Selling toys - and so the floodgates open!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Phoenix Blaze, May 8, 2011.

1. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

So, in the past I have sold some toys, ones that were impulse buys....pretty much every movie toy I've ever bought......and that was easy, just chump toys.

Then I sold one or two ones that were, yes impulse buys, but normally from Universe 2.0 so were retained for a sense of completion until I got bored of that.

And now I feel compelled to sell everything!!! ><

I can't really explain why, maybe it's because I know that if I sold everything I'd get hundreds of pounds! Ironically to buy other Transformers with! Make sense?

Honestly, it may just be the feeling of "ooh, money for my toys!" and short of a shelf worth, I can't see much I couldn't part with.

Anyone else had this feeling? Has anyone sold their collection (or at least a large part of it) through choice rather than need? Can you comment on this?

Am I finally growing up? :crazy: 

2. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    Yes I can.... I don't hope so :D ... I hopefully never get tired of toys (30yrs)

3. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

pm me if you have "classics" for sale. Hurry up and grow up!

4. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Dude, it's like you got into my mind and stole my thoughts!

Once you go past a certain point (for me I think it was selling my boxed G1, including recently Fort Max) it changes your whole perception of selling stuff that, maybe, you never even dreamed you would be willing to let go of.

It really gives you so much perspective that, whilst these are your treasured possessions from a hobby you love, they are just...toys.

Tbh, my sales have been kinda forced on me for one reason or another, but it has also been quite cathartic. Y'know, like the whole concept of living without 'things' (to a certain extent). I mean, I'm not just going to get rid of everything, but specific TFs with a high resale value, I have let go and not really missed them. It feels a bit strange but for me personally, having a smaller collection really makes you appreciate the bots you leave behind.

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I took out a loan for a business venture. If it doesn't succeed, I'll have to sell my collection to pay back the loan. I used my collection as collateral.

6. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

So... you want to sell your collection of toys to buy toys to add to a collection that would no longer be there?

Just so I have that straight.

7. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

I know! I do appreciate a smaller collection of key pieces, but then the cycle starts when I have say Magnus, so I need a Prime, then I need a Jazz, then I need an 84 cast! Argh.

Oh well, nice to see this all makes sense in some way.

8. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I may be wrong, but I believe the OP is describing something more along the lines of a collection that is in a continuous state of flux. Replacing figures with other figures etc.

9. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

:lol