Senseless damage to people's cars in my apartment complex.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hand Of Omega, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

I really can't fathom why people are inclined to just commit random acts of vandalism.
    I live in a 'secure' complex. Gates, buzzers, fences, barbed wire, etc. None of this seems to do any good. As they say, if someone wants to get in, they will. Much of these 'secure' aspects serve as deterents more than anything else. A "Oh, there's a gate, I can't be bothered climbing it" type thing.

Now, we don't live in a high crime area. Not at all. But its the risk and curiosity of "whats in that secure complex?" that attracts the trouble at times IMO.
    We have had incidents here and there - graffiti, light damage to gates and complex lights (usually exterior) and one car got its tyres slashed.
    Now, the latest issue. Last weekend was a terrible one for some tenants, myself included.
    In one night, three cars had windows smashed and random plants were uprooted.
    Now, nothing was stolen out of the cars and some had valuables in plain site. The gate has an accessible manual override, so stealing the cars could have been an option, but we all agreed it was for the sake of wanton destruction.
    "You think you're safe in a secure complex" kind of thing, you know?
    Anyway, it all went thru insurance, but its bloody irritating and pointless.

2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'd put my money on teens committing the deeds.

3. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I've always heard that more cars are burglarized at gated-communities as opposed to open-communities.

But yeah, most probably teens. Teens like to destroy shit for no other reason than to destroy something. Just part of growing up and doing stupid shit at the expense of random strangers. Personally, I LOVED destroying mail boxes when I was a teenager. Of course, I was usually stoned when doing to it, so the moral failing on my part never really dawned on me.

4. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    THE HORMONES MADE ME DO IT, MOMMY.

It's clearly society's fault.

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I blame violent television programs and video games. And gangsta-rap.

6. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Yup, bored kids. I did my share of stealing road signs and stuff. Not even cool ones...okay, my High Voltage one was pretty rad.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  7. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

I'd say teenagers. One of the side mirrors on my dad's car (got like 3 cars) got knocked off completely a few weeks ago, my dad was really pissed off when that happened.

Not to mention staying up late, smoking, drinking, doing drugs and yelling out loud.

8. Hand Of Omega

I was going to say 'bored teens' but thought I'd get flamed for blaming everything on the younger generation, guess your posts so far proved me wrong!
    Yeh, I see it everyday, bored kids hanging around on sidewalks and being a nuisance cos their parents are both still at work or just can't stand being at home and go AWOL, "how do we amuse ourselves?" - lets ruin other people's livelihood! Yeh! :crazy: 
    I'd like to see thier reaction when I slash their bike tyres, crush their IPOD, obliterate their XBox, burn their clothes/belongings and smash their mobile phone. Then again, would most of them care or know the value of these things? "Mum and Dad buy everything to keep us pacified, they'll buy new ones". :peoples: 

9. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    I'd be offended by this rash generalization of teenagers if it weren't so true.

10. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Well, I haven't ruined anything yet. Sorry, about the car. Hope it all turns out okay.

11. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    damn sorry to hear about that I hope it all works out and the cops catch the damn punks that did it ( highly unlikely)

12. Hand Of Omega

Sorry, didn't want it to sound likea generalisation, 'certain groups of teens' would be more apt.

Very unlikely since they told me, "they would not attend". Three damaged cars, uprooted plants and blood on my car door and where they probably tried to grab the glass (which would also point to fingerprints as they weren't wearing gloves) and "no, sorry, we still won't attend". :crazy: 

13. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I don't like people touching my stuff. I ever catch any of ya touching my stuff, I'll kill ya. - Francis 'Psycho' Soyer

14. Hand Of Omega

Thats how I felt too. By the by Drake - Bruce Campbell and The Beatles are two things I am big fans of. Nice choice for avatar/sig. :thumbs2: 

15. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

It was me

16. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

People are naturally violent and cause destruction. Look at our history. People learned to not follow that nature.

17. Brrjit

Brrjit Fembot in Disguise

A small family water park near my university was severely vandalized - people threw picnic tables in the pool, smashed the windows, and even smeared feces all over the place :\
    Who does stuff like that?

18. Hand Of Omega

They certainly can't be human. I know, it sucks. Hard to say if its jealousy or just mental issues.

19. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Find them. Give them a stern talking to. And then kill them... with fire.

20. Hand Of Omega

Just fire? Don't we even get a choice of two methods? Fire and acid perhaps? Dismemberment...burn the remains...then dissolve the bones in acid?...suddenly I don't feel like my beef and chutney roll anymore.