Seller sent me a KO on eBay, what now?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Paladine, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

I bought a Jafcon Prime on eBay, and it was pretty easy to tell that the figure was a KO. The stickers were way off, the figure was floppy, and it was encased in a 15th Anniversary Prime box instead of the Jafcon box.

So I have all the evidence I need, how shall I proceed? Ask for a refund from the seller, or just go straight into a Paypal dispute?

2. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I say speak to the seller first. If he refuses, you then have that correspondence to possibly use as evidence to submit to paypal.

3. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ask for a refund. Escalate if the seller is uncooperative.

4. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

^What Thalack said.
    If he sold it AS a legitimate Jafcon Optimus Prime (Whatever the hell that is) He deserves to give you a full refund, but if it was just for "Optimus Prime" not specified as a Legitimate Jafcon Optimus Prime , ask for a partial refund, and consider this a life lesson and Always Always ALWAYS ask the seller about the item before you bid in case you aren't sure it is what you think it is.

5. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Torch his house. Those evil KO sellers deserve to be punished.*

Or you could ask for a refund and then take it up with Paypal if there's an issue.

*Under no circumstances do I endorse this behavior, but I do endorse making commentaries on how ridiculous people can be.

6. clintfca

clintfca G1 Inspired

News Credits:
    Agreed, speak with seller first. Escalate with eBay/paypal if seller is uncooperative.

Did the ebay auction photos show the item in a authentic Jafcon packaging? If so and what you received is clearly a 15th anniversary prime box, save the auction pictures and take pictures of the item you received. These will help your case with eBay as the seller did not ship what was actually pictured.

The seller may try to defend himself to eBay by raising the possibility that he did in fact ship an authentic Jafcon and you are trying to scam him with a KO you previously owned. At that point I guess eBay would evaluate buyer and seller feedback history and make a call.

Best of luck, hope it works out in your favor.

7. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

Me, I'm pretty laid-back when a figure turns out to be a counterfeit, When I got my KO Frenzy yesterday, it sort of bummed me out I couldn't swap his chest plate for my other Frenzy. But comparitively speaking, my KO frenzy is in better condition than my Authentic Frenzy and since the seller didn't even know it was a Phony, I was cool with it. Frenzy was in a Lot deal with an authentic G1 Bombshell, anyway, so I couldn't complain, especially since I fixed the poor thing so that he displays so much better than my '86 Frenzy.

8. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Was it this one?

TRANSFORMER Jafcon 2000 Limited Black Optimus Prime OPENED!! | eBay

If so, you actually outbid me on that figure, but I dialed it back after I looked at the photos harder; that figure had blue fists!

Here are some photos of a real Jafcon Prime if you need them. (Sucks I had to sell him :(  )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jafcon Prime isn't just black, it's hard to describe but it has a weird sparkle /black/brownish tint to it.

9. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

Yep, that's the one I 'won' haha. If you look at the pictures in the auction, you can notice that the front sticker is different. The Jafcon version actually says 'Black ....' in japanese, but this is missing from the 15th anniversary prime. It's also missing in the auction pictures of course, proving that the box is a 15th anniversary prime box.

I contacted the seller asking for a full refund + extra to ship it back to him. Let's see how he/she responds.

10. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

Just looked at his feed back seems that he had 2 "Jafcon" Primes... Makes me wonder if the first one was legit...
    On topic: dude that sucks. Like others posted contact the seller and try and get your money back this is the second time he sold a KO as legit (according to his feedback). If he doesn't refund you report him to ebay and paypal assuming that's how you paid. Heck maybe even report him anyways just to warn others???

11. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    FYI, thank you for outbidding me :) :thumbs2: