Sellers what are the biggest issues you have had on Ebay the past few months?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Backstop, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    I was just curious what some sellers on here might also be dealing with after Ebay made all the changes? Because a couple friends have really been hit hard as the extra money helped to support there family.

Anyway to get to the point I have like 4 close friends that have been selling for years on Ebay and have all had issues the past couple months with buyers making paypal claims after they get the item mostly when they see there is no tracking, as a couple buyers have even admited it I was told and Paypal did nothing lol....wow im surprised!!
    the fact they have shipped this way for years and never had a issue untill now seems really odd to me.

Also another big thing was buyers who just leave negs for fun or low DSR's but positive feedback? Check out this users (feedback left for others)

user:: masaaki76takekura

eBay Feedback Profile for masaaki76takekura

this guy has 1 Positive but left over 105 negatives and Ebay thinks of nothing to keep him around?

I think these new rules have opened the doors for fraud as the biggest thing before that people bitched about was feedback extortion but it seemed people did not try to cheat in fear of a negative to inform other sellers.

Any sellers on here have these issues or others they would like to share? As I think a (Scam buyer list) with names and user ID may be in order, Also Ebay stocks are like $10 a share now from like $50+ So it looks like collectors will need to find new ways to trade as I think they are at a end.....

2. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Protip;

Use paypal shipping to ship your items or you will get screwed.

I only use it unless i have international first class.

3. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I used to sell a lot on ebay, haven't done so for about a year or so. Didn't have anything to shift for a while, then the new rules appeared. I might try to shift some small stuff, but anything valuable (TF's anyway) will go in the Junkion first (I keep meaning to take pics, as I've got a pile of stuff to move on).

I've heard some horror stories from mates as well as on here, Red Leader anyone? Ebay have really screwed themselves.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  4. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Whoa, blocked.

Because of all the changes I rarely sell on eBay now. My 4 sales in the last couple months resulted in one 1 non-paying bidder. Despite wasting my time and potentially costing me money (if it doesn't sell as high when I relist) I of course have no way to leave honest feedback about this deadbeat.

I know a couple people who sell on eBay more avidly and they've encountered increased non-paying bidders and people raising issue with an item but unwilling to return it for a full refund, even when return shipping is paid for.

eBay just isn't worth the hassle anymore. Fortunately I'm having more fun learning the webstore software I'm using and PHP, for additional programming, in addition to B/S/T here. Maybe It's time for to resurrect webrings. :) 

5. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How do you block users?

6. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    people raising issue with an item is something I forgot to add as this is not the first time im hearing this. Also how is your store going compared to Ebay sales? As I guess exposure is hard at the start?

7. RoboticPlanet

News Credits:
  8. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  9. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have had like 5 non payments. A negative feedback threats, and the customer service SUCKS. I really dislike using eBay now but it is a necessary evil I guess.

10. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thankfully I haven't had that many problems in all my years of eBaying. Then again I don't try and be cheap when sending stuff out. It's always Priority Shipping with Delivery Confirmation for the US and then EMS for International. Shipping will seem to be expensive but it's the safest way to do anything on eBay.

I have had more non-paying folk than before but for the most part selling still hasn't been an issue.

11. RoboticPlanet

News Credits:
    Bear in mind, it's intentionally nothing to compare with say, a store like transformerland.com, just a hobby. That said, it pays for all the server, etc costs and almost consistently puts a little toy-buying cash in my pocket each month, which is my goal. Search engines are slowly picking up on it, so I'm continually seeing new and increased traffic. I'm sure with more work and the desire to do so, a site like this could grow and become more lucrative, especially with some marketing.

12. icefox

icefox Black GFC

Got my first ever never arrived claim just recently. The interesting thing was that I left positive feedback to the buyer about three weeks after I shipped it out and the very next day the claim was put in. Fun fun fun.