Sentinel and Megatron's "Plan"

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Metallitron, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Metallitron

Metallitron Decepticon of Malice

News Credits:
    Ok so where the hell was Sentinel's destination in the beginning of the movie?? Earth? Earth's moon? Cybertron headquarters? Autobot city? Or Megatron's Palace?

Well wherever he was going, he had already made the deal with Megatron....so whos dumb idea was it to shoot down the Ark?? The decepticons?

If so why didnt Megatron tell them to stand down if he was Sentinel's partner in all this and needed Sentinel? Wouldnt this jeapordize their plans?

Or Megatron didnt care...? And why meet-up on Earth?? for us human workers to help re-build Cybertron?? They could have called a truce then!! Cybertron was totally ruined then!! And back when this happened....Earth, i imagine, didnt have as many humans/workers on it as it does now.....seemed kinda pointless back then to travel so far for so little.

Even if they still needed our resources, I imagine there were closer planets with the same or even stronger resources to choose from.

And all this time, was the Fallen still in the Ship of noodles in our solar system talking to Megatron via Skype?

2. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

What are you saying! That the script has holes in it? Nah, I don't believe it!!!

3. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    He was going to rendezvous with Megatron at the start of the film, which Starscream screwed up, since he probably didn't know it was him in the Ark/wasn't told the plan

He ended up on Earth's moon purely by luck, possibly drawn in by the Allspark or maybe the Fallen manipulated the situation so he crashed there (since The Fallen knew the Matrix was on Earth somewhere, so he could be revived later)

4. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In the Novel's explained that the Ark goes throu Space Bridge, or something like that, and the scanners of the Ark search for the AllSpark's location. Megatron wanted to meet Sentinel to wherever the AllSpark went, so you see why it ended up like that.

5. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...ent-illegitimate-hatchling-6.html#post6284494
    That is Megatron's plan. Thing is Sentinel planned it that the Allspark wouldn't be brought to Cybetron, it would be bringing Cybertron to where the Allspark was. Megatron agreed with it.

Megatron didn't also count Sentinel wanting to rule also the Decepticons taking over from within.

6. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

Sentinel Prime never once mentions the allspark in the movie. You would think that would be his first words after awakening. They never even tell him...oh hey, we killed the fallen too, and destroyed the sun harvester, And pretty much killed megatron for all intensive purposes. Sentinel didnt even ask OP how he got the matrix....thats a huge plot point right there.....OP "the humans helped us get it" and SP's response "we must enslave them then". NO Prime has had the matrix since the fallen/OG Primes, that's a BIG DEAL. There is nothing there to even imply that using humans is the last resort effort. Such a poo poo story.

How can they possibly know that the Autobots will even arrive on earth 50 years later, Sam will find Jetfire, have allspark shards, find the matrix, and get to optimus? Megatron even "kills" sam on his way to OP.

7. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
  8. Nightmare966

News Credits:
    The mvoie can focus on lots of things, it runs only 2 hours 30 minutes ans tells you a story of more than 2 days. They more than likely explained him off-screen, and damn, most of the audience knows what happens in the other movies.

9. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

Thats true, my main gripe is what they CHOOSE to focus on and what they CHOOSE not to. Its poor storytelling and in no way makes DOTM "part 3". Its just the 3rd movie....

10. Nightmare966

News Credits:
    The thing is that they'd rather explain to the audience something important to the movie plot rather than something we know. I know, getting to tell Sentinel everything would have been nice, but run time is always an issue.

11. Metallitron

Metallitron Decepticon of Malice

News Credits:
    Im sorry but the way I understood it was that after Bumblebee launched the ALLSPARK into space, Megs went after it right away...not waited to chill with Sentinel and randomly decided one day to follow it somehow knowing what direction it went and no one else did..sounds like we are making some of this up to have closure...

12. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

yep.

13. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    The whole trilogy.

14. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Wait a second. Bumblebee sent it into space?

When was this mentioned in any of the movies?

15. RedWolf

He didn't he was the decoy with his team while Optimus had it launched.

IDW and Titan comic prequels have him stalling Megatron losing his voice.

16. thien425

thien425 Well-Known Member

Has anyone even thought about WHO it was that shot down the ark?...... come on...... it's easy to figure out...... here is a hint " i will kick you".....

17. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Y'know, I'm not sure Sentinel and Megatron had a plan worked out. It's been a week since I saw the movie, but maybe Sentinel was going rogue and planned to meet Megatron and offer a truce when he located him. I'm not positive they had any of this worked out beforehand, only that Sentinel followed Megs to offer a truce with the pillars and the allspark.

He said both of their plans were waylaid by fate, i.e. them both accidentally crashing. It would also explain The Ark getting shot down.

Yes, the cons wanted Sentinel to open the Bridge, but I think they intended to capture him to force him only to be surprised he willingly helped.

Of course I just may be forgetting some key dialogue about the past deal.

18. RedWolf

Sentinel Prime was pretty much the reason how Megatron found the Allspark.

[​IMG]

19. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Well, Megatron takes off after the allspark as soon as it was launched to stay in close range of it.

I take that bio to mean that Sentinel couldn't track Megatron, but he could track the Allspark, which is where he knew Megatron was going so he could meet to offer a truce.

I need to rewatch DOTM...I don't recall any specific dialogue regarding them planning this on Cybertron, and it makes sense with the Ark getting shot and crashing.

20. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

That is a good example of dialogue that would have been fun for us fans, but twenty minutes of Prime and Prime catching up with each other and droning on about stuff would have been boring to normal folk.

Although that scene with the two of them talking under the sky was awesome and did seem a bit short.