Digibash: Seeker/Rainmaker Digi ideas

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by roykop, Sep 24, 2008.

1. roykop

roykop Cassetticon

News Credits:
    Here are a few ideas for some custom seekers I would like to possible repaint sometime in the future. This all depends on how many extra seekers I can pickup. Guess that all depends on any leftover Acid Storms or upcomming 25th Anniv. Starscreams hit the shelves later on.

The first 3 are the rest of the Rainmaker set. I don't have any specific names in mind, but in their G1 episode there were 3 total (including Acid Storm). I made 2 versions of the Blue one, as I think the first is a little too close in color to Thundercracker, so I went with a slightly more Teal coloring.

The second yellow Rainmaker is sort of an inverted Acid Storm, switching the basic Yellow and Green areas betweem them.

The red Seeker, could possible be a 4th Rainmaker, as there is some debate as to whether or not a red Rainmaker showed up in a closeup shot in "Divide and Conquer". Regardless, the main inspiration is to create a red counterpart to Thrust:
    Red seeker - Thrust
    Thundercracker - Dirge
    Starscream - Ramjet
    Skywarp - Black/Purple Conehead

The final Conehead, as mentioned above, is meant to be a black/purple counterpart to Skywarp. Not much more to it than that very basic concept :) 

Beyond these, I would like to create 2 more, Sunstorm (no digi needed), and the basic lavender/grey seeker drone found in many background shots from the G1 cartoon.

Attached Files:

2. MrMurder

MrMurder Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Man, Marc, you need to teach me how to digi like that. These look great

3. red00wolf

red00wolf Insatiable collector

I would buy them...i am a sick sick man.

4. roykop

roykop Cassetticon

News Credits:
    Thanks! To be honest, I didn't do a whole lot to these. Just select your area with the lasso tool (or whatever you are most comfortable with), and use Hue/Saturation adjustment layers. I end up with lots of them in the end, but I can can easily adjust the colors I choose later on in almost no time.

If you aren't familiar with how to create an HSV adjustment layer, it's the little black/white icon with a circle in it near the creat new layer button at the bottom of your layer window in PS. (make sure you have your selection set first)

The yellow color on the one rainmaker makes me cringe. It came out looking a lot more like bad/fake gold moreso than it does yellow, but it was the closest I could get without losing a lot of detail, or making a horrid eyesore (which I may have ended up with anyway :D )

5. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Nice work....I'd buy them. :thumb 

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    do one in Desert colours...i call him Duststorm.

7. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    I like all of these but mostly the Skywarp/Ramjet. the red one looks like he could be an Autobot

8. guarddog8471

guarddog8471 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I like the Ramjet redo. The purple looks really cool.

9. roykop

roykop Cassetticon

News Credits:
    Thanks guys. I am probably happiest with the Purple too. I think I'll use the name Windraider for him. I got the name from a He-Man vehicle... but I think it suits that guy too.

Speaking of which, I once had the "bizarre" idea of cybertronians landing on Eternia and taking on Alt forms of He-Man related vehicles. I didn't design more than 2 before i realized the idea was.... fruitless. But Windraider was a green/yellow seeker, and Optimus Prime was the Blue Attack Trak. Anyhoo....

I am very preoccupied with figuring out how I wanna customize Thrust and Dirge first. I'll eventually be getting a pair of wings and a conehead mold for Thrust... just not sure if his tailfins can attach to a regular seeker, or will it have to be a ramjet mold to work.

As far as Dirge goes, I'll likely just repaint, but I'm strongly considering whether or not I have the skills for his wing mods too for a more G1 look. Ideas anyone?

10. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    of course they can, just look at my gallery of my Thrust :) 

Dirge's mods are pretty easy man, you just chop off the tails, and you'll see that the bottom side already has a notch in it.... just whittle off notch about the same size up at the front of the wings so that you can glue those tails there. As for the down-angled tips, cut those off by using the elbow of the "fold" for your guide, and then glue them right back on the same place you removed them, just so they're standing straight up