Selling TF's on ebay

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Golden Age, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Has anyone ever tried to sell a TF on ebay? It takes a lot of time to take photos, and list items. The items sold for less than they were worth. I either broke even or lost money on shipping and handling (which is also a lot of work). Ebay has listing fees, insertion fees, and "final value fees"
    In the end I wonder if I should have ever bothered selling. It took a lot of time and effort. I had to deal with a couple of people not paying, and another trying to rip me off in the U.K. (surprise, surprise). And I lost a lot of money.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I've always come out ahead. I'd much rather sell on the boards though. I can sell it a bit cheaper and still come out ahead because of not paying eBay fees. It's win win for me and the buyer.

3. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    This calls for a :stickies 

We have a forum here just for TF toy discussion and a whole forum devoted to TFs on ebay.

You could also try dealing with local TF fans via your regional UK Sightings thread, or via the Junkion Exchange. I've made many a good trade/sell thanks to the Georgia Sightings thread and the Junkion Exchange.

4. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    it all depends on the quanity, the amount of $$$ you are looking to get..and how much you are willing to spend time wise to take pictures and type up descriptions and auctions into the ebay turbolister....

It takes time to create the auctions and take the photos...but not that much time and effort...ebay lets you list 5 items for free a month now....so you can always start the auctions at 99 cents and then see what you get....

If you are looking for a set amount...then the junkion exchange here is probably better..

5. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Moved to eBay forum.

6. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Careful, Voiceroy. You are stepping into a minefield.
    (although i agree with you.

i am dying to see someone post movie reviews here one day.

The Junkion Exchange is a great way to sell TFs and not get into overtaxation by Ebay, in addition to weeding out wannabe buyers.

7. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

I much prefer to do business here. eBay is too expensive and there is always some jerk trying to over charge (if not the actual price of the toy or you win a auction and find out the shipping is something stupid). Also I know I am dealing mostly with people who have a actual love and appreciation for these toys here rather than some collector who is just trying to make a buck on eBay.

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    a word of warning Obi Wan Kenobi style:

Ebay is a wretched Hive of scum and villainy you must be cautious

that said said there are a lot of good people who use ebay as well but you gotta be careful