Selling alternatives to ebay?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kenny278, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

Just sold off some junkers on ebay

So far only received payment for half of them - no contact from the buyers saying if they are paying by paypal etc etc

I have an auction where the buyer is a new user... and thanks to the ebay fuckup of the feedback. I can see future sales becoming a hassle of non paying bidders since they have 2 non payment chances as it were..

"Hmmm decided I don't want it... I know I'll just not bother cause I can get away with it without getting a neg feedback"

I was planning on changing the direction of my collection so i was going to sell off my loose figures to fund it which if you've seen my collection thread its quite a few figures..

Apart from putting them up here (which I plan to do anyway) Is there any alternatives to ebay? Or have they cornered the online auction marketplace for english speakers - as in there isn't a yahoo apart from the japanese market...

Also the ebay fee's are a joke and the risk of being banned cause of getting a neg through no fault of my own is also something I'm concerned about....

2. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

There's several threads about this, including a relatively recent one. And GD maybe isn't the best forum for this kinda questions anyways. TF Toyark, TF:GD, or TF on eBay all seem like better bets.

3. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I tell you what, I had a bike to sell, and some doors from our new house and a box spring to give away free--I put them on craigslist and the bike within 5 days and the free stuff within 48 hours.

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Is there a listing fee on Craigslist?

5. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nope, it's all free.

The price you pay is the glimpse in the seedy underbelly of humanity as a whole.

6. dougzx9

dougzx9 Wish I were here

I know exactly how you feel, half of my stuff that ended last night I'm going to have to relist, or just keep them since a bunch of new people bid on it and won. Then when I send them the invoice they go "Oh I didn't think I was going to win" or "Sorry I changed my mind" and now there is nothing I can do about it. Thanks Ebay!

7. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    A lot of the stuff I was trying to get rid of during my move went on Craigslist. Free listings, quick e-mail responses from people and local transactions. The site is awesome.

8. P. Smitty

P. Smitty Active Member

Craigslist is only good if you live in a large urban area. For us small town folk there just isn't the market for local transactions. And as far as zero-feedback bidders spamming your auctions, just turn on the handy ebay feature that doesn't allow anyone without paypal to bid - most zero feedback people I've dealt with don't have a proper paypal account set up and linked and that weeds out a lot of the rif-raf.