Selling Entire MISB/MOSC G1 Collection (over 130)

Discussion in 'Items For Sale or Trade' started by TechLifter, Oct 10, 2005.

1. TechLifter

TechLifter Member

Ebay:
    I am selling my entire Transformer collection in preparation to buy a house. This collection includes over 220 Generation 1 Transformers, over 130 of which are sealed and a coupleof those have already been AFA graded.. The collection has been given a conservative appraisal value of approximately $28,900.00 (2 independant local collectibles stores). I am asking for a firm $23,600.00 + S&H. If you would like to pick them up to save on shipping or ensure safety and contents, I'm perfectly willing.

I just have a couple of bullet points to go over:

<ul>
    <li> The asking price for the collection ($23,600.00 US) is not negotiable. This is final and I ask that no lower offers be submitted. </li>

<li> As of this moment, I have begun to list everything on eBay, with the stipulation that they are available for sale, in bulk, at the above price. That means that these initial items auction times will be up in 6 days and 15 hours (as of this writing). The moment the first auction ends, this offer to sell in bulk expires. It wouldn't be fair to yank it from the winning bidder because a bigger buyer came along. However, I will end the auctions early if you would like to buy the collection.</li>
    <li> $23,000 is a lot of money. I understand this. If you think that this is excessive, I fully respect your position but I only ask that I not recieve any derogatory emails or posts in that regard. All things being equal, I would rather not sell any of them, so it was a hard decision to get this far.</li>
    </ul>

Details can be found at: http://www.tfcollector.net/comics/aboutMe.cfm?itemID=166

2. Luke020681

Luke020681 Well-Known Member

So once the auction is over will you be selling them individually since the offer to sell in bulk expires?

3. TechLifter

TechLifter Member

Ebay:
    Explanation and Link

They are already up on eBay. At least a good chunk of them are. I'll be adding more this weekend so that they're al spaced out about 3 weeks. The deal is that the possibility of buying everything as one large collection will disappear the moment the first auction ends. I doubt very much that anyone will buy the whole thing at once, even if they want to part it out on Ebay and make some extra cash, but I wanted to make the offer. Since this offer is outside of eBay, I thought it was appropriate to put in the Junkion Exchange.

Please keep Ebay auction links in the Ebay forum. -2005 Staff

4. tarouza

tarouza Twin Twist's Daddy

i'll be watching though 13.50 for shipping is rather steep considering one wont cost more then 6 to ship

5. TechLifter

TechLifter Member

Ebay:
    Shipping Response

Agreed. But, like all things in eBay shipping, these are estimates. Certainly, someone who lives one state away will be a great deal cheaper than shipping from Arizona to New York. I would rather tell people it will be more and it turns out to be less than tell them it's less and it tuns out to be more.

I have no doubt that there would be that one guy in Timbuktu who was adamant about paying $4.50 for S&H because "it says so in the auction."

There are over 220 transformers and nearly 2000 comics. One has to make estimates, right?

-PJ