Seeker QC issues?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BreakY, Oct 28, 2010.

1. BreakY

BreakY Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I just got my Acid Storm in the mail courtesy of HTS and am really digging it. When I was transforming it back from robot to jet, I noticed that the hinge where the leg connects to the back sticks out a bit, making the jet curve outwards. Has anyone else had that issue? With another Seeker mode maybe?

Upon further inspection, it looks like there's a screw behind that tab where the legs connect to the back that looks a bit big? Not sure if the factory that made it ran out of the smaller screws and decided to use bigger screws. :/

Is this an occurence where I can request for an exchange from HTS?

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Yeah, I would send it back for a new one.

3. BreakY

BreakY Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So I called Hasbro today and requested a replacement. The lady (Jennifer) on the line told me that they don't have that anymore and that if I send it in, I will get something else that would be the price equivalent on Hasbro.com. What I find funny is that HTS still has acid storm in stock.

Anyone else experience this kind of thing?

4. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I think it might be Acid Storm as well, but I have that going on on one of my Hasbro-release Seekers.

I didn't, and still don't, make a big deal of it. I don't really transform my figures back and forth too often, and if it were displayed it'd just be in robot mode anyway.

5. BreakY

BreakY Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Haha thanks Kusanagi. Good point. I just went ahead and fixed it myself. Ends up that the screw that holds the ball joints for the legs wasn't screwed in fully. I lifted up the panel using a flathead screwdriver and screwed the screw in. I ended up crushing off the edge of the plastic where the hinge is, but it's barely noticeable and it's as good as new!

w00t!