Seeking Help - Power of the Primes Sludge and Snarl

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by PieMistress, Oct 17, 2018.

1. PieMistress

PieMistress Member

Hi All, I am on a family to the US (Orlando). My 8 year old ASN son is OBSESSED about Transformers. They are on his mind 24/7! We have been to a few Walmarts in the area and the Comic Shop, Universal Store and Think Geek.but no success. Also looked on amazon but OOS.

I was wondering if anyone had seen any in a Walmart in Orlando or would have a suggestion as to where I could get these. He is desperate to finish the combiner and I would love to see his little face light up. He has managed to find Slug (there were tons of those!).

Any tips most gratefully received!

Many Thanks from a desperate mum!

2. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  3. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    You are seriously suggesting some lady fling KOs at her kid? Unbelievable.

But yeah, to the OP, if you can't order them directly from habro.com, then I would suggest ebay. Look out for knock offs, apparently.

• Like Like x 16
  4. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Its better than paying scalpers since everyone says its the same

5. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Buy some sometime. Once you handle it objectively, YOU tell me it's the same. I've gotten suckered into buying KO's that were passed as authentics, they are most assuredly NOT the same.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Uberbot

News Credits:
    Just want to point out, Sludge and Snarl are only temporarily out of stock on Amazon. They can still be ordered at retail price, it'll just be a couple weeks (typically) before they ship. I recommend ordering them now. If you happen to find the figures elsewhere before they ship from Amazon, just cancel the order (Amazon doesn't charge you until the order ships).

• Like Like x 12
  7. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1) Post in the Florida Sightings thread to see if anybody can help you out with either direct selling or specialty toy shops in Orlando.

2) Posters in the Florida Sightings may also be able to give you other ideas of places to check. Walgreens? Barnes & Noble? A local grocery store that carries toys.

3) A pricier total option but BBTS still has the entire wave 5 for $90. You'll also end up with Moonracer, Rippersnapper and Blackwing but the price of each will only be $18. Keep em or sell em.

4) Order the 5 set from BBTS. If you know anyone with a US driver's license they can return the three extras to Walmart for store credit within Walmart's return rules.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  8. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Seriously though. @PieMistress. The post I have quoted has the right idea.
    Amazon.com: transformers sludge
    0947112C-6BF2-4154-A7FC-D3596081AEEF.png

You can order them and they’ll ship them when they get them in, though from the first sentance in your post, it sounds like your on a trip and not from the US? Or am I just misinterpreting your wording?

• Like Like x 6
  9. PieMistress

PieMistress Member

Wow have woken up to lots of great posts. Thanks! Yes on a trip and go back to UK on 26th October. Dilemma! Will keep an eye on Amazon and will also look for the florida sightings thread! thanks all! Unfortunately will need to be the real deal for my son - can't pull the wool over his eyes!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. PieMistress

PieMistress Member

Sorry i can't seem to find the florida sightings thread is it also under Transformer Toys? We are flying out of Miami so there might be somewhere on the way from Orlando we can try although there would prob be divorce if ee actually drove into Miami itself ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
  12. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    @PieMistress

If your in the U.S. try Target stores I'm sure they have some if you have a car to get around to places as well walmart is another. I don't see why those 2 stores wouldn't have what your looking for.

13. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    But most stores are stocking Wave 3, so the Dinobots may be hard to find. I haven't seen them at retail in quite some time, and I hit numerous Walmarts and Targets weekly.
    Right now, I'm going to say that Amazon is the best bet.

14. Bezuul

Bezuul Well-Known Member

There’s also the app OfferUp. It’s a lot like craigslist but more popular in my area. AND haggling seems to be encouraged which I dig.

15. PieMistress

PieMistress Member

Thank you I have posted in Florida Sightings! We have been to a couple of targets and a handful of walmarts and all slugs but none of the others. Have had a lengthy chat with him about other ones he needs - Skylynx, Trailbreaker and Hound (all quite old I think?) but looking ahead to xmas I don't know if the combiner wars sets ie Predaking and Liokaiser are cheaper stateside. Need to research but only here for another 8 days.

His face when he met them all Universal - absolutely priceless (the ride however, less keen!!)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Sky Lynx, Hound, and Trailbreaker were part of the Combiner Wars line(compatible with the new Power of The Primes line), although they were released around late 2015, so your only option for them will be eBay, which can be quite costly. The same can be said for the Liokaiser boxset. Predaking is new and will be around for a while.

There is also a new Hound figure coming out in December/January that should be relatively easy to find everywhere(though I know the UK is slow on imports), although, the new Hound is not compatible with Combiner figures, so you’d have to find an alternative limb for the combiner.
    767DEC97-24AC-4CDA-A582-7C8EF6D95439.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  17. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
  18. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I bought the kos on EBay a few weeks ago and they're good quality.

19. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    If youre going back to the UK, try Smyths:
    Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge - Transformers UK
    Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl - Transformers UK

In the US, you might also try Entertainment Earth:
    Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Dinobot Snarl - Entertainment Earth
    Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Dinobot Sludge - Entertainment Earth

• Like Like x 1
  20. PieMistress

PieMistress Member

Thank you! Smyths ones are discontinued sadly. Will message dorkside toys although I don't know what address to ship them to (maybe a mailbox?) and if they can be here in a week?