Selling... help with prices...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Codimus Prime, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Well kids, it's come down to it. I'm selling off a good portion of my collection. And I'm taking them to a toy show to pass them along to others. But I'm kinda needing help with prices.

Below I've listed all the items I have. Most items are complete or a very good start to complete a figure. I've also given myself some wiggle room for people who want to wheel and deal.

Let me know if I'm in the right part of the ballpark.

G1 Sideswipe $30
    G1 Omnibots $45
    G2 Inferno $25
    G1 Grapple $15
    G1 Trailbreaker $40
    G1 Mirage $50
    G1 Ratchet $30
    G1 Ironhide $30
    G1 Ratchet/Ironhide Missiles $5
    G1 Jumpstarters $15
    G1 Sixshot $45
    G1 Scourge $25
    G1 Astrotrain $25
    G1 Doubledealer $6
    G1 Metroplex $60
    G1 Springer $20
    G1Blitzwing Junker $5
    G1 Motormaster $15
    Myclones $5-$10
    WST $10 for most $15 for Jazz
    Ironhide/Wheeljack Busts $20 each
    Devestator Bust $40
    Palisades Starscream $50
    Classics Optimus $10
    Classics Mirage $6
    Classics Starscream $8 (has ramjet missiles)
    Robot Masters Starscream $15
    Robot Heroes $2 each
    Red Jazz Robo Q $10

2. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You might be able to get more than $10 if you have WST Soundwave with Ravage. I suggest you sell Myclones as a lot depending how many you have, so that you won't be left with unpopular ones.

Good luck with your sale, hope your toys will find good home and bring you some $ :) 

3. Codimus Prime

Most WST's are usually $10 after shipping so I'm kinda cutting out the middle man on those. Have Red Alert without a box, and I'll sell him lower. Would rather ask a little more than normal and come down in negotiating a price.

Thanks for the advice on the Myclones. I have Ramjet, Galvatron, Jazz, Sideswipe, and Soundwave. Maybe $25 or $30 for the lot (works out to 5 or 6 each)?

4. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not good at haggling, but your strategy sounds good!

I have surly seen someone selling WST Soundwave for like $20 (he was hot at one stage), but I guess WSTs and Myclones appeal to smaller market? Again, good luck :) 

5. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What condition is the G1 Scourge in as if he's complete you could tack on at least another $25 on his price

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A couple of sites online (BBTS and TFSource, for instance) are selling Encore Ratchet and Ironhide for less than $30, so you might not get as much for the G1 originals, especially depending on their condition.

$25 for G1 Scourge and $6 for G1 Doubledealer seem a bit on the low side, though, depending on their condition.

7. Codimus Prime

Scourge is one that would bring more if he had his gun (which he doesn't) and his stickers/paint were a little better. Trust me, when I bought this one I got lucky it wasn't mintier or I'd have paid out the ass.

Doubledealer is basically a raw bot, but he's in good shape. No accessories, so he's priced low since all his other parts are kinda expensive and hard to come by.

I've taken into consideration the prices of Encore figures. But if I can offer a G1 original that is near complete and in good shape for the same price. I know there are people out there who'd rather have the originals than the reissues.

I didn't make this thread so you could offer up constructive criticism and me argue it. I haven't set my prices yet, this is just my outline. Just thought I'd give my reasons for pricing those items since I didn't offer up pics or conditions.

8. krazy83karl

krazy83karl Well-Known Member

is that G1 Blitzwing Junker complete, and do you mean Junker as in not good condition or thats part of the name?

9. Codimus Prime

The Blitzwing is missing his inner arms... so he's totally ruined for bot mode. Could be fixed if you have a junker with no turret or other stuff.

10. krazy83karl

krazy83karl Well-Known Member

Ah ok then, I was about to say I'd definitely be interested in your blitzwing personally, but unfortunately not as a junker.