Selling/trading to BBTS

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by kraven, Jun 8, 2012.

1. kraven

kraven Decepticon

Has anyone here done it? I just started talking with a rep. from BBTS about buying a complete set of Star Wars figures (the 2006 saga collection) and they wanted a detailed list before they make an offer for trading credit. Anyway I just sent the list and now I have to wait, hopefully no longer than a day, to hear what they say. So in the mean time I thought id see if anyone who has had dealings of this nature with them could give me an idea of what I may be looking at?

103 misb figures all together.

So, have you had dealing with BBTS? What do you think I should expect for trade in credit? Anything?

Thanks!

2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    They will give you more store credit than cash, if you opt for store credit. Cash payment is actually payment via check or paypal.

They will give you more money for carded figures that haven't been reissued nor rereleased on newer cards. For example, if I sold my Saga Shock Trooper to them, I don't know if I would get more than $10 or so, because it's been rereleased a few times, like in the Saga Legends waves.

3. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I always get low offers. I know they have to make a profit, but I just didn't think it was worth it for me.

4. kraven

kraven Decepticon

Gotcha. Well im really only hoping to get 3-4 (store credit) dollars a figure. If more thats awesome, if less, idk... maybe just a little less would be ok. Do you think 3-4 a fig. is reasonable?

5. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know anything about those figures and its rarities, but I'm just gonna predict that they'd offer you around $250 in credit.

6. Computron34

Computron34 Butt + Hurt = TF Fans

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Sometime last year I sold about 75 MOSC SW figures to them. From about Episode 3 stuff onward. Nothing that I thought was too rare. I'm going off my vague memory, but I wanna say they offered around ~$400 in credit or ~$330 in cash. Just to give a rough estimate.

7. kraven

kraven Decepticon

oh man that would be GREAT! I hope its somewhere around that price. Good God if it was $400 i would be doing a happy dance for a month lol! I still havent heard back yet though and will still be expecting $200-250 just so I dont get my hopes up.

8. Computron34

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I know when I sent them my list for that stuff, it was about 2 days before they got back to me.

9. kraven

kraven Decepticon

ok cool, well hopefully by monday or tuesday then sense its friday. And thanks for all the imput man!

10. kraven

kraven Decepticon

Did you ever end up making the deal for your suff?

11. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Isn't shipping the seller's responsibility though? So keep shipping in mind when they make their offer.

12. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    This is true

13. kraven

kraven Decepticon

yeah i've definitly been thinking about shipping. Do you guys know what I might have to pay? I figure ill need about 4 medium/large size boxes. So ive been figuring maybe $50 or so? But I really dont know...

14. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Probably $20 per box, potentially? Factor in delivery confirmation and insurance too, because the worst thing that could happen is that your package gets lost / ruined and you are out your figures with nothing to show for it.

15. kraven

kraven Decepticon

Hey guys, just incase you wanted a follow up, I added another 50 figures to my list for BBTS to buy/trade so 153 figures total, and they have given me a in store credit offer of $450! Whoo! So now im off to ship!

16. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So you sold them all of your MOSC Star Wars figures for $2.95 each? Plus you are going to cover all shipping costs. Doesn't sound like a very good deal to me.

I would have sold them as lots of 10 on ebay pairing popular ones with the less favorable ones. It may have taken more time in the end, but you would have made a lot more money.

17. Computron34

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    It depends on what the reason were of selling. If it was to make money, then BBTS might not be your best option. But, if it was to just get rid of a bunch of stuff at once, not too bad.

18. kraven

kraven Decepticon

Yes, my main reasons for selling is that I just dont want/care about that stuff any more and I dont want to spend the time and effort to sell it off myself. Just wanted it gone in one swoop. I know the $ per figure is low but I am more than happy.

19. 009*

009* That Guy In Nebraska

News Credits:
    Is it possible to apply store credit to a preorder?

20. kraven

kraven Decepticon

Good God I hope so! And Ill find out soon enough I suppose. But why do you ask? Are you looking to trade to them as well? Just curious?