Seekers as F-15 Iconic?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rod, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

Not to beat a dead horse... Reading the thread about some fool who missed his opportunity to buy the botcon set and is bitching about it led me to ask, can the seekers be released, using the same names, but as different jets? With Bot modes and transformations that would be similar to what most are used to.

Would Fandom accept an F-16, F-22, F-35, and an FA-18 etc. as Thundercracker, Thrust, Ramjet and Dirge?

Is it time to move on from the traditional look and add some varietey?

If i remember correctly there was one released recently that was modeled after an F-16, Skywarp I think.

2. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    not sure if I understand this topic ... but ... if you're saying something along the lines of "Starscream" doesn't look right outside of G1 styling ... I'd agree.

3. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

It's a matter of preference for me personally. I happen to like the styling of the F15 the most out of all the military jets out there. Not to say that other jet models couldn't be used effectively, I just happen to the Seekers look great as F15's. On a side note, I'd say that the Classics Seeker is the best Transformer mold ever for me at least...

4. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    they should all be differnt jets, the same one painted different colors over and over and over would get old

5. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

Well with the F-15 becoming dated, and being replaced in the AF inventory by the 22 (here on Langley AFB we dont have any 15s left, they've all been replaced by 22s) wouldnt Classics 2.0 be a great chance to reintroduce the seekers?

And I'd agree the CL SS is one of the best mold Ive seen in years, which gives Hasbro every right to milk it for what its worth.

6. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As much as I love the seekers....let's do something else......

How come Autobot repaints/remolds don't get into every line? Bluestreak, Smokescreen, Prowl, Jazz....all kinda the same.....

of course, I'd be the first to start screaming for seekers if they did that..lol

7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmm, I seriously won't mind if the seekers aren't F-15s as long as they have the similar transformations as what they appear in their F-15s versions i.e. wings pointed up, guns on shoulders.

As long as the original seekers - Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp have the same jet mode.

Abit off topic but I like the characterization of the seekers - SS was the power-hunger one, Thundercracker - unsure of the Decepticon cause (as in the Marvel bio) and Skywarp seems to be the most loyal to Megatron (or at least in the cartoons)

8. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

It seems to me that with the exception of Thundercracker from Cybertron/Galaxy Force, Seeker toys always follow the lead of whichever Starscream toys are out at the moment. Whenever a Starscream toy is released, we as fans don't mind seeing it redecoed as Thundercracker or Skywarp, sometimes we even expect it to happen. Starscream may be most fondly remembered as a F-15 since it was his original form, but the F-15 is not an iconic part of him. There are so many Starscream figures out there with him as other types of planes and his toys still remain somewhat popular. As long as Starscream remains a jet or plane of some sort, it doesn't matter what type the plane is, there has never been that much outcry from fans (other than the initial reaction to his movie design, and it was not so much directed at his choice of alt mode but his unorthodox robot mode, but that's mostly cooled off by now) and he still remains a fan-fave no matter which incarnation of him. The same by extension applies to the seekers as well.

9. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

It's been shown that these characters successfully me made in different forms. For example, the WWI Starscream was very well accepted by the fandom.

But if we are talking about Classics/Universe toys, it's time to move on, at least for the next year's worth of toys or so... There are so many toys that haven't been done, it's time to stop dwelling on these 6 characters.

10. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

I've always wanted to see seekers as different fighters. SS as a F22, Skywarp as a YF23, Thundercracker as an F/A18E. The F35, Gripen, and other 5th gen planes would be neat, but they're single engine. This would force some creativity to achieve a seekkeresque transformation, and fans would probably scream from the highest towers about the injustice.

Personally, I think the greatest thing that could ever happen to Seekerdom is the application of the MPSS general transformation scheme to the F22. It isn't going to happen, ever, but wow, what a figure that would make.

11. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

While I've only flipped through the pages a bit, i think the IDW models of the characters would be an awesome rendition of most G1 favorites, especially the seekers. IIRC, the seekers were all Raptors in Infiltration, etc, and still managed to maintain the iconic look from G1. Ideally, I would kill for a collaboration between IDW and Hasbro to put out a future line of classics based on these slightly retooled models, and I would definately shell out some cash for a japanese or otherwise foreign exclusive recreation of Megatron as a Glock!!

12. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    I say they should mix them up. Make SS, Skywarp and Thundercraker F-22 Raptors...Dirge, Ramjet and Thrust could be F-35 JSF's. That way the Seekers are still very similar, yet easily distinguishable between the two sub-groups.

13. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  14. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

Welcome to the essence of the Transformer toyline.

15. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Shame on you for linking that God-awful thing. My eyes are burning now...thanks!

16. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    Could always go with the Sukhoi line for the coneheads.

17. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Much as I like the old F-teen planes I grew up with, it's time to move on. They're all gone or being phased out to make way for the F-22 and F-35 which, bottom line, are going to be more marketable to kids today. What kid wants to play with some old plane from the mid-70s? Blech.

Here's what'cha do. Make SS, Thundercracker and Skywarp F-22s. Same mold, traditional color schemes. Make the coneheads F-35s, with the catch being that Thrust is the Navy's VTOL F-35B. Dirge and Ramjet could just share the regular F-35 mold so that any remolding goes into Thrust for the rotating rear exhaust and more importantly, to somehow work in the lift fan w/out affecting the transformation.

[​IMG]

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I hope they redo the G1 Jets into new molds. Jets are awesome. F-22's my favorite, or maybe they could just make up jet designs so they all look different?

I just hope they decide to make more jets.:p 

19. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I lurve Energon Starscream. What plane is he closest to?

20. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

I love the skyraiders and would love to see them return at Voyager scale in new molds as F-22's, F-35's, whatever. But I do agree that I'd rather see more new molds of the remaining Diaclone cars first.

I also think releasing Energon Starscream in Movie Starscream's color is a good idea. They're the same plane mode and we could get a more traditional looking 'movie version' of ol' Screamer. Hopefully if Universe 2 is padded with repaints they'll consider this.