Semi-Official RotF Supreme Devastator Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MonkeyBusiness, Dec 2, 2009.

1. MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness Autobot Engineer

Seeing as how Supreme Devastator has been pretty roundly trashed for the lack of Robot modes, among other things, I thought this would be a good place for all us Supreme Devy owners to check in and discuss The Big Guy.

I picked mine up a week ago at Meijer. They had a sale and I always said that I thought $70 was about right, so I took the plunge.

I've been impressed so far. The transformation is somewhat simple, and the aforementioned lack of Robot modes is annoying, but the transformed figure is nice. It's Big. Really big. Like, he gets an entire shelf in my collection right above my Leaders Big. The detail that Hasbro put it is pretty impressive. It seems like they actually put in a lot of effort to making the combined robot mode look good.

I'm looking forward to painting him. I'm going to need a lot of paint. I think I might switch to acrylics from enamels now that I found a local place that has Testors Model Masters.

Now, if only I could get Mixmaster to shut up in vehicle mode... I swear, he makes noise if I look at him.

2. caecae22

caecae22 Fifth Face of Darkness

Twitter:
    i like him alot. for some reason.

3. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

It looks pretty impressive on the shelf, but I'm probably not going to shell out $70 for it. Deep clearance, maybe.

4. marshall dusty

marshall dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i always liked him from the get go, but the price i thought wasn't justified. i finally got a great deal on him on the boards, half price and shipped! he's definitely fun.

5. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i love it, i also love my mini supreme ko version as well! its the baby.

6. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got mine from BBTS's early shipment (at $50 extra) and I've always been happy with it. In fact, it's displayed on my desk right now. I can't wait to complement it with Hasbro's Legends Devastator.

7. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

i like the one i have. its sitting on my shelf and i like hearing the sounds that come from it time to time :D 

8. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I am really hoping for some reprolabels for this thing soon, cause it is just way too bland right now. Decent when posed in more of a crawl stance, and I cut a piece of plexiglass to hold the action button for his jaw down so that he isn't staring at the ground while in more of a crawling pose. But again, I can't wait for some reprolabels to decorate this badboy, cause he sure needs em.

9. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

I'm holding out for the Terror Scrotum Devastator retool, slated for 2010.

10. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    i own three of them..got one at retail price...the 2 others off amazon for $50 ish each shipped....love them all...giving the MISB one to my nephew for Christmas....share in the devy love!

11. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Odd how Devastator is made fun of by everone except the people who actually own one.

12. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    I like it. I got mine from Target.com for $60 shipped and it's a fun figure.

In my mind, I've dropped the idea of the individual vehicles having robot modes. They didn't in the movie, so the toy is accurate as far as I am content rationalizing it to be.

(Anyway, there were at least 9 vehicles involved with the combination, so, it's not like any of the toys are actually accurate to the film.)

13. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I managed to get one exceptionally cheap as well, and it's really not a bad toy.

I definitely would have expected the individual components to be a bit more detailed, considering there's no 3rd mode to engineer into the design process. Some additional paint apps would have added a lot as well. Your average kid that gets this isn't going to care at all about those things, though.

14. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have one and really like it. I love how heavy it is. A few more paint apps would have been nice but, it is still good looking.

15. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    agree on the paint apps. but its a nice figure :) 

got him displayed in my display case. and when i open it he will make sound! very fun :D 

16. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    I got him as soon as I found him but I took his batteries out cause he would not be quite. But I thought what if they made a demolisher the size of scavanger that would be huge!

17. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    I suckered myself and paid near-retail for him when he first popped up on HTS, and haven't regretted it. Yeah, he could stand a few more paint apps, but I used what little painting know-how I had and put some red on his face and jaw thingies and it makes quite a bit difference. All-in-all he's a fun, sturdy toy who goes rampaging through my house often enough.

18. MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness Autobot Engineer

My feeling is this: based on the size of the vehicles, you're looking at 2 Leaders (Mixmaster and Demolishor (and Demolishor might even be Supreme on his own)), and either 4 voyagers or 4 deluxes (Hightower, Scrapper, Long Haul, Rampage). That doesn't even include Overload, or the unnamed robots that make up Devy's hands. So, for a true movie accurate Devastator, you'd need 2 Leaders, 5 Voyagers, and 2 Deluxes, for a grand total of $245. It's just not feasible.

That being said, making Long Haul and Rampage bigger on the legs would have been better.

19. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I like the way the one I got for my brother looks in the package, and I'm looking forward to messing around with it Christmas morning.

I still wish it had individual robot modes though. >>

20. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I have him, and I love him. He's a great toy, especially with Legends.