Sell me on Beast Wars

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Bathawk, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Sysbase

Sysbase Member

More Unfolds

Keep watching it keeps better. I didn't like it at 1st but then I got into it.[​IMG]

2. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    Beast wars is one of those classics like G1.

It is alot better than the shows Hasbro's been throwing us this past decade.

The Characters unlike animated actually grew with it.

Was the show perfect? No.
    Was it entertaining? Yes.
    Will you like it? I dont know. You might.

But if you liked G1 you probably will like Beast Wars.

3. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Are you addressing that to me or the thread starter? I already know how good BW is, have all three seasons on DVD plus Beast Machines. I was just noting a few episodes that he might think about watching if he doesn't want to made the time investment on any others.

--Moony

4. The Primes

The Primes Well-Known Member

That episode with Rhinox was pretty much the worst episode of the series by a fair margin. You should try some of the better ones, like Code of a Hero

5. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

dont watch code of hero right off the bat, it will kill the reason why the episode is so good, you have to watch the series leading up to it

6. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

BW is awesome! The first episodes really just help you get to know the characters, and a lot of the best ones haven't even been introduced by ep. 5. This is a show that starts slow then picks up pace about halfway through season one once most of the major characters are introduced then skyrockets into awesomeness at the end of season 1 all the way through season 2 and maintains it until the end of the show.

1. I agree some of the names are pretty bad, but as you are starting to realize already bad name does NOT equal bad character. One of the most awesome, Dinobot, also has one of the lamest names. But stick with it, epecially if you like Dinobot. You will be rewarded emensely in season 2 if you do.

2. Animation is a matter of taste, but the show does improve with every episode as CGI was constantly improving in those days. If you can take G1 animation errors, BW shouldn't be too bad.

3. Great Primus! You poor thing. The Low Road is one of the worst TF episodes in TF history let alone BW. No wonder you weren't sure what to make of the show. It would be like trying to convince someone to watch G1 if the only ep they had seen was Carnage in C Minor. The good news is, you've seen the worst. It only gets better from there - much MUCH better.

4. Maximize and Terrorize are just part of the show, you kind of have to just get used to it. At least it's not as lame as yelling "Transform" like they do in a lot of the Japanese series.

I notice by now, that you have also been introduced to Rhinox's "Chain Gun o' Doom!" This is not the last you'll see of it, only the beginning for both the chain gun and Waspinator getting trashed in any way imaginable.

As for the Predicons, they get a lot of development. Terrorsaur and Scorponok get a bit slighted, but BW Megatron, Tarantulus, and Waspinator are fan favorites that only grow and get better as the show goes on. You also haven't even seen other cool Predicon characters like Inferno, Blackarachnia, Quickstrike, and Rampage yet either and they're some of the best ones!

Again, stick with BW and you will be rewarded by the time you get to season two is all I can say.

7. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Yes for North American TF shows.

So my order is

G1
    headmasters
    victory
    masterforce
    animated

then BW

8. tnasoundlug

tnasoundlug Well-Known Member

I had good memories of Masterforce... but even better on Beast Wars

9. AMG

AMG Old School

Good to see you giving the series a chance. The more you watch it, the more addicting it becomes. The characters are great, some of the best ever in the TF universe. The story unfolds gradually, and at it's peak will send any G1 fan into a nostalgic dance of joy. It also has a good balance of humor and serious tones throughout the episodes. I laughed out loud many times watching Beast Wars. Sit back and enjoy the show.

10. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    amen dude

11. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Well I just watched the series myself a year or two ago, I had been a strong G1 only before that point and i have to say I was pleasantly suprised. I think some people make it out to be a bit better than it was but there certainly were some good characters and plots. I'd say next to G1 its certainly the best, although I've never been one for BW/BM designs/asthetics and yes the names are pretty ridiculous and lame but its certainly worth a watch, although there are also its share of lame episodes and characters, Silverbolt/BA love thing and Tigatron come to mind.

12. Bathawk

Bathawk Well-Known Member

did a wikipiedia search, apparently the rhinox-farting episode, and the tigatron/Dinobot episodes were back to back, hu

so the Silverbolt/Blackarachnia thing is lame? pity I was kind of looking forward to that. Call me a softy, but always thought TF could use a bit more romance

13. kronos

kronos PSN = METROPLEX_84

News Credits:
    watch "code of a warrior". nuff said!

14. tnasoundlug

tnasoundlug Well-Known Member

Depending to who you ask... I like Blackrachnia character evolution but I always disliked Silverbolt (I only liked in Transmutated episode)

15. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:

Their interaction was hilarious. The personalities clash so much that they make a perfect couple.

16. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. And as far as Transformers couples go, it was nice to see Blackarachnia as the dominant one in the relationship.

This thread is 8 pages now? All I can say is just watch the show and give it a fair shot. If you like it, great. If not, oh well.

17. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    Yeah, don't just take one guy's word for it. I thoroughly enjoyed Silverbolt/Blackarachnia's relationship personally; it really helped develop both characters in rather unexpected directions, and, as Tekkaman Blade says, produced some great personality clash comedy to boot. I guess it helps that I'm a total sap for Silverbolt; I love the self-conscious hamminess and deliberately OTT nature of the writing, and Scott McNeil's voice was hugely endearing. The undermining of Silverbolt was one of my greatest disappointments with Beast Machines, but as far as Beast Wars goes, he's one of my favourite characters.

18. Bathawk

Bathawk Well-Known Member

UPDATE No.2

Another 5 episodes

Power Surge *yawn* ok so Terrosaur is pretty much Starscream, why not just call him Starscream like "Megatron"

and how do you kill Transformers in this series if they can still come back after being blown to bits? I thought I heard T's actualy died in this series?

Fallen Comrades
    Ok I am semi-hooked now, Dinobot really shown through in this episode, almost wished he told Optimus "told you so"

whoa did...did Primal slide up a face plate?

Tigatron ugh hippie-bot, earlier I said Prowl in TF:A was similar to Ratrap, looks like we found his real ancestor

Double Jeopardy let me guess another filler episode? got to admit Ratraps "annoying level" has decreased as a result

Better Mousetrap *snore*

Gorilla Warfare holy crap! ok first half of the episode was lame, but seeing Primal go....well "ape-sh*t" made up for it "I'll rip your slaggin head off"??? Tarantulus impaled to the wall through his gut? and doing the Iron Man thing and grabbing Waspinator through the wall? (though I guess Robocop did it first)

ok sticking for at least another 5 episodes

19. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I love beast wars its my second or third fav. series(G1 is number one but I debating between animated and bw for second)the show is awsome and I love it yesss.

20. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Simple its amazing!!!!!!!! I'm literally watching it as we speak.