Selling boxes?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

If this is in the wrong section, please move it to it's proper home. Thank you.

I've got a whole stash of boxes I'm considering selling. I want to know how to place their value? I only have like three vintage boxes, two in near perfect condition, and a Jetfire box in descent condition with some wear, but includes both foam inserts.
    Most of my stuff are reissues, encores, and KO's. So just wondering what to ask for with these boxes? Please see picture.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'd like to keep them, but they take up too much room and I've got no real storage place for all these. I've also thought about keeping them in case I ever sold my figures, but for one thing, I have no plans to sell any of them, and again, no real place to store them.

Side note: The Macross figure pictured is not available. I gave it away as part of a trade.

So back to one of my threads about boxes. I think it's time to get rid of these. What do you think?

2. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    you can check the items for sale pages and see what people price their box, as a starting point of your own research.

3. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've seen you say a few times in the past that you have decided to sell your figures. I would probably wait a bit and make 100% sure you arent selling them anytime soon before i get rid of the boxes for the most valuable figures.

4. Tigertrack

Nope, not going to sell the figures. Just thinking about getting rid of the space-consuming boxes.
    In fact, I'm still going to keep collecting as there are still many more I wish to add to my collection.

5. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    See what they're going for on eBay?

6. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i too am probbably goign to throw away quite a few alternator and binaltech boxes :) 

7. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

put them on a sale thread man. I see people asking for those from time to time. A home is better than the trash.

8. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As for the value, It's been my experience that the newer boxes don't go for very much (I've been hunting for G1 empty boxes for several years now), esp reissue boxes. The G1 Vintage and KO G1 will be the most valuable to sell.

If you truely want to get rid of them just charge a $1 per box plus shipping or just shipping.

9. Alejandro27

Alejandro27 Well-Known Member

that G1 Jetfire box if it has the foam insert should get you atlesat 40.

10. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Indeed, I need an armor foam for Jetfire and could use the box since my US box is missing the tech spec. I can't tell what the other boxes are from the picture.

11. Tigertrack

I still have the red decoder in the Jetfire box. The box aint' perfect, but it is in descent shape. Foams included, one little rip on the clear plastic cover, but that's about it.
    My two Kaltor boxes are near perfect. One more flawless than the other as I purchased it in AFA box.
    KO Shockwave box is mint, but it is a KO.