Seeker Rip Off

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by PyroniusRex, May 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    Seeker Rip Off, Oops that's to offensive I meant "Unjustice".

So now most of us have seen the newest TFA episode: Decepticon Air and in it we see Swindle giving Ramjet and Sunstorm different helmets that completely alter their heads and faces basically. And I thought back to when I bought my Sunstorm figure and now I feel I've just been cheated because now I gotta wait for some fan project kit that includes a new head sculpt for Sunstorm Animated and spend some more money. Also, we all can tell that the white Starscream clone is Ramjet so why can't Derrick Wyatt and all the fan Wikis out there just admit it! He even has the right head now! Plus, we don't even get a scaled seeker fleet and Ramjet will probably just be an Activator or just never made at all I don't think we're being treated fairly.

Do you believe we should have received a different head for Sunstorm and all of the Seekers in at least one size?

2. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    |
    |
    |______

Here, I made you a corner you can use to cry in! :) 

I think you're overreacting a bit..

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    There there, it's alright. The bad men are going away soon.

4. Jefrey8395

Jefrey8395 Mr.COG

:lol :lol :lol 

5. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Theirs only so many repaints of the starscream mold they can sell and make a profit out of. Its easy to re-paint a starscream toy as any seeker you like anyway. Making a cone for Ramjets head would be pretty easy.
    Sunstorms head is not that different now, I dont see it as a real problem having the toy without the helmet.
    Also I think they are not naming the seekers because voice actors can only do something like three voices in an episode so if the seekers were given seperate names rather than all being classed as starscreams, they would not be able to use all of them in an episode like that did in 'a bridge to close'.

6. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Not sure if you've noticed, but in a lot of the "less official" areas of TFwiki.net. They do refer to Liar Starscream as Ramjet. It just that he's never been called that officially.

Also, whoever planned the Sunstorm redeco probably didn't know about the helmet.

7. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    I see no relevance to the topic in this post.

Here I made you a stop acting like a jerk ball out of my hand, if you need it just ask and I'll throw it at you as fast as I can.

I'm not overreacting just because I used exclamation marks doesn't mean I'm mad. I just think that we shouldn't always have to resort to waiting for fan projects to get us the figures that should have been made in the first place.

8. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    *facepalm*

9. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think he's emphasizing the fact that this is probably the last season of animated and after that we won't have to complain about anything..... since we will have nothing to complain about. :rip 

10. Nagaoka

Nagaoka Well-Known Member

Gah, how are they treating you unfairly? The show continually gives fans gigantic, loving, nods and does its best to include all sorts of character we want as toys. We don't need everyone as the voyager starscream mold and it certainly doesn't put us in any sort of predicament when one character gets a small possibly non-permanent change aesthetically or if one character is released as a different kind of toy as another. Okay MAYBE it might bother you, but it certainly isn't unfair >_>.

Reminds me of when I worked at Osh Kosh when there was another store we were affiliated with in the mall. The two stores were handing out each others coupons so people who shopped at one would want to shop at the other store.

Eventually two older women showed up who had purchased something before and started yelling at me about how Osh Kosh was PUNISHING them for shopping at Osh Kosh first because they only just now recieved the coupon.

They could have just said "Hi, we were just here but now we have this coupon. Can we apply it to our previous purchase?" but instead honestly came in and started ranting about how horrible we were that we'd do something like give out coupons. HORRIBLE.

Sorry! Random rant!

I understand why you feel that way (same with the two women I just ranted about, for that matter), don't get me wrong, I just find it hard to sympathize when nobody really has been treated unfairly.

11. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    You can commission someone from the Radicons section to make a fully scaled Animated Seeker fleet for you. Plus new head sculpts for Animated Ramjet and Sunstorm. That way, you'll get your wish and be able to boast you've got something nobody else will have.

12. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Seriously WTF?

13. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    Okay I'll go sell a kidney! We'll get it all some way eventually, just not officially and not as easily as going to Wal Mart and buying some other figure. I don't think Hasbro exactly likes it when people make unlicensed products to make theirs better so why don't they do it first? That's mostly what I am complaining about.

14. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    Ramjet will probably be a Legends Starscream repaint. That toy has yet to be repainted and Ramjet has yet to get a toy.

15. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    ><

This thread is fail. Just more crying about toys. No one was ripped-off and no one is getting the shaft just because the show had a small G1 reference tossed in.

Although I am sure the guys at Unicron.com would have gladly added two helmets into the last kit they just did.

16. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    Who made you the topic judge? I just feel a little cheated of my pride, even if I technically got Sunstorm for free.

17. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    The Reply button made me the topic judge. It can make anyone here a topic judge. Get used to it.

Cheated of your pride over a cartoon helmet? And, because it wasn't included on a toy you got for free? Get a grip man.

18. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    I don't believe the internet laws require me to get a grip nor do the website, forum, and/or subforum rules. I'm changing up my first post a little so you all can understand my POV.

19. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ramjet is EXTREMELY easy to repaint a Sunstorm into, since he already has the right color eyes and windows.

20. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Cry more n00b.

Characters aren't named in animation shows because then Tom Kenny would be paid like ... a whole lot of money. Right now Ramjet, Sunstorm, etc., are considered "background characters" and not actual "characters", as in, they are not creditted or officially named. By not referring to them as a name, Tom Kenny doesn't have to get paid xx amount more for voicing even more characters.

Don't blame the creators, blame SAG and the Union for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.