seeker naming

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by caecae22, Nov 24, 2009.

?

which yellow one is sunstorm?

1. top yellow one

24 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. bottom yellow one

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. neither

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. caecae22

caecae22 mere human

in this thread we will try to think of a name for all the unnamed seekers in g1
    first which is called sunstorm
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ill go first blue seeker in divide and conquer
    as freeze ray? maybe.

2. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    First of all, Sunstorm is the top one, it's official. The bottom one is one of the Rainmakers (the green one is Acid Storm).

Secondly, aren't they all named? I recall there was a website from ages ago that gave them all names, it's also where the TFwiki/Teletraan-1 got the pictures for the Seeker groups for their entry in their respective sites. I thought I had that site bookmarked, but apparently not.

3. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

Even though the divide and conquer yellow seeker isnt supposedly Sunstorm, I wouldn't mind calling him that. Green one is ofc Acidstorm, blue one i'd like to call Hailstorm (it's not the same continuity so I wouldn't mind a "male" version of hailstorm in G1).
    Also I need a Sunstorm and Hailstorm classic/universe seeker repaint,pretty please Hasbro?

4. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

But that wasn't official was it? The ones on that old website I mean.
    The Yellow rainmaker was called yellow jacket on there I think. The blue was Cobalt, maybe? Maybe I remember it wrong.

5. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Yeah, there was a Geocities site that had pics of at least a dozen different generic Seekers. They had all been given (unofficial) names.

With Geocities closing, it and lots of my other 'favourites' have disappeared. I've only got 153 TF related 'favourites' now :lol 

Oh, and Sunstorm's easy, he's the orange one. The yellow one is yellow.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Neither one is Sunstorm. Sunstorm didn't exist until about five years ago when eHobby decided to put out a (crappy) repaint of Starscream based on your first picture. His only real appearance as a character to date was his incredibly Mary Sue-ish run in the Dreamwave comics.

7. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

e-Hobby created him as a redeco. He was retconned as the one in MtMtE Part 1.

And I actually must argue against the term "Mary Sue" for him in DW. He was a radioactive, deluded, scripture-spouting psychotic.

He was incredibly powerful, but the rest of him was a tall, hot mug of crazy.

Mary Sue characters are usually clumsily portrayed as without flaws, or with flaws that are actually only stated but never actually come into play or are directly contradicted by the portrayal (like Bella in Twilight, it's stated she is awkward and shy, but she's instantly popular with everyone who lays eyes on her).

TvTropes tried to pin it down as this: "The closest thing to a widely agreed-on definition is a character who has too many positive characteristics, and too few genuine flaws to be believable or interesting."

While the definition is a bit fuzzy, the basic core of a Mary Sue is that it is idealized in some way. A burning, fanatical psychotic whose own power is eating him away, and that everyone who sees him wants destroyed because of the incredible, unrestrained danger he presents, isn't really idealized. Especially when it's established that he really is entirely insane and utterly deluded about what he is.

- Coeloptera

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Using Slipstream on the robot with the flamethrower makes sense given the color.

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

That's what I heard about him, and frankly, due to the number of generics in the G1 cartoon, Sunstorm fits right in.

That's my view of him, too. Of course, it was because he was a batshit-insane religious overpowered clone of Starscream that I like him so much. He also aparently was in some prophecy Megatron quotes in the last DW G1 ongoing issue, but Megatron also shows surprise that Sunstorm failed at whatever he was supposed to do. I don't think Mary Sues are supposed to be utter failures when it comes to not following prophecies.

But back on topic: Sunstorm is the Orange one from MtMtE Pt. 1 (although some like to think he's the yellow rainmaker, too, since "storm" is the last part of his name), and Acid Storm is the name retonned for the Green Rainmaker. The blue one is sometimes called "Hydrostorm" from what I've heard and seen (Spurt Reynolds made a kick-ass "Hydrostorm" rainmaker from an Animated Starscream), but that's about it.

10. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I just want Hasbro to make repaints of the classics Seeker mold using the purple and yellow/orange layouts.

11. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I still want names for the Seeker repaints we got in the toyline.

My suggestions:

G2 Ramjet - Slipstream

Black Starscream - Darkscream

G2 Starscream - I got nothing.

I also think Classics and Henkei Ramjet differ enough to count as different characters, again I can't think of any names but if anyone can, lets hear them.

12. Crumplezone

Crumplezone Banned

I've got a fan character based on the seeker with the flamethrower named Backdraft.

13. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I would go for Nightscream over Darkscream.

As for G2 Starscream, how about Hellscream.

14. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Top is Sunstrom, bottom one is a Rainmaker.

15. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

Officially, Sunstorm is the orangey-yellow one from More Than Meets The Eye (Part 1). Personally, I prefer him to be the yellow member of the Rainmaker trio, along with Acidstorm (the green one) and Jetstorm (the blue one).