Sell me Titanium Scourge

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by _Flashback_, Feb 19, 2007.

1. _Flashback_

_Flashback_ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hi everyone. I'm considering TS Scourge but I want to poll the fandom first.

Pros:
    -He's deluxe scaled, my favorite size class.
    -I like his colors.
    -He's G1.
    -He'd fit in well with Classics, along the lines of Energon Slugslinger.

Cons:
    -Lack of head articulation.
    -Restricted arm articulation.
    -He's a movie character, and I really don't like TFTM.
    -No nostalgic pull for the character (I got out at the end of the 2nd season)
    -Robots with facial hair?

So, convince me to pick him up or if he sucks, to skip him. Go!

2. TimothyVernon

TimothyVernon Well-Known Member

i was going to get him.. but he seriously looks like no fun. the transformation is very boring. he's the smallest titanium figure and has awful balance.. i'd only get him if he was on sale for like $5-$7 which will never happen

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I love him. The easy transformation makes for quick transformations just like in the show. That puts the playability factor through the roof.

4. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I like mine, he fits in well with my Classics.

[​IMG]

Old pic, but you get the idea.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    He's one of my favorite tits - fun fiddle fodder. Yeah, I said fiddle fodder. Ya wanna fight about it?

I don't get the general complaining about his lack of articulation...he's gotta have more than the original!

6. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I've personally never cared for Tit Scourge, though others certainly do like him. Do what feels right for you.

7. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Dude, robots with facial hair is deffinatly a "pro"!

I really like the guy, but he's a head-scratcher. He's essentially an action figure wrapped in a cape, so for the life of me I can't see why his articulation isn't perfect. So why it is unbelievably sub-par (the arms can't do anything) is baffling.

Still, aside from the colors the look of both modes is perfect. I like him despite the flaws.

8. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Here are some extra "pros" to add to your list:

-Boat mode looks and feels GREAT. Very swooshable. It is the best the alt mode of that character has ever looked. It looks more "Imperial Star Destroyer" than "flying bar of soap."
    -Nice paint job, like many of the titaniums (especially on the interior of the wings)
    -Has cool "vampire" look if you stand him with his wings/cape folded back around him
    -fun, simple transformation

And here are some extra "cons":

-Like many Titaniums, his joints could be better, and his legs have a tendency to flop around a bit and sometimes fall off (though I never have trouble getting him to stand)
    -He's shorter-looking than the other deluxe-sized Classics, even though technically with his head-thruster he's about the same height

I hemmed and hawed on him for a while too... passing him up several times when I saw him in stores and then finally giving in and ordering him online. Ultimately I'm glad I got him. Yeah, he could have used some extra articulation (especially a rotating neck and waist) and his legs fall off sometimes. But I DO have nostalgic associations with the character... he was one of the only movie figures I had as a kid, and I loved the strange boat mode and the robotic goatee. If you DON'T have those associations, you might not dig him so much. But for sixteen bucks, at least it's a fairly inexpensive gamble.

9. TimothyVernon

how is that transformation fun? you pull and twist the legs, fold the cape and flip the head.. and do you actually play with him.. where there needs to be a fast transformation in order to nut get killed from the photon charge noise coming from your mouth. guess i'm the only one that appreciates a more involved transformation for a transformer.

10. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

It's fun in the way a minicon is fun.... like MegaMoonMan said, he's fiddle fodder (to borrow the phrase). It IS a ridiculously simple transformation, so you can sit there doing other things and just absentmindedly fiddle him back and forth between modes.

Don't get me wrong, I like complex transformations, too. BT/Alts were what got me back into Transformers, and I really enjoy their complexity and intricate transformations. But sometimes I like simple, solid-feeling Transformers that I can just tinker with to keep my hands busy.... kinda like a Rubiks Cube or those Chinese medicine balls.

11. TimothyVernon

eh.. i was never into minicons, to me they're just not worth it, it's basically like throwing away money.. i'd buy cassettes, but not minicons.

and i can say that scourge, in my opinion, looks great, but that's not enough for me to go out and spend a decent amount of money for him.

and as far as fiddling goes.. i like the fiddling complexity of classics jetfire.

12. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Classics Jetfire is complex?:inquisiti 

13. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    The only saving grace of Titanium Scourge is that other movie characters like Rodimus Prime and Ultra Magnus have been (or are about to be) released. But on his own, he kinda sucks. Hopefully our voices are being heard and we'll eventually see Titaniums of Cyclonus and/or Galvatron to go with him.

14. TimothyVernon

what...

15. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

Nice pic Robogeek, he does indeed fit well with the Classics. I don't like TFTM characters but I would have bought this one of he had a neck joint.

16. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought long and hard about getting him, and finally broke down and did because despite their flaws, I like each of the Ti's I have (all of the 6" ones). Anywho, this one stacks up ok IMO. His arm articulations is pretty good so it baffles me why so many people hate it. His lower arms do tend to snap off if you try to use force to move it more then you are supposed to, but it snaps back on easily enough, just like any 6" Ti. I don't like his lack of weapon though or capability to ever hold one.

Anyways, I say he is worth it. With all the money spent on a TF collection, what's another $15 or $16?

17. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Haha, that's a great way of justifying it.

Anyway, I don't have this guy, but I think he looks neat, and I like the look of him with Classics. I'd say get him just for that, adding a little more power to the Classics Decepticon line up. I definitely want him eventually.

18. Golobulus

Golobulus heh heh heh

He sucks. He has no weapon, and he can't even hold weapons

19. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    I like him a lot. I never had the original but have been waiting for one for years. As a display piece he looks nice with the Classic and Titanium Decepticons. My only problems with him are that he has no weapon or the ability to hold one, no neck articulation, and that he is too short. He looks like he is the only Decepticon to not get a new body. All the others look like they where rebuilt bigger and badder but Scourge looks like he just had a new paint job. He is maybe a head taller than Bumblebee. I guess like in the cartoon it just sucks to be Scourge.

Other than that he has decent articulation (although it could be a little better), a classic G1 design, nice paint applications, and the bat wing look that just screams evil. Even the mustache adds to the evil look of the character, without it he would just look stupid.

If you really don't care for the movie then this guy may not be right for you but he is a classic Decepticon and a nice looking display piece. If you see him in a store just take the time and look over him. For $16 he isn't that expensive but it is money you can use on something else later on.

20. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Technically, he didn't say that. He said the complexity of Jetfire......
    Every figure has some level of complexity....some higher than others... :lol