Sentinel and Blackout

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Minh'T, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

U guys have already seen how Sentinel destroy the NEST base, it's took him a lot of time to done it and that's a small base with only a few soldier, not like the way Blackout Destroy the Base in Qatar it only take a few blast that doesn't mention he has to go throught a lot of soldier
    That's weird because Sentinel is a Prime he stronger than Blackout but how they bring the Destruction well...

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Blackout's weapons have more splash damage.

3. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Blackout was using energy bombs, and he was trying to wreck the place. Sentinel was having to strip the place down looking for the pillars, which is a bit more complicated than "Use these bombs to blow shit up".

4. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    This is the only correct answer, sentinel didn't want to destroy the base, he was searching the pillars, and destroying all with his rust blaster had def destroyed the pillars too!

5. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Also blackout wasn't fighting soldiers who specialized in killing Decepticons.

6. TFareCool

TFareCool TFW's Camera Guy

News Credits:
    I agree. Blackout had a rolling energy wave, and wanted to destroy the place.

Sentinel just had to get the Pillars. He didn't want to destroy the pillars along with the base.

Also, InB4 lock.

Also, this thread is now about leader class Blackout.
    Discuss.

7. interceo

interceo Well-Known Member

Blackout original target was retrieve some info not only turn the place down; so difference was nobody expect this kind of attack and surely weapons and training in the base are far more specialized than the desert base army soldiers.

8. Manning57

Manning57 Member

Not exactly... When Blackout and the Decepticons first arrived on earth, they were looking for Megatron. Blackout´s intentions were similar to Sentinel´s. Both were looking for something. If you remember, there is a scene where you can see Blackout´s hand holding a computer from the ceiling, and you can see a download being executed in a nearby screen.

The issue we´re dealing with, about the time each robot took to wreck each place up, It could be a personal difference? Blackout went straight to the computer, obviously, defending himself from any potential threat (We´ve seen the damage a grenade launcher inflicted on him, what wouldn´t tank do?) So, he screw the place up very fast, much like a ''hit and run''.

Sentinel however, had no threat nearby him,(C´mon! He killed Ironhide!!!, what could Bumblebee, Dino and Sideswipe do???) So he enjoyed every single moment of his carnage on the species that call´s them ''machines''...lol. In short:He had no need to hurry(what a sadist bastard!). So, he destroyed the vault, grabbed the pillars, and walked out, like a ''walk in the park''...lol.
    I would described this as a ''Bank Robbery''. (me and my comparisons)LOL.

Or its a mere editing issue: They gave much more emphasis on Sentinel´s mad rampage,than with the scene related to Blackout.So the scene normally took longer to be fully developed. Let´s not forget that a important character died on that scene( WHAT HAVE YOU DOOOOONE????). The same scene adds a much larger weigh to the overall plot,after all, its the scene where he stabs the Autobots in the back.( literally speaking, ask Ironhide! RIP...)

Oh gosh, that was long... Please forgive any English mistakes, it is not my first language.

9. LumpimusPrime

LumpimusPrime Autobot

Not to mention, if anyone has seen a forward operations base (Soccent was considered such) they aren't exactly the most sturdy of establishments, usually built as needed and quickly at that. I would assume the Nest HQ was a bit more sturdy and meant to take more of a pounding than the desert base.
    FYI I am speaking from experience about the base, I've been deployed more than a few times and IMO a decepticon would have no problem wreaking havoc on a small forward operations base that was meant to launch attacks on ground troops, not defend an alien robot invasion.

10. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    Don't forget that Sentinel basically wrecked the place through the flailing of his sword and shield wielding arms. Blackout used every weapon he had on him: Machine guns, missiles, chest cannon (which I wish we saw actually be used), and those EMP blasts.

11. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    12. No Spam
    We do not allow spamming in our general forums. Spam is relegated to the Fuzzy World Forum. The Fuzzy World is a perk for TFW2005 Supporters.

That includes posting "This" as a reply.

12. Jazz1979

Jazz1979 Well-Known Member

Because it is a movie directed by Michael Bay!
    what do you expect? a consistent storyline?

13. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

Blackout and Sentinel cant be compared. Blackout was build for such a job, but he fails in 1v1. There isnt only one way to be strong. With such stupid logic, one tank is more worth than the best trained commander in the history of the universe.

And anyone saying Michael Bay is Hitler again is a fucking idiot...

14. vatarian

vatarian Snide dame

WHY U NO GIV MEH LE-DUR BLCKOUT HASBOO?[​IMG]