Selling to BBTS or Transformerland; experiences?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DoubleClouder, Feb 2, 2011.

1. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Autobot/Decepticon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I am planning to unloading my entire Beast Wars/Beast Machines collection and was wondering if anyone ever sold their stuff to either BBTS or Transformerland. It's quite a large collection, so if I have to play shipping it's going to cost quite a bit. I know selling them separately I would get more, but I don't feel like sitting on them any longer. If anyone knows of another place that buys collections please let me know.

2. Computer5

Computer5 Well-Known Member

I've sold to BBTS 2x. The thing though, is that you have to expect slightly below market value quotes since they are gonna sell your stuff @ slightly higher market value to earn a profit. However if you truly don't give a crap about that, then you can try to bargain with them on their quote or give them a quote up front and haggle from there. You would get slightly more store credit than cash as well.

edit:
    Oh yeah, i forgot to mention that you can also try to keep some figures and sell them separately. For example, show characters on ebay or here and then sell the non show characters to them. I felt like I took a dive when i sold them some figures that i thought were popular vs getting a deal when i sent them crappy characters when i made my 2nd transaction with them.

3. defstar

defstar Autobot...

I sold a nice sized lot of Transformers (loose & sealed items included) to BBTS about six months ago and had an overall great experience...

They gave me a fair price imo (actually higher than what I was expecting from them as I had a lot of Animated figures in there)...you have the option of getting a check, store credit or a combination of both...BBTS's e-mail communications were prompt the whole way through (I went back and forth with them quite a bit weighing my options and in the end went with the check/credit combo)...

They mail your check out once all items are received and verified to be in the condition stated...Also keep in mind that their quote to you includes shipping...

Like I said it was the perfect way for me to go...I got a good deal and moved my Transformers quickly...

4. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I've sold to Transformerland before and I loved it. They were very polite and courteous the entire time. If you go in knowing that they'll have to resell your items, so you can't really get a market price on your items, I think either service would be just fine.

5. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My experience with BBTS was easy and very professional. However, in the end I chose not to sell to them. They simply could not give me amount that I needed. They are a business and I completely understood. Personally, I'd put the items up for sale here or on eBay.