Seeking advice - can I flip a Titanium G1 Magnus for a City Commander?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ops_was_a_truck, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Just looking for other folks' 2 cents here. I'm seeing Titanium Magnus - the G1 version complete with trailer - floating around on ebay for SALE prices of roundabout $75 or so, and COMPLETED AUCTIOn prices of like $50.

So, it kinda seems like the common consensus is that, since he was part of the 6" titaniums and near the end of a line that wasn't stocked very well, he is in some sort of demand.

...but is he in high enough demand that I could probably sell him and not have to put out additional bank if I went on eBay and picked up a City Commander? Looks like the City Commanders are by and large going for $100+.

2. stepsongrapes

stepsongrapes Well-Known Member

Honestly, It looked like you answered your own question.

A=$50-$75

B=$100+

Can I get B for the price of A? Answer: no.

Of course, you could get super luck like that guy who traded from a used cellphone to a car using Craigslist by doing over 13+ trades, each better than the last.

3. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Most probably not. And why would you want to get rid of Titanium Magnus? He's awesome.

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    Really, I guess the gist of my question was more along the lines of "Does titanium Magnus sell for MORE than this?" I'm not sure if my ~$75 price range is right or if it should be closer to ~$85.

I'm totally coming off like a pennypincher when I say this - and fuck, I ain't got a problem with that - but $15 out of pocket to trade up to CC is, at least in my opinion, better than $25 out of pocket.

No arguments there - I think he looks badass. But I'm a poor SOB and I kinda like the looks of City Commander.

5. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    the thing also is that its not only how much the figure is worth, but also the demand for it. Though I know they are interrelated, from observing this board and what people want, I have seen relatively low in requesting a Titanium UM even if they are rare and expensive, compared to a Commander FP.

6. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Titanium G1 Ultra Magnus an awesome figure indeed. You should hold on to him.

In my sales thread, I have a MISB City Commander 2009 release for sale in case you decide to get one. :) 

7. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    Dammit Waverider, now you've got me tempted. :lol 

8. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The way I see it, I kinda like the look of City Commander but I know that if I sell Titanium Magnus I'll end up missing him like crazy and ending up an absurd ammount of money to get another one. I might be biased on this because I got him at retail back in the day, but hey thems is the opinions.

9. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
  10. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    All right, so that's cool and definitely worth seeing. It looks like maybethe delta between the two would end up being around $10-$20 max. That's not that bad. Thanks y'all.

11. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I agree

IMHO,Titanium 6 inch G-1 Ultra magnus,Titanium 6 inch rodimus prime & titanium 6 inch scourge are the most valuable of the whole titanium 6 inch TF toy line lot.

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

You frogot The Fallen!

13. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The 6Ti comes and goes, I've seen it go as low as $40 and as high as $90. It may fluctuate, but City Commander only goes up. While I like the 6Ti version, if I had to choose between that and CC, it would be CC hands down - opinions may vary, but I wouldn't have any reservations about trading the 6Ti towards the purchase of CC, even if it took more money after selling the 6Ti.

14. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have both and the City Commander is X10 better than the Titanium. I have the whole Titanium line and none them them are must have's. If you can do this deal, don't hesitate.

[​IMG]

15. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

He would look even better w/Myclone Magnus' head.