Customs: Self narration while customizing

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by garibaldiprime, Aug 4, 2010.

1. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

This is a bit of a funny topic (and some might think rather weird, too) but i wanted to find out if i was the only one who does this. :D 

Basically do any of you customizers talk to yourself while you work? I dont mean like, having an irrelevant conversation with yourself or saying random things like most people do but i mean do you narrate or explain what you are doing as if you are teaching someone or explaining what you are doing to a camera for a tutorial, even if theres nobody about or any cameras filming?

I tend to do...i'll be painting something or whatever and i'll be like "now we apply the paint. We spray it at 25 psi and lightly dust it on so it doesnt go on too thick. Then we let that dry for 24 hours.." etc etc.

lol

Does anybody else do this or am i just insane?

:lol 

2. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    I don't "teach" but I do state things to myself while customizing, I'll be like "Alright, so I've got the base coat down, let it dry for 24 hours and then I can start the drybrushing stage. So now what can I do while I wait...."

3. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    reminds me of this...

[​IMG]
    Now, I'm going to make your silver pants, blue

but, not while customizing, but when cooking. yeah, I put on a show for my daughter ;) 

4. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't talk as if I'm teaching, but constantly reminding myself of what I did or how I can make it better. Or if I do something wrong or stupid I say "god, nice job chris, why didn't ya do it this way. It woulda been easier."

5. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    I've caught myself doing this as well, mainly on my prop building than on my customs.

6. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

heehee well i'm glad i'm not the only one lol.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I don't do it in the manner that you've shared, but I'll randomly talk to myself on occasion out loud.

"Alright, coat of Future is finished, now it's time for good ol' work." [Knowing I've got an 8 hr shift ahead of me, then sleep allows for the best dry/cure time]

This is especially true for me when I mess up.

"Great going, genius. You KNOW better than to have done that! Ok, now it's time to fix it!"

One of my favorite times is when I finish a custom, and am able to hold it in my hands for the first time and sit back.

"Man, I really love this!"

Slightly off topic, and I know I've said it a bunch of times, but everything is just so worth it to hold that custom in my hands for the first time completed.

8. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Yes, i do it sometimes. Well, actually, quite often. I'll just randomly say out loud what i'm doing, not very precisely, nor in a teaching sort of way, just sort of helping myself stay on track.

9. I AM MEGATRON

I AM MEGATRON pleasure model

ah..only when i have to verbally threaten pieces that aren't working out..lol

10. Hakka

Hakka Well-Known Member

I just swear constantly.

Hakka.

11. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  I do to, then I get yelled at :(  "CHRIS... STFU!!!!! TRYING TO SLEEP HERE!!"

12. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Only when I screw something up and have to spend time building a new part or fixing it. I talk down at myself like "way to go, dumbass.....now you have to do it all over again". lol