Sell to BBTS?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Butuman, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Butuman

Butuman Well-Known Member

Just curious if anyone here have ever sold stuff or traded in for credit with the folks at BBTS. I have never bought merchandise from them but I'm really thinking about it. Just curious how the transaction went through because I'm tempted in selling stuff to buy stuff. Comments on previous transactions would be helpful. Thank you.

2. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Never sold anything, but I have made a few orders. They're fairy quick about getting things processed and shipped unlike a couple other resellers I know...

3. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Show them what your gonna sell them, I thought about it but they wanted to give me next to nothing for what I was giving them

4. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Gotta keep in mind that shops like these, are just like that ones that buy your old videogames and then jack the price up when they put it on the shelf. They're going to look at what they can sell it for, and then offer to buy it from you for less, so they make their desired margin.

It's really only ever worth doing if you have something that's really difficult for you to sell, and they think they can.

But, it doesn't hurt to get an offer, and then see what you can sell it for yourself on ebay.

5. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I sold large lots to them on 6-7 occasions. You must have an idea in mind of what your items are worth and what bbts sells them for. Depending on how much you originally paid for them you will most likely take a loss. However, if you save your store credit until BBTS has sales you can be adquately compensated for your items. Its a wonderful way of getting rid of a lot of items you don't want at the same time. You can sell for cash and get paid via paypal or check. You get more for your items if you decide to take store credit. Don't be quick to accept their initial offer. They will probably low ball you but you can bargain for the amount you're satified with.

If you want to get a profit, then you should sell an item that you got for cheap but BBTS overprices. I have sold an item to BBTS for more than 200% the value I paid for it. Its a way of recovering the losses from the depreciation of some of your items. You get a higher price if your item fills a need such as a highly sought after old item that's sold out.