Sentinel alt mode ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by twiztidRodimus, Nov 11, 2011.

1. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    When exactly did Sentinel scan for his alt mode? The other Transformers looked far more cybertronian before they scanned, but Sentinel looked the same throughout. Did I miss the scene or something?

2. Ironhidebot

Ironhidebot Wrecker

I don't remember him ever scanning a vehicle, maybe they inputted him with an earth alt mode upon his arrival from the moon

3. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    we never see him scanning his alt mode

4. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    In the noveL?

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Offscreen.

6. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    Did you see megatron, wreckers, dreads, dino, que, wheelie, brains etc... scanning? NO

all offscreen/comic/novel

/end :) 

7. wrecker11

wrecker11 Wrecker

For about 50 years he made a deal with Megatron to meet up on Earth so he could have input the form before he landed but what I dont get is how it would be so modern unless he calculated what it would look like just before he landed.

8. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    THESE.

If the movies showed every single character scanning their alt modes, transforming to robot mode several times, and transforming to vehicle mode several times in epic 30 seconds scenes, they'd be 4 hours long. The key is to show a few main scenes/shots like these, and then imply that the others happened. The audience is probably smart enough to figure out that Sentinel and other characters did so, seeing as how other characters were shown to do so in the previous two films.

9. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    LimeWire.....that.....is so true.:) :thumb 

10. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I'll point out now that the design team's approach to cybertronian forms improved by TF3 Sentinel now didn't look generic and bared a resemblance to his earth form like in the comics. That's why the 2 forms looked the same.

11. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    The problem is not that we don't see him scan an alternate mode.

The problem is that he already has the same colors as his Rosenbauer Panther Earth mode when he is found on Mars. In the original teaser trailer, his main color was gold in the opening scene. Though comparing the models, he does not actually have kibble from his alternate mode when Optimus revives him, but the colors are still odd.

12. Prime17

Prime17 Seeker

News Credits:
    It was the Moon not Mars. He was gold in the teaser to throw us off from thinking he was the Rosenbauer Panther firetruck.

13. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Gah. Of course it was the moon. That happens when you do multitasking when you should be asleep.

But I disagree with the "throw us off" thing. What purpose would that serve? The big twist was Sentinel's defection, not the alternate mode he picked before that. Sentinel was rather prominently featured in the marketing leading up to the movie. I doubt they'd change the coloration of a CG model for the teaser trailer because a prop vehicle had been photographed on the set.

14. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I do agree. If we connected the dots, what would that prove? That Sentinel could possibly be that massive red firetruck? That...wouldn't really spoil anything. We didn't even know his name until, like, three months before the film was released. And after all, it's not like a giant red firetruck was seen duking it out with a flame-decaled semi truck on a Chicago bridge, or firing it's weapons at a disintegrating Topkick. Think about it. The "meat" of the scenes occurs (mostly) whilst in their CG-clad robot modes. What do we see the vehicle modes do on these videos showing the production and filming? Usually just driving down the street or onto set. Nothing spoiler-ific there. All we'd be able to guess is that "OMG! Optimus and that firetruck are in a scene together!" or "OMG! That firetruck is being filmed in Chicago!". Either or which could mean countless different things.

On a somewhat separate note, I think it would've been cool to see a silver/gold Sentinel Prime in the movie. :D  But then again, the red and black kind of reminds me of one of the most classic animated antagonists of all time: Jafar.

15. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yah,is a mystery to all of us for this case

16. adamid4

adamid4 Well-Known Member

Megatron crashed on earth thousands of years before Sentinels ship crashed on the moon. The deal likely pre dated that. Not to mention Megatron was frozen when Sentinels ship crashed.

He likely just had a similar color scheme as the fire truck in robot mode and thus it was off screen coincidence, or he possibly might have chose the fire truck alt in order to match himself. This is just up for interpretation.

The likely reason, they just didn't care to explain it.

17. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

Must there be another thread on this lame issue? We don't see him scanning an alt mode because that extra few seconds of footage equtes to several thousand extra dollars off the film's budget. Everyone knows that!

18. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Most likely when he arrive Earth, he just scanned whichever vehicle that is within his sight,fire engine is within his sight,hence just proceed to scan

19. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    Yes, I did make a thread on this. Whether you like it or not. ''Must there be another irrelevant not helpful response'' from someone who could have easily passed by it without having to be a pain in the ass.

20. MrOptimuspirme

MrOptimuspirme Banned

sentinel always seemed to look exactly same throughout the entire movie. weird.