Selling chunk of VG collection - need advice

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by flywheels, Sep 14, 2008.

1. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In preparing for our first kid, I've decided to sell off a chunk of my VG collection as most of it just sits there and it's played. All that said I've got several systems, accessories, games (domestic and import) to sell.

Should I bundle a few games w/ the systems or do you think they'll sell on their own if the price is right. And speaking of prices, any ideas where to start on the items below? I was thinking about putting the "common" items in my eBay store while listing the other items as straight up auction. I obviously didn't list all the games, just some of the highlights I could think of off the top of my head. Any help is much appreciated!

Sega Genesis 3 (smaller system, 2 controllers + hook ups)
    several boxed games (Alisa Dragon, Castlevania: Bloodlines, Phelios, etc.)
    few boxed Mega Drive import games (Gaiares)

Sega Saturn w/ box (2 controllers + hook ups)
    4 MEG Pro Action Reply Plus (import adapter)
    x2 Stunner light guns
    several Japanese import games (Arcade Gears 3 Wonders, X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Layer Section, etc.)

Sega Dreamcast w/ box (2 controllers + hook ups)
    MadCatz Dreamblaster light gun w/ box
    Pelican arcade joy stick w/ box (metal base/joystick shaft)
    several domestic games (Cannon Spike, Confidential Mission, Marvel vs. Capcom & more)
    few import games (Marvel vs. Capcom 2)

Super Nintendo SNES (smaller redesigned unit w/ 2 controllers + hook ups, modified to allow Super Famicom games)
    Super Advantage joystick
    several boxed games (Super Metroid, Super Castlevania IV & more)
    several boxed Super Famicom games (Return of Double Dragon)

Nintendo 64 (translucent teal version w/ RAM expansion pak, 2 controllers + hook ups)
    lots of boxed games

original Xbox w/ box (original "fat" controller + hook ups)
    Logitech wireless controller
    just selling the non-compatible 360 games

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Prices are all over the place, really it's best to use eBay and get an average and hope for the best. Some stuff will go for a decent price, some will go for pennies.

So, basically, typical eBay :( 

I'd suggest trying to get a fairer price through personal transactions via enthusiast boards.

3. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

You might consider game lots, based on type of game.

4. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

You should sell the systems on their own with all accessories you have for them, and each game inividually.

Some game might sell well too. Boxed Super Metroid could get you $25-30 maybe (lots of BiN of $40-50 right now on ebay), so if you have some popular game and auction them or sell them at a tad lower BiN, you'll be good.

5. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not looking to get rich, just to free up some space in my game room (as well as some money to put in the "baby fund"). I've always been pretty picky about my games so 95% of them come w/ their original boxes & manuals. Once I get the final list compiled I'll start a sales thread over in the Junkion area to give board members first dibs.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Could throw them up on Graigs list or something first, to hook up the locals so you dont have to ship anything out. They'll just pick it up
    Just dont take them to Gamestop, they hardly give you sh!t for em.

Ebay's always been good to me when sellling games on there, and shipping just them is cheap

I think Pikmin2 on N64 is worth like $40 alone if you have it. Okami's also a hot item.