Selling a collection to provide for my family

Discussion in 'Items For Sale or Trade' started by Tequilacon, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Tequilacon

Tequilacon Member

News Credits:
    On June 6th, the Army notified my husband he's being released from his contract on the 22nd. Fourteen days to find a job and move across the country.

They are not providing moving services this time, because it was "too short notice".

They will pay for the move, but not up front. 60% now, and 40% after we submit receipts for reimbursement.

Moving services alone will cost around $3,100.

They are also providing a travel allowance. Now, when they moved us up here, we received $3,500 in travel as a travel allowance. That took care of driving, motels, food, our deposits, and utilities for that month.

This time we're set to receive $540.

That will just barely cover the two and a half day drive, lodging, and food.

We will still owe our current apartment complex rent for next month, because the military clause in our lease doesn't cover release from service.

As of right now, we have no way to pay the movers the other $700 to claim our belongings once we arrive in Texas.

We have no way to pay next month's rent to this apartment complex.

We have no way to pay our bills, or living expenses for next month.

We have a friend in Houston who is "pretty sure" he can get my husband a job working with him at a CNC pipeyard. The pay is excellent, but as of right now, we have nothing solid.

My parents are already doing us a huge favor, which I'm sure will be held over our heads later, by allowing us to stay (rent free) in the house we will be buying from them, until we can get settled in a new job. I don't want to ask them for more help unless it's a last resort.

Now that you all know the situation, I'm going to be selling my Transformers collection to provide for my family. I love those toys. They are beautiful, and I would never part with them lightly, but caring for my son comes first.

We're about halfway to our $3,200 goal as of right now. The response to this since I first posted on twitter has been incredible. I am quite honestly in awe of how quickly everybody has chipped in to help. It is a privilege to call you guys my friends, and I can never thank you enough.

PRICING:
    This wasn't really an issue in the beginning, but after having a few recent offers that fell WELL below market value, I feel this has become necessary.

If you want to offer a fair amount, I will be more than happy to ship for free. If you want to place a slightly lower offer, and pay shipping, I am okay with this as well.

The severity of the situation does not mean I will deeply discount a toy AND offer free shipping just to make a sale. I am well aware of the value of these toys, and I am quite capable of comparing prices online.

I really don't want to have to post prices, guys. I want to allow you to offer what you think is fair, but if this continues, I won't be able to do that anymore.

That said, happy shopping, and thanks again for your help and generosity.

Toy list:

We have a LOT of older figures not listed here, so if there's anything in particular you're looking for, ask, and I'll check with my husband.

Transformers Animated figures for sale:

Prowl, loose, incomplete (missing pole for stoplight)
    Ratchet, loose, complete, missing instructions
    Elite Guard Bumblebee, loose, incomplete (no boosters)
    Sentinel Prime, loose, complete, missing instructions
    Grimlock, loose, complete, missing instructions
    Snarl, loose, incomplete (missing club)
    Shockwave, loose, complete, missing instructions
    Oil Slick, loose, complete, packaging included
    Atomic Lugnut, loose, complete, packaging included
    Blitzwing, loose, complete, missing instructions
    Arcee, MOSC, pending

PRiD figures for sale:

Deluxe Wheeljack, MOSC
    Voyager Starscream, MISB
    Deluxe Arcee, loose, complete, packaging included
    Cyberverse Commander Bulkhead, loose, complete, packaging+mini DVD included
    Cyberverse Commander Megatron, loose, complete
    Cyberverse Commander Starscream, loose, complete, packaging+mini DVD included
    Cyberverse Optimus Prime, loose, complete, packaging included
    Cyberverse Arcee, loose, complete
    Cyberverse Bumblebee, loose, complete, packaging included

Transformers Prime McDonald's toys, full set

Generations Sky Shadow, loose, complete, packaging included
    Generations Scourge, loose, complete, packaging included
    Generations Sergeant Kup, loose, complete, packaging included
    Generations Cybertronian Optimus Prime, MOSC

Battle In Space Rodimus Prime+Cyclonus 2 pack, loose, complete, packaging included

Legends Class Optimus Prime, loose, packaging included

Toys R Us Reissue Ultra Magnus, complete, in box
    Toys R Us Reissue Starscream, complete, in box
    Toys R Us Reissue Rodimus Prime, complete, in box
    Toys R Us Reissue Jazz, complete, in box

Classics Starscream, loose
    Classics Bumblebee, loose, incomplete

G1 Throttlebot Goldbug, loose, complete

G1 Megatron, incomplete (includes scope, silencer, butt stock, but no robot mode weapon)

Pretender Grimlock, loose, incomplete (missing tail weapon, shell weapon and helmet)

G1 Scorponok, loose, includes most accessories (Lord Zarak missing 1 arm)

Brave Maximus, loose, complete

Fortress Maximus, loose, incomplete, includes Spike + Cerebros (missing 1 hip gun, 1 hand gun, Cog Grommet and Gasket, front right shoulder panel, and Cerebros' gun)

20th Anniversary Masterpiece Optimus Prime, NISB, Autographed by Peter Cullen

Powermaster Optimus Prime with Apex armor, NISB, Autographed by Peter Cullen

NISB Armada Unicron

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  2. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Sorry to hear about your situation. New members must provide feedback before starting a sales thread here. Links to feedback on eBay or other forums is acceptable.

NEW Junkion Rules - 12/4/2010 - EVERYONE READ - TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards

3. Tequilacon

Tequilacon Member

News Credits:
  4. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

5. anikenvader

anikenvader Hero for hire

News Credits:
    That's really unfortunate. I'm going to look at funds to see if I can help by purchasing something, though till then, here's a free bump so others can see what you have.
    Bump. :p 

6. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    how much do you want for Masterpiece Optimus Prime, NISB, Autographed by Peter Cullen?

7. Tequilacon

Tequilacon Member

News Credits:
  8. Tequilacon

Tequilacon Member

News Credits:
    $250 + shipping