Selling vintage KO/bootleg 'Microx' as authentic microchange product

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Paradigm-Shift Prime, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

I have seen a sure of this lately, sellers identifying their sale for the ko/bootleg Microx as 'Takara' 'microchange' etc., claiming to be the authentic product, when what they have is not.

So just a warning to all prospective Microx buyers that there is a KO/bootleg version contemporary with the authentic vintage one that is easily identifiable by a) the box text being in English or any other text other than Japanese, and b) the 3 figures not having trademark stamps on them. Here is a solid reference for those interested: http://www.geocities.com/futuristgroup/vmicrox.html.

This one is from a bit ago but I got a response from seller recently. He sold it for $200 (+ $40 'shipping' USPS FC if the winner was International, which would cost the seller around $5), which gets to the cost level that it bothers me to be the KO version.

Transformers Reflector g1 Diaclone Microman Camera-Robo - eBay (item 170249487110 end time Aug-17-08 09:44:59 PDT)

My initial message: "
    Just so you know this a vintage KO/bootleg and not a microman product as identified. Product description should be altered."

His response: "um no it is not, thanks though"

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  2. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Judging by the sellers Transformers sale, I'm betting the seller knows but is avoiding the whole KO/bootleg/etc witch hunt on eBay. Unfortunately, like you describe, buyers may not share this knowledge.

It looks like the one you linked didn't actually sell, but ended early. Am I missing something? I've never witnessed a legit Microman Microx sell. How much do they usually go for?

3. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

It looks like the one you linked didn't actually sell, but ended early. Am I missing something? I've never witnessed a legit Microman Microx sell. How much do they usually go for?[/QUOTE]

a complete one usually never goes over $100.00. usually they sell around $85.00

4. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah so that one might not have sold for $300 then.

I'm just promoting awareness that most being sold as authentic are the vintage bootleg and how to tell the difference for prospective buyers.

To me the authentic one mib (which I do see every once and a while but not very often) is worth around $200, while the bootleg mib no more than $75 and less if not in great shape.

I own the vintage bootleg, it is still decent quality, mine isn't more than c7 condition but I got it with box and foam for around $35.