Customs: Seeking some minor assistance on WW Prime

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Hyperion, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Hyperion

Hyperion Well-Known Member

Howdy.

So, today I picked up a WW Prime from Kmart today. Only Titanium I've seen in my area since they were released. I already knew all the problems in relation to the mold and such, but I have a different problem.

Prime's right leg won't stay on. I have unscrewed the entire figure and tried to force the ball joint into the socket, but it refuses to stay. It pops out without any pressure applied and it's driving me nuts because I can't display it on my shelf without it falling off. I examined the socket and there doesn't appear to be any mold flash that would prevent the joint from staying in, but I'm seriously not having any luck keeping it there.

Is there any method of loosening up the socket so it can fit the joint in?

2. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

you could try sanding the ball down some, that should give you more clearance.

3. Hyperion

Thanks for the advice, however... is there any other possible method? I really don't want to risk sanding down the joint, then find out I sanded it too thin and ruined it.

4. Driftbot

Driftbot Well-Known Member

is it too loose, or too tight?

if its too loose,
    try a light coat of glue around the ball, and a littl ein the socket. dry seperately.
    this is an old trick learned some other toy line (star wars?) but it works pretty good.
    i might do this with my classic starscream, his hip balljoints are a bit loose. i like my figs TIGHT for display poses. as im sure most of us do.
    i hope this helped.

good luck!

5. Hyperion

Nope, problem is definately that the joints are too tight to fit. But thanks for the advice!