & brought it back to Earth/hide it on the moon & then if the full power of Matrix of Leadership did survive on within Optimus Prime's Spark, even if he really did blow it up while it was within the Sun Harvester, he might have enough power within his own spark to give just a little of it to whatever/whoever was on the moon to bring it/them back online

18. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Y'know I thought the mention of Sentinel Prime in ROTF was a bunch of phooey, but just rewatching that scene now and it looks legit. Well either that or he says something incredibly similar sounding to it.

Probably just an Easter Egg, with no real intention at the time to name-drop a future TF3 character.

19. Cth

Cth Cthulhu

News Credits:
    The same could be said for the Shockwave teaser/hint.

20. Thunderchild

Thunderchild Well-Known Member

Maybe they assumed Sentinel was dead, but was on the moon this entire time.

Though they are going to end the trilogy, Bay said the story could be continued or returned to by film makers later on, if they wanted.